weird transfers

I bought Gomis for my Birmingham side from Arsenal for £0, Arsenal had payed £15million for him in january he played 15 scored 8 they put asking price £0 and i got him. WBA got Bosingwa on loan from Chelsea, Man utd bought Lampard £3.4 mill from Chelsea, Man city boguht Dos Santos for £23 million + Michael Dawson and, after being released from Man Utd i was shocked to see England international Ben Foster playing for Tranmere - i bought him for £1million, im in my 4th season after going on Holiday to this point.

beckham signed for rangers on a free summer 2008, bet victoria wasn't happy with him hehe.

by the way, forlan is a legend, purely for coming on as a sub and nutmegging dudek. one of my all time great footballing memories.

Back in FM07 on my brothers game a player called Craig Crawford he managed to sell for £50million and he was abysmal, went to Real Madrid in their first team but he was truly awful, i wouldnt have played him in a League 2 side... he had 5 stats above 10, one of them being pac which was 17, but i cudnt understand paying £50mil for someone i wouldnt have got on a free

Henry to tottenham was a strange one in my game.

But the wierdest one was when I sold Gio Dos Santos to Man City for 57 Million, only to play 5 games in the next 3 seasons for them, and be sold back to me for 6 million.

• 4 weeks later...
man city buying owen for £30m then selling him to real madrid for an inital fee of £33m rising to £53m. then man city bought david n'gog for £27m.

N'gog becomes amazing on two of my saves. I've bought him on a third one and he's doing really well for my Newcastle side. Although, at Man City he'll probably just rot.

walcott to real madrid for 27m in january of first season

I managed to get them to shell out 60 mil on him...

Then a year later grabbed him back for 45mil after he signed a new deal there with a buyout clause. :)

edit: The strangest one I wasn't involved in would be seeing Liverpool going for a player at a feeder club of mine... A 29 year old goalkeeper from falkirk who looked awful. So naturally i set my best scouts on him only to find out that the man had the talent to be a good player in League 1.

So, yeah. I still don't know exactly why they bought him. It wasn't for a lot of money (infact it may even have been free), and I don't think he actually got into their team, but why even bother? Perhaps a dodgy scout gave them off the mark feedback on him?

i signed erik nevland on a free at the start of my second season with leicester city. i had just got promotion to the championship. when it came to january, he had scored 13 goals and liverpool paid me £15 million for him hahaha. fantastic!

I was playing an LLM game in FM07 or 08, and a few years into the game I was arranging pre-season friendlies for my little Conference North side and managed to get a match with Rangers' reserves squad. I was annihilated 11-0, with Nicolas Anelka getting 4 (he signed for Rangers a season earlier for £3m) and Djibril Cissé getting 5 (he signed 2 seasons earlier for free). Now, I know Anelka's got a reputation for being a journeyman, but going to Rangers? For £3mill?

• 1 month later...

It´s still waaaay to easy to buy players with high PA from AI-controlled clubs. I have a large number of 150+ PA players that I have bought for next to nothing with Wolverhampton. The other clubs almost seems happy to get rid of them.

I am in my 2nd season and while my scout was on a search he came back with a list of players, on that like was Ben Foster (Gk from Man U) he had been released, only Norwich were interested so i snapped him up quickly, played 4, conceded 3. Thought that was a bit odd.

2012 Rooney to I. Milan for 53mil, can't see them letting him go, also 47mil Ashley Young to I. Milan. Same transfer window, their total spend that window was £140mil!

But there you go.

Hobgob.

P.S. Beckham is playing for Wolves!

Archived