SeXy FoOtBaLl 4-4-2 tactic amazing results.

If your favourites away from home use the home tactic, thats what i do now with Roma and do well, i now only use the control tactic away from home in the tricky fixtures.

Beat West Ham in the 3rd round of the FA Cup with this tactic and I'm Dover in the Blue Square Premier.

Only downside is that I am a West Ham supporter

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Gago and Modric in my Tottenham side...

both good playmakers, Gago DMC and Modric MC...

which would you use at the playmaker?

Initially i set the DMC as the playmaker but my last couple of seasons i've used my MC as playmaker and still had great success so i dont think it's too important, just pick the player with the best, passing, creativity, off the ball, composure and flair. Those stats should allow him to find space, be comfortable in possession and be able to spot and deliver a killing throughball.

Pointon - you legend.

Finished my 1st season as QPR as champions of the championship - by 1 point!

I was predicted 12th - what an achievement.

I've signed Faubert, Barton. Looking for a striker for 5 mill ish to strengthen my side.

First 2 games in the premiership - lost 4-2 away at chelsea... not bad. Beat Everton 1-0 at home - sweet!

Does anybody find the opposition score (and get alot) of freekicks? Any idea how I can cut out the defensive frailties?

No must be your players infact i usually give away the least fouls every match and have the least yellow cards this season. My goals conceeded have been the least in Serie A for the last 3 seasons, thats due to me getting better defenders since i took over the club and not bringing in too many additions every season, i have a settled team and settled back 4.

Pointoin how did you discover this.... heres my form up to now:

Marine.jpg

Media prediction 21st (Second to last)

I wish i could find the real kits for Marine, my 49 season ticket holders dont really appreciate the blank shirts....

I read Loversleaper tactical guide and created his many different tactics, and employed them in my game, which did well for me, but they were just a framework, that gave me a good base to work from, i then went on to create 3 tactics 1 away 1 home and the control based around alot of what he said in his thread. However the away version was abit hit and miss so i started using the control tactic in away matches and found it was working really well and the home tactic did great for me in the home matches, so i no longer had any use for the away tactic i created and posted these two.

A lot of praise should be given to Loversleaper as without his tactical framework post, and the simple way he explained how to go about developing different tactics based around a 4-4-2. I'd not have managed to create two tactics that both give fantastic results and performances.

After being offered the Chelsea position after nearly three seasons at Everton I decided to try out your tactic set, which is being used to great effect so far. Managed to scrape Chelsea to 5th in the last few games of the season and win the Euro cup, I've won opening seven games in all competitions in following season although I'm yet to keep a clean sheet which is annoying me as I cannot seem to see any defensive faults in-game.

On the whole though my team are playing exellent football and winning games which is the main objective at present :thup:

ff jeff are you using the control tactic?

After being offered the Chelsea position after nearly three seasons at Everton I decided to try out your tactic set, which is being used to great effect so far. Managed to scrape Chelsea to 5th in the last few games of the season and win the Euro cup, I've won opening seven games in all competitions in following season although I'm yet to keep a clean sheet which is annoying me as I cannot seem to see any defensive faults in-game.

On the whole though my team are playing exellent football and winning games which is the main objective at present :thup:

In my limited experience of this tactic, I have found that the control tactic does, yes. Although I'm in 3rd season I would not say my Chelsea team is great, it has fantastic potential but it needs time to gel.

One thing I am struggling with is the lack of CCC's, overall I am having greater possession in nearly all games and my shots on target ratio is good.

Anyone any advice on preventing last minute goals against my team. I am playing the control tactic but still teams seem to score late on against me.

I have checked obvious things like players energy levels and they still all seem to be ok e.g 75 % and upwards. I have taken off timewasting though as I am morally oppossed to this tactic !!! do you think if I put it back on it helps. Anytime I have played with high timewasting all it seems to do is result in 8 minutes of injury time thus giving the other team longer to equalise !!

Anyone any advice on preventing last minute goals against my team. I am playing the control tactic but still teams seem to score late on against me.

I have checked obvious things like players energy levels and they still all seem to be ok e.g 75 % and upwards. I have taken off timewasting though as I am morally oppossed to this tactic !!! do you think if I put it back on it helps. Anytime I have played with high timewasting all it seems to do is result in 8 minutes of injury time thus giving the other team longer to equalise !!

The time wasting is a key part of the tactic, i didn't put it there to hold onto leads. The idea behind it is your back 4 and DMC will hold onto the ball abit longer before unleashing the pass to your wingers and forwards who by then will be in more advanced positions thus creating better chances. Which works exactly as planned in my game, the only downside is if you have defenders and a DMC who arn't comfortable on the ball they could lose it in dangerous positions. It also helps later on in games when your holding onto a slender lead.

If your losing and chasing the game then i would recommend lowering it, also if your players are getting caught in possession in dangerous places then i would lower it. Other than that i would keep it as it is.

hi there iwould love to try this tactid however i cannot bet it to downlaod from filefront the link just asks me to find or save but it wont download at all - i have 7-zip and bittorrent.

please can someone help me as i hav ebarca in champs league final and would love to try the conrtol version as i concede too many goals against top teams atmo

Should i set OI ? Where do i place my tall, strong striker and the fast technical? Left or right position?

Thank You.

I dont use OI, and the tactic is developed for the use of two pacy strikers, as they swap positions, if you want to use the tactic and you have a target man type player, then you would need to adjust the tactic to suit.

i.e Place the target man in the FCR slot, remove forward runs, remove swap positions with the other striker and give your striker through balls often.

Or buy another pacy forward and use the tactic as suggested in my first post.

I dont use OI, and the tactic is developed for the use of two pacy strikers, as they swap positions, if you want to use the tactic and you have a target man type player, then you would need to adjust the tactic to suit.

i.e Place the target man in the FCR slot, remove forward runs, remove swap positions with the other striker and give your striker through balls often.

