Greenock Morton

hm86

Hi guys, has anyone come across a Greenock Morton guide or information page/thread. I have just started a new game with 'The Ton' and it's not going well. I am used to playing as big teams with lots of money but it gets boring. Now I am playing with Morton, who have a transfer budget of £35,000, normally I am paying my sub goalie that type of money a week.

If anyone can help I am looking for good tactics and possibly good players for well under £35k.

All help much appreciated!

P.S Sorry if this has been posted in the wrong area.

No, there isn't a Greenock thread. If you like, follow this guide and you could make one yourself. I feel really big headed recommending my own guide

And no, it's in the right area.

In this thread there is a shortlist with a lot of good, free players. All are players that should be 'signed at all costs' for a BSS team, so about your level. You may need to start again though, as there are a lot of players who are from Reunion, and wouldn't be on your game if you don't have Reunion loaded.

Willy Robert is fb, look out for him on that shortlist/if he is on your game.

Hi guys, thanks for the suggestions, I am still open to more. I started the game and doing not too bad for being Morton.

Keep the ideas and players comming, once again thanks!

I sometimes play as a team outside the SPL in Scotland, usually your best bet for half decent players is to loan them from SPL clubs, preferably Rangers or Celtic.

I've found N.Ireland especially Linfield, Glentoran or just the best player/top scorers in that league will generally sign for a Div 1 side in Scotland.

The Welsh Premier and Eircom league can be useful places to scout too, and pick players up from.

Generally when I play a LLM, i.e. outwith the SPL, in Scotland I load the top divisions from Wales/N.Ireland and Eire and ALL leagues in Scotland that way you can pick up the best players in Div 2 & 3.

• 1 year later...

Playing as Greenock Morton, and there's two strikers I've signed in particular who are going great guns for me:

Eugene Dadi (2k pounds from Perth Glory) (I'm an Australian manager, so know about him from RL)

I use him as a complete forward and target man, he plays off against my other recommend very well (I'll get to him later). He's old, 36, but huge experience, and absolutely brilliant in the air (much like in real life). He's currently my leading goalscorer.

Branimir Kostadinov (free)

Found this guy in one of the triallist matches. He's blindingly fast, I've not seen a defender catch him when he springs the offside trap. Great at running onto through balls, a real explosive player. He's just gone through a blip of form but redeemed himself with another of those explosive performances I'm loving him for with a goal and assist against my manager's mortal enemy Ian McCall and his Partick Thistle.

Godwin Antwi (free? can't remember)

Very VERY solid right back that I'm using consistently (whenever he doesn't get called up for Ghana national duties), tackle work in particular is great.

Pat Kanyuka (free?)

I use him as a centre back alongside the existing Stewart Greacen, and they're a fairly solid pairing. But my team's emphasis generally is on attack, and the reason I recommend Pat is because he's bounced forward and put in a few goals - 2 so far (I'm in December in my 1st season) (yeah I play slow)

Anyone else had some good runs with guys you've brought in?

• 11 months later...

Archived