SeXy FoOtBaLl 4-4-2 tactic amazing results.

Have to say after the first half of season (end of Jan) i am still very impressed with this tactic.

As i am playing as Man Utd currently i am using the home tactic for most games (including away) unless i play decent opposition (top 8) and the results have been extremley pleasing. i am yet to lose a meaningful game (carling cup loss but i play my reserves in every round). games are being won fairly comfortably and the defence is very tight also. have beaten arsenal and chelsea convincingly at home and got a 0-0 away to liverpool. I probably could have won this had i switched to home tactic but a point was goon enough so stuck with the control tactic to play safe.

i am confident this tactic will help me walk the league and champions league and will post back at the end of the season.

not going to test this with my at madrid game as i feel i will get similar results as have a fairly decent squad. may give this a test with someone like newcastle to see how we go.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok finished 1st season with Everton. Finished 6th. Was 3rd with 6 to play but injuries to Yakubu and Vaughan left me with only Anichebe as fit striker. Had a record of 18 wins 10 draws and 10 losses. Only got 4 points from last 7 games which cost me dearly. Hoping to get couple of decent strikers over the summer and and make the CL. Will let you know how it goes.

looks good!! I give it a try with a lower league team in Belgium

Veldwezelt (belgium 3rd division, media prediction 15)

Going on holiday, first I test it with the control Tactic, after that I test it with the home tactic.

Let you know the results,

wijnand

Here is are the results for the Control tactic:

ONLY AWAY GAMES

played 10

won 2

Draw 6

Lose 2

I think with some tweaks during the match, this is a solid away tactic.

Now I gonna test it with the home tactic.

Here is are the results for the Control tactic:

ONLY AWAY GAMES

played 10

won 2

Draw 6

Lose 2

I think with some tweaks during the match, this is a solid away tactic.

Now I gonna test it with the home tactic.

results

only home games:

played 12

won 6

draw 2

lose 4

Away results with home tactic:

played 13

won 4

draw 4

lose 5

Nice tactic, thanks

hello

it's very good tactics , i play in polish league - Zagłebie Lubin, it's not good team, i did a litlle change, i dont play playmaker and defender play 1:1.

2:1 GKS Belchatow - Home

3:2 Legia Warszawa - Away

0:0 Wisla Krakow - Home

1:1 Lech Poznan - Away

0:0 Ruch Chorzow - Away

3:1 LKS Lodz - Home

Thx for super tactics

Greetings from Poland

Ok so great start to 2nd season with Everton. 4 wins and a draw. Highlight was a 3-0 home win over Chelsea. Have added Arshavin as The Yak's partner so hope that will fix the lack of goals or my strikers.

Thats it once you get the players your sorted, they dont even have to be world class just have the right specific attributes, i've just finished my season with Roma i finished 5th which aint to bad as when i took over half way through the season they were 14th i also reached the Champions league final but lost to Arsenal 2-1, they are a pain to beat. I did all this without the right players so i expect once i can rebuild the squad next season it should be better, as the current strikers are way too old and arn't quick enough, and they have no decent full backs or wingers, the only strong part of the squad was they have 3 good dmc's.

This tactic is superb!!!

Now I play it with AZ Alkmaar (dutch league)

Against

Groningen home 3-0 WIN

Heracles Away 3-1 WIN

Cambuur Away 2-1 WIN

Willem II Home 2-1 WIN

Cercle Brugge away 3-0 WIN

NAC Home 3-0 WIN

Groningen Home 2-0 WIN

FC Utrecht Away 3-2 WIN

I'm only use the Home tactic

Thanks mate!!

This tactic is superb!!!

Now I play it with AZ Alkmaar (dutch league)

Against

Groningen home 3-0 WIN

Heracles Away 3-1 WIN

Cambuur Away 2-1 WIN

Willem II Home 2-1 WIN

Cercle Brugge away 3-0 WIN

NAC Home 3-0 WIN

Groningen Home 2-0 WIN

FC Utrecht Away 3-2 WIN

I'm only use the Home tactic

Thanks mate!!

Fantastic results let us know how the season continues.

Just downloaded the Tactics. About to start a game with Farsley Celtic in the Blue Square North League (Thought id give myself a challenge, always play top clubs) Anyway... i'll need all the help i can get starting that low, so heres hoping these tactics work.

