SeXy FoOtBaLl 4-4-2 tactic amazing results.

Started a new game with Newcastle and decided to give this tactic a go. The first 4 pre season friendlies against lower league opposition and Werder Bremen I used the home tactic and drew all 4 matches with the opponents having more shots on goal. The last 2 friendlies I switched to the away tactic and won both games comfortably.

First game of the season I beat City 6-1 away from home despite them having more shots on target. Next game was at home against Arsenal, a 1-0 win with 61% possesion and very little given away. Sunderland away was a very even game which I did manage to win 2-0. Since the away tactic was working so well for me I decided to stick with it in the next home game against Hull. For the first time this season my team had less possesion of the ball, but I still managed a 3-0 win.

I'm a little wary to use the home tactic now, perhaps I'll switch once we go behind in a game, but until I get some better players the away tactic suits my team more.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Started a new game with Newcastle and decided to give this tactic a go. The first 4 pre season friendlies against lower league opposition and Werder Bremen I used the home tactic and drew all 4 matches with the opponents having more shots on goal. The last 2 friendlies I switched to the away tactic and won both games comfortably.

First game of the season I beat City 6-1 away from home despite them having more shots on target. Next game was at home against Arsenal' date=' a 1-0 win with 61% possesion and very little given away. Sunderland away was a very even game which I did manage to win 2-0. Since the away tactic was working so well for me I decided to stick with it in the next home game against Hull. For the first time this season my team had less possesion of the ball, but I still managed a 3-0 win.

I'm a little wary to use the home tactic now, perhaps I'll switch once we go behind in a game, but until I get some better players the away tactic suits my team more.[/quote']

What patch are you using?

Sorry been havung trouble with my internet here are my tweaked tactics:

http://files.filefront.com/sexy+footy+Powello+Home+1tac/;13373656;/fileinfo.html

http://files.filefront.com/sexy+footy+Powello+Contro1tac/;13373655;/fileinfo.html

Thought it would be better to post them here gareth250480 as i see you are now testing pointons new ones so gives other people a chance, but thanks for the offer.

Also pointon, i'm having trouble downloading the patch as my internet keeps playing up so hopefully you or others can test them on the patch and let me know because they are working great for me on this patch so would be interesting to know if they will work when i finally get the patch. Also not everyone has the new patch so could help those people aswell

Update on pointon tweaked home and away tactics game by game

Man utd v Pompey (Home using home tactic) 1-1 draw AET (lost on pens) used my subs mainly instead of 1st choice team as was carling cup.

Goals: Zapata (corner)

2 ccc v 1 ccc

45% posession v 55% posession

21 shots v 14 shots

Man Utd v W Brom (Home using home tactic) 4-1 win

goals: Ferdinand (corner), Ronaldo (Pen), Rooney & OG

2 ccc v 1 ccc

48% v 52%

12 v 10

FC twente v Man Utd (away using control) 2-1 win

goals: tevez & vidic

1 ccc - 3 ccc

54% - 46%

5 - 9

Wigan v Man Utd (away using control until 68 mins then home) 1-1 draw

goals: Tosic. Zaki for wigan, cross from right mid and he beat 3 of my defenders to head into the corner

0 ccc v 2 ccc

48% v 52%

7 v 15

Man utd v Pompey (home using home tactic) 2-0 win.

goals: rooney & Vidic (Corner)

1 ccc v 0 ccc

47% v 53%

20 v 2

By far the best performance so far. clearly still struggling to create decent chances as only 1 ccc despite 20 shots on goal. 5 blocked shots included in this. midfielders and strikers all had ratings between 7.0 and 7.6 so fairly decent. solid defensively in this game.

Man Utd v Schalke (home using home tactic) 2-1 win

Goals: Hargreaves (free kick) & Rooney. Schalke scored from a corner

3 ccc v 1 ccc

50% each

22 v 9

another decent performance overall but ccc again poor considering 22 shots on goal. 1 of the ccc was my 2nd goal which was a cross from right mid that hit their centre back and dropped to rooney 8 yards out so not a ccc through decent football.

overall so far i am obviously picking up wins but i am playing as man utd so would expect this. the tactic seems to lack the cutting edge it did on 9.0.2 and i find the control tactic posession wise to be less than previous but early days testing.

if you think there is any other info you could do with knowing then let me know and ill post it tomorrow evening as i now need some sleep before work.

