Gary Cahill: should I accept?

ypresfr

Gary Cahill, an important part of my UEFA Cup and 3rd placed team in 1st season, has been attracting interest from some of the biggest clubs in Europe and Arsenal have got in first with a £16 million offer in January season 2 (patch 8.0.2 btw).

My other DCs are Fazio, Vidal and Bellaid so if I accept can you suggest a replacement?

Thanks in advance. icon_smile.gif

Thanks guys, Miranda has moved to Stuttgart but I can still get him for £7.5 mill. Forster is a bit young for the first team atm, but he's great for the future. Mensah is a good shout, but Man City want £18 mill for him.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks guys, Miranda has moved to Stuttgart but I can still get him for £7.5 mill. Forster is a bit young for the first team atm, but he's great for the future. Mensah is a good shout, but Man City want £18 mill for him.

Any other thoughts?

Stevie McManus icon_razz.gif

Mancienne is on loan atm, at Motherwell so a no go until the summer.

McManus lol, actually doesn't look too bad but not good enough for the Champions League tho.

Delpierre is at Atletico Madrid, so out of the question. Cris is available for £7 million but a bit old at 31 maybe? Already got Cahais, sent him on loan to get some experience.

Thanks for the suggestions tho. icon_smile.gif

If you want a bit of experience, go for that guy at Fulham - Leon Andreasen.

Else, see is Albiol is interested and if he still have the 15-16M release clause (he usually signs a new contract with that clause in season 1/2).

Maybe try Gerard Pique. If he's left Man Utd and isnt at another big club, you might be able to pick him up cheap. Try Havard Nordtveit as well. See if Arsenal let him go cheapish. Becomes world-class. Then theres Steven Taylor. Excellent CB. Samba should still be pretty resonably priced. Felipe (Udinese) is quality.

Hmm, had my eye on Andreasen for a while, has great stats. He's available for £8 million, good enough for the Champions League?

Albiol isn't interested unfortunately, shame cos he looks great and he has a £15 million release clause.

No hope for Pique either I'm afraid, still at United and they want stupid money for him.

Again, I like Nordtveit and he does become class, one of the best DCs in the gane but will he be able to step into the first team straight away?

Taylor would have been great, English as well, but they want £30 million for him.

Felipe is a contender, available for £6 million but his concentration (10) is worrying me, is it a massive problem?

Samba again, fabulous player, £13 million is a bit steep for him tho, plus he's a Blackburn player. icon_mad.gificon_wink.gif

Great suggestions hulk, Andreasen and Felipe particularly, thanks man. icon_smile.gif

Hmm, choices choices. Gioda is at Lens and available for £15 mill and imo, altho he looks great, is not as much of a bargain as the others. Kaboul looks great and really cheap as well, very overrated if you watch him irl it seems.

Shortlist

Felipe (£6 million)

Andreasen (£8 million)

Kaboul (£4.5 million)

Skrtel (£7 million)

Miranda (£7.5 million)

Who would you guys choose?

Originally posted by ypresfr:

Hmm, choices choices. Gioda is at Lens and available for £15 mill and imo, altho he looks great, is not as much of a bargain as the others. Kaboul looks great and really cheap as well, very overrated if you watch him irl it seems.

Shortlist

Felipe (£6 million)

Andreasen (£8 million)

Kaboul (£4.5 million)

Skrtel (£7 million)

Miranda (£7.5 million)

McManus

McManus because you put him there icon_razz.gificon_wink.gif

Originally posted by ypresfr:

Gary Cahill, an important part of my UEFA Cup and 3rd placed team in 1st season, has been attracting interest from some of the biggest clubs in Europe and Arsenal have got in first with a £16 million offer in January season 2 (patch 8.0.2 btw).

Arsenal bidding for an English player? Are you sure about this? Is Wenger still in charge at Arsenal? icon_biggrin.gif

Shortlist

Felipe (£6 million)

Andreasen (£8 million)

Kaboul (£4.5 million)

Skrtel (£7 million)

Miranda (£7.5 million)

Kaboul no question at all.

Felipe would be my 2nd choice. but seriously Kaboul put him to challenge GK and he scores like mad. but apart from that hes still ridiculously good as compare to real life. he can pass and tackle really well for a defender thats so good in the air.

Archived