Ill drop you a line when i get to say... Christmas in the first season.

ps what size of park do you normally use?

I just started with Farsley, what a coincidence. Gained promotion first season and sitting 3rd in BSP with my tactic.

I've got to say pointon. I'm liking this tactic. Playing with Blyth Media expectation is 18th in BSN

Played 20, Won 9, Drawn 9, Lost 2. Scored 30 let in 15.

Great tactic man and good to see it was done with Oldham. We've gotta keep together as oldhamers somewhere

I've got to say pointon. I'm liking this tactic. Playing with Blyth Media expectation is 18th in BSN

Played 20, Won 9, Drawn 9, Lost 2. Scored 30 let in 15.

Great tactic man and good to see it was done with Oldham. We've gotta keep together as oldhamers somewhere

Nice to know i've helped a fellow Oldhamer, which tactic are you using, the home or control or both?

hi, did you do a tactic for fm 07? because i used one with the same name to great effect. Maybe it was the 06 one that worked with 07.

This is why i had to try this. So my Tiverton Town (BSS) team are well good enough for the league, after losing in the play off final last year. Ive just started now and have been using Home because im always favourites. i dont know if this is the right thing to do so will try control occasionally instead. So far i have gone:

Lewes (H) 2-0 loss - Forgot to select a playmaker, and team hasnt gelled to tactic yet

Chippenham (H) 1-0 win - Not great performance, havent gelled obviously. Centre half scored, they missed great chance in closing stages

Eastleigh (H) (cup) 5-3 AET - were comfotably 3-1 up but kept the attacking formation stupidly and conceded two, in Extra time showed our class to close out result, strikers two each

Will keep you imformed on how things go, im sure i will have the success that everyone else has enjoyed

hi, did you do a tactic for fm 07? because i used one with the same name to great effect. Maybe it was the 06 one that worked with 07.

This is why i had to try this. So my Tiverton Town (BSS) team are well good enough for the league, after losing in the play off final last year. Ive just started now and have been using Home because im always favourites. i dont know if this is the right thing to do so will try control occasionally instead. So far i have gone:

Lewes (H) 2-0 loss - Forgot to select a playmaker, and team hasnt gelled to tactic yet

Chippenham (H) 1-0 win - Not great performance, havent gelled obviously. Centre half scored, they missed great chance in closing stages

Eastleigh (H) (cup) 5-3 AET - were comfotably 3-1 up but kept the attacking formation stupidly and conceded two, in Extra time showed our class to close out result, strikers two each

Will keep you imformed on how things go, im sure i will have the success that everyone else has enjoyed

Yeah i created the sexy football tactic for FM06, which did do well in FM07 as well, this is the first tactic i've created since which is worthy of carrying it's name. It does take time for your team to gel, i left Oldham and got the Roma job i drew 1 and lost 2 out of my first 3 games, when i took over they were 14th in serie A, i finished the season 5th, i got rid of alot of dead wood at the end of the season and brought in 11 new players, i'm currently top of lleague after 7 games still undefeated, but i can tell my team hasn't gelled yet as they arn't playing no where near as good as my Oldham team did in where i made very few personel changes.

If your playing away and you've control tactic and the opposition is creating a few good opportunities, i often change to home tactic which resolves the problem quite often, if your at home and using the home tactic and leading by a slender goal, then change down to the control tactic. Another tweak you can do if using the control tactic is, if you find the opposition winning the ball high up the pitch in and around your area, then turn down time wasting to half way or below, the reason it's so high allows your team to hold the ball and wait for your players to get into attacking positions, but if the opposition is closing down aggresively it can lead to problems.

my.php?image=sexyfootballcontrolonlyej6.jpg

ok hope ye can access this as have never added images before. Tactic going very well 7 wins and 3 draws. The Yak has hit 9 in 9 in the league. 2 huge wins home to Chelsea 3-0 & United 4-0. if you want any shots of anything let me know

o................, first match after my post:

Stade Rennais FC Home LOSE 2-3

let you know more results

Sparta Rotterdam Home 3-0 WIN

Vitesse Away 2-2 DRAW (made me the leader of the league)

Hertha BSC Home 2-0 WIN (we play sensational)