Update on pointon tweaked home and away tactics game by game

Man utd v Pompey (Home using home tactic) 1-1 draw AET (lost on pens) used my subs mainly instead of 1st choice team as was carling cup.

Goals: Zapata (corner)

2 ccc v 1 ccc

45% posession v 55% posession

21 shots v 14 shots

Man Utd v W Brom (Home using home tactic) 4-1 win

goals: Ferdinand (corner), Ronaldo (Pen), Rooney & OG

2 ccc v 1 ccc

48% v 52%

12 v 10

FC twente v Man Utd (away using control) 2-1 win

goals: tevez & vidic

1 ccc - 3 ccc

54% - 46%

5 - 9

Wigan v Man Utd (away using control until 68 mins then home) 1-1 draw

goals: Tosic. Zaki for wigan, cross from right mid and he beat 3 of my defenders to head into the corner

0 ccc v 2 ccc

48% v 52%

7 v 15

Man utd v Pompey (home using home tactic) 2-0 win.

goals: rooney & Vidic (Corner)

1 ccc v 0 ccc

47% v 53%

20 v 2

By far the best performance so far. clearly still struggling to create decent chances as only 1 ccc despite 20 shots on goal. 5 blocked shots included in this. midfielders and strikers all had ratings between 7.0 and 7.6 so fairly decent. solid defensively in this game.

Man Utd v Schalke (home using home tactic) 2-1 win

Goals: Hargreaves (free kick) & Rooney. Schalke scored from a corner

3 ccc v 1 ccc

50% each

22 v 9

another decent performance overall but ccc again poor considering 22 shots on goal. 1 of the ccc was my 2nd goal which was a cross from right mid that hit their centre back and dropped to rooney 8 yards out so not a ccc through decent football.

overall so far i am obviously picking up wins but i am playing as man utd so would expect this. the tactic seems to lack the cutting edge it did on 9.0.2 and i find the control tactic posession wise to be less than previous but early days testing.

if you think there is any other info you could do with knowing then let me know and ill post it tomorrow evening as i now need some sleep before work.

If i was Man Utd and playing the likes of Wigan and FC Twente away from home i'd start of with the home tactic, not control. In my Roma game i was creating chances like i did before the patch although like you mentioned i now get less possession with the control than i did before. Only played 2 games in pre season so far with Man City won them both 4-0 and 5-0 using the home, but i'll have a better idea when the league starts.

Are your preformances better now with the new tactics on the patch or the same as the original tactics.

Hey Pointon... what speed do you recommend for your cbs? I know you say the slowest should be no more than 12 pace but I find if you have a slow defender you get murdered against top clubs unless you drop the d-line or untick offsides... I'm just wondering what I should look for in the next transfer window when it comes to a minimum pace requirement for my defenders.

Cheers mate.

Yeah thats exactly how it's supposed to be, though in my game with Roma my side is so strong i tend to use home tactic in all but a few of my games, after the patch i've noticed i'm not breaking teams down like i did before but touch wood my tweaked versions seemed to have done the trick. However i'm just about to start a new game with Man City to see for certain. I'll play a few games and if all goes well i'll upload the new tweaked versions for you all to test and give feedback on.

Excellent look forward too trying your tweaked tactic your got a real winner here with those two tactics nice work.

Hey Pointon... what speed do you recommend for your cbs? I know you say the slowest should be no more than 12 pace but I find if you have a slow defender you get murdered against top clubs unless you drop the d-line or untick offsides... I'm just wondering what I should look for in the next transfer window when it comes to a minimum pace requirement for my defenders.

Cheers mate.

