Yeah i know what you mean. Im in Blue Square Premier and for the first few seasons a lot of the grey ressies had significantly better stats than my 1st team. Because the game likes to make sure your first team has enough players (by making up the numbers with greys) you can demote all but a few of your first team players to the reserves squad. Either immediately or before your next game, you should get at least a few of the grey res promoted to your first team for selection

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chuzcredit:

Yeah i know what you mean. Im in Blue Square Premier and for the first few seasons a lot of the grey ressies had significantly better stats than my 1st team. Because the game likes to make sure your first team has enough players (by making up the numbers with greys) you can demote all but a few of your first team players to the reserves squad. Either immediately or before your next game, you should get at least a few of the grey res promoted to your first team for selection </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So if you demote as many of your first team as you can then the game will make some of the grey reserves available? Sounds like something to try out. But do the first team players who get replaced become greys and unavailable, or are they in the reserves and still promotable? Because if they are still promotable then I wonder if you could keep doing it until all greys are promoted :p

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by General 75:

what is the point of the b team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm thinking the only use for the B team is as a dumping ground for young players with good potential, this frees up space in the squad for new players, (i'm addicted to signing good players when their contract is expiring! i just have to have them all!)

so it's probably a good addition to the game!

Well I did a bit of testing with Newcastle.

I started by demoting all three first-team keepers, and I got a replacement keeper in the first team. The only thing was, he wasn't in the squad, first-team or reserves! I demoted the whole team except for one player...and got a whole new team of players, none of them first-team or reserves! When I switched to the reserves, most of them had been deleted, which meant that the reserves were nearly all the original first-team players, and the first-team were nearly all brand new players. I played the new first-team players in a match, they did ok but we still lost to Preston, so not good. After the match though none of the players had any ratings, or any evidence that they had played a game. Anyway, when you start promoting your other players back I think you start to lose the new players. It's confusing, so I think the best bet is probably just to use the reserves as a dumping ground and only try to gain new accessible players if your squad is stretched by injuries and suspensions, like maybe with a lower-league team. I hope in future versions they can make the reserve team accessible though, that would be great.

Archived