BV Veendam Home 3-1 WIN

VVV Away 1-1 Draw (they score in the 93th minute, they keeper had a 8)

Trip to Cambodja

I have completed a full season and have just started the 2nd season with these tactics. I am in English Premier League and have chosen Liverpool. With some budget adjustments, some begging to Tom Hicks and selling around 6 players (3 to Man City) i had a transfer pot that was approximately £60 million, so I spend £32 million on PATO, £18.75 million on DIEGO and £6 MILLION on RAMIRES, My stats were obviusly very good, but after winning 6, drawing 6 and losing 1 game (Chelsea 4-5) I realised I had to use the control tactic from the start and if struggling switch to home. Has anyone experienced anything like that? So with that in mind I carried on drawing a further 6 games and winning the rest, Liverpool's stats been 25 WINS, 12 DRAWS AND 1 LOSS. So in short this is a very good tactic, the best I have have found for FM2009 Ver.9.2. So to the owner of this tactic thank you for your hard work in devisign such a tactic and keep up the good work. In case you are wondering the 2nd season I am playing at the moment I have not had a loss after 8 games and only conceded 2 goals.

I am using this with my Luton team and playing some nice flowing football. One big problem i do have is that im creamed with the ball over the top or through the middle. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

You could try to lower the defensive line, and untick offside trap on the control tactic, but this could have an adverse effect on the tactic as you want to pressure the ball high up the pitch, look at the opposition strikers and if they are quick then lower it a bit and see how you get on, this happens to me as well on occasions, but not enough to prevent me winnng enough games to over achieve with my team.

Ideally you want to buy a couple of defenders with a decent amount of pace, good jumping, good tackling, teamwork and positioning this will help your back 4 play as a unit and allow the offiside trap to be effective. These stats are relative to the division you are in so if your playing in the lower league the stats font have to be as high as you would need in the premiership stats around the 12 mark would be good for league 1 and 2.

Lowered the DL and unticked the OT, that mixed with some OI and I seem a lot harder to break down. Cheers for the advice.

Another question, my fowards miss a lot of CCC's mainly due to smashing a shot direct at the keeper or putting it well wide. Any ideas?

Thanks again

Lowered the DL and unticked the OT, that mixed with some OI and I seem a lot harder to break down. Cheers for the advice.

Another question, my fowards miss a lot of CCC's mainly due to smashing a shot direct at the keeper or putting it well wide. Any ideas?

Thanks again

Get better strikers lol, if you find they are being pushed wide and shoooting from an angle, put their individual crossing from rare to mixed, and use player interaction and ask player to round the keeper that may help.

Do the wingers score many goals with this tactic?

Both wingers chip in with a few goals each, but they arn't prolific, it plays like a 4-4-2 should imo. The midfield and wingers are their to supply the goals, but will also chip in with a few during the season but it is your strikers who should be your main attacking threat and both should score a fair few during the season.

Sparta Rotterdam Home 3-0 WIN

Vitesse Away 2-2 DRAW (made me the leader of the league)

Hertha BSC Home 2-0 WIN (we play sensational)

BV Veendam Home 3-1 WIN

VVV Away 1-1 Draw (they score in the 93th minute, they keeper had a 8)

Trip to Cambodja

more results: (only play with the home tactic)

play with AZ, dutch league

NEC away 2-0 WIN

Feyenoord away 1-2 LOSE

Roda JC Home 2-1 WIN

ADO Den Haag Home 2-2 DRAW

Heerenveen Home 2-2 DRAW

Ajax away 0-3 LOSE

Look like it doesn't work anymore in the second half of the season!!

any tips??

more results: (only play with the home tactic)

play with AZ, dutch league

NEC away 2-0 WIN

Feyenoord away 1-2 LOSE

Roda JC Home 2-1 WIN

ADO Den Haag Home 2-2 DRAW

Heerenveen Home 2-2 DRAW

Ajax away 0-3 LOSE

Look like it doesn't work anymore in the second half of the season!!

any tips??

