The New Man City

Anyone had a club become the new Man City on their games ?

On my Juve game, Newcastle got taken over by a Lithuainian consortium in season 1, and have splashed as much cash as Man City do!

Notable £10m+ signings :

Season 1 - Yobo, Huntelaar, Elano Total - £64m

Season 2 - Poulsen, Carrick, Ashley Young, Palacios, Cardozo, Javi Martinez Total £120m

Season 3 - Arteta, Santa Cruz, Mattock, Hubschman Total £69m

They finished 5th in the first season, managed to break the top 4 in the second season, and halfway through season 3, are 2nd, level on points with Arsenal at the top of the league!

Huntelaar, Cardozo, Owen and Santa Cruz are banging them in, what a strike force. I only noticed when I had to play them in the champions league, and managed two credible 1-0 victories against them.

Their squad is so strong, Martins, Barton, Duff, N'Zogbia etc are all transfer listed, in the reserves.

Anyone else had this happen in their games ?

Same for me, Newcastle got taken over as well and started spending even more than man city. However, they don't seem to be able to break the top 4 as they are still finishing mid table 4 seasons in.

More suprising takeover at mallorca. They seem to have plenty of cash to buy all the top rated players, however, none of them want to join mallorca. Probably because of their low rep.

On my Pompey save I got taken over by the Chinese and given £50m to spend 1st Jan window and £50 in summer window. I signed Foster, Fiorillo, Zapata, Sakho, Fazio, Veloso, Hamsik, Saivet, Balotelli, Podolski (free), Bojan (free) and Guardado.

The only orignial Pompey players left are Johnson, Kaboul and Kranjcar and they are back up players.

In my game in seems to be Northhampton Town. Got taken over by a belgian tycoon and appear to be buying there way to the premiership. Currently top of the Championship and going strong. Not quite sure how there 8500 seater stadium is going to cope with the Prem but never mind!

Was taken over by a Taiwanese tycoon with Newcastle as well.

70m to spend in 1st season,

90m in 2nd,

noe 104m in third

up from 15th to 7th after transfers in 1st, (39 points from last 19 matches, after 19 from the first 19)

2nd in 2nd,

now just started the third year.

Players bought after big cash came in:

1st season: K.Huntelaar, P.Progrebnjak, G.Bale, F.Fazio, T.Cahill and quite a few youngsters

2nd season: M.Richards, J. Wilshere, M.Marin, J.Martinez, P.Jagielka, R.Van der Vaart, S. Asenjo plus the usual youngers

3rd season: S.Eto'o, S. Ignashevich, A. Pirlo, Agbonlahor, one regen wonderkid from Boro (20 years, D LC, WB L DMC, MC), C. Rodriguez and the usual highly talented and expensive bunch of regens

Signed before cash came: Vukcevic and Cardozo.

Love my life :D

and btw I miss the old, sympathetic City team. They are no fun as what they are now.

No other takeovers yet, but Liverpool.

Morecombe - Taken over by a Chilean board and in the Championship have spent about 35m in two years trying to get promotion to the Premiership. Couple of good South American regens have found themselves playing at Morecombe.

Lecco (Serie C2A) have also been taken over by a set of Polish gentleman.

Asteras, Scunthorpe, Stade Brestois 29 and Volendam are other sides that have been taken over by forgein investors.

Some strange clubs have been taken over, my tip to find which clubs have been taken over is to go to job security, sort by finances and see what clubs finances are set as rich.

I love man city they offered 40million for Lassanna Diarra so i offered him about Barcelona bid 50million for him Haha Man City

Newcastle got taken over in mine they spend at least 80m+ every season they bought Xabi Alonso for 16m and hes bloody horrible haha needless to say poor old Joe K got the golden handshak

lol how many Lithuanian consortiums exist in real life?

The one that owns Hearts, FBK Kaunas and MTZ Ripo. Principle shareholder in all three clubs is Vladimir (Mad Vlad) Romanov, principle shareholder in Ukio Bankas, one of Lithuania's banks. It's the bank that actually owns the clubs, and also sponsors them.

The rubbish thing is, Mad Vlad is reportedly worth around £750m but doesn't exactly splash the cash... he just keeps them going and rotates players around all three clubs.

Archived