Or buy another pacy forward and use the tactic as suggested in my first post.

Yeah, thank you :-)

Pointon is it wise to bring time wasting to a minimum when you are behind? Exactly what should i change to make my players hurry up to make a goal before full time?

Also do you use playmaker with the home tactic?

If your behind and wanting a goal back, reduce time wasting and increase mentallity and tempo. I am in the process of doing a 4-2-4 for this exact reason though if i have success i'll post it. I use a playmaker with the home tactic, having tested it over a few seasons i dont think it matters if you use the DMC or the MC as the playmaker as long as the player as the appropriate stats for the role.

Ive tried the tactic for 20 games (champ lge + league games) and so far the results are = P-20 W-14 D-1 L-2,,,,,,,,,i'm playing Barcelona with 9.1.0 patch.

Its not bad,,,, i'm currently 2nd (2pts behind Real M),,,,,,(the lost games were 1 in lge and 1 in champ lge). A couple of the results i think were down to not choosing the right tactic (i was fooled into playing HOME tactic away to Getafe a small club but i didnt realise they were in 5th and i lost 1-0 perhaps i should of used CONTROL tactic instead).

So my question is do you go by where the team you are playing against position in the league or the match odds to choose which tactic to use????????

I had my doubts at the start of my 2nd season, using this tactic, but I have just come to the end of the 2nd season and I've managed to get Villa a Champs League spot.

Season summary :-

Premier League - 3rd

FA Cup - 6th round

UEFA Cup - 1st round knockout

League Cup - 4th round

Highest league goalscorers - 70

Top Goalscorers - Keirrison 25, Kepa 23, Agbonlahor 17 and Cuellar 16

Best results - Arsenal(H) 4-1, Newcastle(A) 5-2 and Chelsea(A) 2-0

Player of the season - Carlos Cuellar Av. Rating - 7.41

I'm glad I kept faith with the tactic. It is by far the best tactic I've used in FM09 so far.

I thank you.

In the two seasons i have played with this tactic at Liverpool i have won the league twice, getting 93 and 96 points, lost only three league games, won the champions league twice, never lost a game in it, won the fa cup once and runners up once, euro super cup, community shield and club worl champs, amazing tactic mate

Gunners if you scroll up you will see my marine team my CB got 11 goals for the season and hes not even my good CB :)

And Bob the tactics works brilliant without a target man so why would you want one? Just get another pacy striker in.

Monkey, my guess is the OI clogs up the tactics ands confuses players a little more, theyre really not needed, thats the thing i love most about this tactic because i hate OI

Does this tactic work with a target man instead of one of the fast strikers? If so what settings are needed?

If you are using a target man and a pacy striker i would change the following:

Put your target man in the FCR slot

Remove swap positions with the other striker

Ask target man to hold up ball if he has good strength

Try through balls often for the target man

Great tactic for me unbeaten since using it into my 26th game now, got defoe and robinho finding the net at last! Included wins against liverpool 3-1, arsenal 3-1 valencia 3-0 and a 2-2 draw against man utd aswel as a 1-1 draw at chelsea. Hope it continues to be succesful for me il post back with further results.

these tactics are great, this tactic I've used for the first league after 5 games, 5 games in the first 2 defeat 2 win 1 draw, if I had used these tactics at first, would be the champion .. I'm using the 4-4-2 tactics edit and implement the tactics I am using the displacement control of ..

but i win Turkis Cup

Thanks a great tactic

kadrojj3.png

ligbz5.png

recovered to finish 9th in the league and win the fa cup so not a bad first season in the prem hopefully i can push on for next season.i found team talks a bit difficult so had a look around the forums and the talks that wils81 gives his team seem to work ok.

OK... tried this with OI for the last half of my 1st season as West Ham and dragged us up from 15th to a respectable 9th place finish but still with pretty patchy form TBH.

2nd season tried without OI and also sold Dean Ashton for a stupid price of £26m to Real Madrid and brought in Guardado, Keirrison and Bojinov (for a bargain of £3.6m!) also signed Bojan on a freebie. Currently in January and topping the league after starting the season with 8 wins, including wins over Liverpool and Arsenal. So in my opinion awesome tactic!

WHUs2.jpg

I'm currently in a game as QPR, just about to start my 3rd season. I came across this thread halfway through my 1st season. At the time I was mid-table, struggling to score, and drawing a lot of matches 0-0. It took me a while to implement this tactic as I didn't have the right sort of players in each postion. I finished just outside the playoffs in the 1st year, but had high hopes for next season. Unfortunately, I had an awful start to the 2nd year and even though I seemingly had the right sort of players to fit the tactic, I was languishing in about 14th place, and the board were starting to doubt me....

The turning point was about 18-20 games into the season. I asked my captain, Tomassi, to call a team meeting, which went well. I also stopped implementing OIs. The remainder of the season was like a dream! I was undeafeated in the league from that point on, and only just missed out on automatic promotion. I ended up winning the playoffs comfortably, and am now looking forward to my first season in the Prem.

The point of this reply is that you need to be patient with this tactic. There are no quick fixes to this game, I've played it for long enough to realise that. If you feel it's not working for you, read through the list of comments and try the many tweaks and adjustments that some people have submitted. This is a cracking frame to start from, and if managed properly, will reap rewards. I know lots of people have said this pointon27, but you really have reinvigorated my interest in this game, and for that, I thank you. My girlfriend however, does not.

Hmmm people dont implement OI's?

I have been using them all of the back end of my 2nd season (my most recent) with Man Utd and won the league and the Champs League. Have not been using them in my friendlies as I cant be bothered but are wipping teams 4 or 5 nil so will try in the league.