Against the big teams especially away try the control tactic, if your being outplayed then switch to the home, if your playing at home and winning the game by a slender goal using the home tactic then switch down to the control tactic in the latter stages.

not a very good tactic conceded to many goals i had a decent keeper defence gets hammerd all over not atractive football at all

Thanks for the feedback, yeah the defence could be a bit tighter, it's finding that right balance between tight defence and good attack and to be honest i find this tactic finds the happy medium, but maybe not for your team, as for not playing attractive football i disagree, when i created it with Oldham, eventually the football became pleasing on the eye once the team got used to it and gelled together, with some neat one touch passing. Once i moved to Roma and tried the tactic, it was to be honest abit stop and start due to the team having a low morale and a new tactic being implemented on the team. Now i'm halfway through my 2nd season with Roma and my new signings have gelled together, the football has improved and they are now playing similar to how my Oldham team did. Basically attractive football needs three things, the right instructions, the right players and time for your team to gel.

Ok nearly mid-point of 2nd season with Everton. 1st in the Prem after 18 games. 13 wins 3 draws 2 defeats. Have 39 goals for and 14 against. Have played big 4 at home. Beat Chelsea 3-0 United 4-0 Liverpool 3-2 & Arsenal 4-0. Arshavin has solved lack of goals for Yak. The Yak has 16 goals in 17 games and Arshavin has 4 goals and 11 assists. Prob wont win title but hope to get top 4. Will throw up some screen shots at the end of the season. Just in case ye are wondering about starting 11 or acquistions the 1st choice 11 is

GK- Howard

DR- Neville

DL- Baines

DC's- Yobo and Jagielka

DM- Emerson (650k from Milan)

MR- Arteta

ML- Gavilan (6m from Getafe)

MC- Cahill

ST- Yakubu

ST- Arshavin ( free from Man City)

So not major changes to whats there already.

Thought I'd give you an update of my Cardiff game. After losing in the play-off final last year my first full season with your tactics have netted me...the title!

Played: 46 Won: 29 Drew: 13 Lost: 4

That's a 100pt haul. Simply been using home at home and control away apart from the odd cup game against Prem opponents.

They are just so solid. Unbelievable. Thanks for them Pointon. Legend.

I'll let you know how the debut prem season goes!

Thought I'd give you an update of my Cardiff game. After losing in the play-off final last year my first full season with your tactics have netted me...the title!

Played: 46 Won: 29 Drew: 13 Lost: 4

That's a 100pt haul. Simply been using home at home and control away apart from the odd cup game against Prem opponents.

They are just so solid. Unbelievable. Thanks for them Pointon. Legend.

I'll let you know how the debut prem season goes!

Congrats, my debut season in the prem i used control both home and away, and finished 2nd, i never used home as generally i was always the weaker side.

Yeah, well, even with that fantastic total I only secured it on the last day of the season, West Ham and Leeds were breathing down my neck all the way.

Really looking forward to next season. I think I'm gonna go with control home and away like you suggest and only switch to home if I need goals.

Played 72 Drew 11 lost 3

That's how good the tactic has been working for me

When you make this kind of statement is very important to say the club you're managing, so we can evaluate the relative success. I've been using this tactic for only a few games, but I have to say I'm achieving some success with very weak team Covilha in portuguese first div.

Tactic is working well for me.

Playing as Farsley Celtic in the Blue Square North. Used the tactic all season and after the boxing day games i am top of the league.

Well top 3 teams are all on 39 points then 4th and 5th are on 38, but my goal difference is +19 which is why im top.

Only a part time team, so have struggled to get players with the attributes given with the tactics. If i had strikers with a better finish and composure score, id be well clear. This tactic makes so many chances for your team. Can't Complain.

I am Oxford and 10 games in 1st season I changed to the Control-tactic.

I lost 2 cupgames just after the switch but since then I haven't lost a game and have had clean sheet in the last 18 games.

I am now in late january and located at 1st place

Ahh the mighty Oxford, I had some great seasons with them back in the days

This tactic is doing ok with Luton in the Championship, im 15th but this is good considering how shabby my squad is! With a good set of players this tactic could be very affective

not a very good tactic conceded to many goals i had a decent keeper defence gets hammerd all over not atractive football at all

I'm really surprised by this, I did have the the occasional game where goals went in but overall I had the best defense in the league with Cardiff in the Championship. 39 goals conceded in 46 games. I did have a decent team but what I liked about this tactic is that it manages to keep the 'clean through' chances down that on other tactics were happening all the time.

I can't recommend this tactic enough to be honest. It has saved FM2009 for me.