Basic Standard Tactics

Right, i'm not here to bitch or moan off this game.

However, since i've had FM09 for Xmas, i've started a few games and found it quite difficult to get into tactically. I started with Man Utd but my results were all over the place.

I think as the tactics of the game have advanced, i've gone backwards.

I read the bible and that helped although I think it got to the point where I tweaked everything too much.

I was just wondering whether the tactics in the game already are alright to start with and then build from there?

It sound like a simple answer of yes but it's never anything i've done before.

If I was to start a game with the 442 tactic in built, if i played with it would i get results? With some tweaking?

Cause it appears a lot of people more tactically advanced on the forums create there own from the off.

Hope people can help.

Right, i'm not here to bitch or moan off this game.

However, since i've had FM09 for Xmas, i've started a few games and found it quite difficult to get into tactically. I started with Man Utd but my results were all over the place.

I think as the tactics of the game have advanced, i've gone backwards.

I read the bible and that helped although I think it got to the point where I tweaked everything too much.

I was just wondering whether the tactics in the game already are alright to start with and then build from there?

It sound like a simple answer of yes but it's never anything i've done before.

If I was to start a game with the 442 tactic in built, if i played with it would i get results? With some tweaking?

Cause it appears a lot of people more tactically advanced on the forums create there own from the off.

Hope people can help.

Read cleons thread the sheff u project. He won the championship using the default 4-5-1 with no tweaks at all. So yes they do work.

Archived