It depends in the league your in, premiership would require more than a league 1 team, but other things can compensate for a defender with only 12 for pace, i always check for positioning, team work, composure, tackling, marking, anticipation and concentration if your defender has high stats in these then it can make up for a lack of pace, but i do like to have one that is quick i.e pace of 17 or above just as a safety net.

Out of the attributes mentioned composure is the least needed but it is handy due to the fact time wasting is set to high so you want your defenders comfortable on the ball.

For anyone wondering if this works with 9.3.0, early indications are that it does.

Started a leeds game...

used home formation home to Stockport and dominated, easy 2-0 win

used home formation away at darlington in cup and won 3-1

used away(control) formation away at Leicster and won 4-3

If i was Man Utd and playing the likes of Wigan and FC Twente away from home i'd start of with the home tactic, not control. In my Roma game i was creating chances like i did before the patch although like you mentioned i now get less possession with the control than i did before. Only played 2 games in pre season so far with Man City won them both 4-0 and 5-0 using the home, but i'll have a better idea when the league starts.

Are your preformances better now with the new tactics on the patch or the same as the original tactics.

The reason i started off with the control tactics in these games away to fc twente and wigan was due to the match odds not being heavily in my favour. i was favourites for both games but not clear favourites so that is why i used the control to start with.

my performances towards the end were getting better using the home tactic and the shots on goal increased although as i said CCC are still low compared to what they would have been before. they are better performances than what they were using the original tactics on 9.3.0 and i think they are moving in the right direction.

just need to figure out a way of unlocking the oppositions defence a little easier. i am at work today but have fm09 here so if i am not busy then i will have a look and see if there are any tweaks to the attack that can be done. if not ill have a try tonight.

I always make sure i hire an ass man with high motivations stats, and although i dont set him to give team talks i do click on what he recommends and then if it sounds ok i go with it.

Things you need to take into account are, the team i manage i am always favourite, whether i'm home or away, my squad personality is very determined this all has a bearing on the correct team talks.

Ok what i notice from my ass man, taking all the above into considerations is in 90% of games he says, "for the fans". At half time, if i'm winning by a couple of goals against opposition i'm expected to beat easily he says, " None". Initially i used to change this to pleased, but always had a bad second half but lately i've stuck none and my 2nd half as been alot better except if any of my strikers have a half time rating of 7.0 or higher i say, " have faith". If i'm winnng by just 1 goal against opposition i should beat easily my ass man says, " Dont get complacent", I stick with this and it does ok for me. If i'm drawing or losing against opposition i should beat easily he says, " Dissapointed" again i stick with this and my 2nd half tends to be better. If i'm playing a team who i'm only slight favourites to beat i.e one of the big boys, then if i'm winning by a couple of goals my ass man says, "Pleased" i stick with this as it seems ok and i dont have any adverse effects. I i'm drawing the match at half time, me ass man usually gives the sme talk as he did before the match i.e "for the fans" again i stick with this option.

I said 90% of the time he uses "for the fans" which does ok for my team, on occasions though he will say, "i expect a win" when ever that is said i'm guaranteed a poor performance i was flying high at the top of Serie A, and was playing the team bottom of the league at home who hadn't won a game all season, my ass man said "i expect a win" so i stuck with it i ended up losing the game 2-1. Needless to say i've not used that option since, so when my ass man suggests this i change it to, "we can win this" which does ok for me.

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much, pointon for reply!

The reason i started off with the control tactics in these games away to fc twente and wigan was due to the match odds not being heavily in my favour. i was favourites for both games but not clear favourites so that is why i used the control to start with.

my performances towards the end were getting better using the home tactic and the shots on goal increased although as i said CCC are still low compared to what they would have been before. they are better performances than what they were using the original tactics on 9.3.0 and i think they are moving in the right direction.

just need to figure out a way of unlocking the oppositions defence a little easier. i am at work today but have fm09 here so if i am not busy then i will have a look and see if there are any tweaks to the attack that can be done. if not ill have a try tonight.

Ok so far in my Man City game i've made a few signings but still need to strengthen in certain areas mainly my centre backs i've never played as a top team from the start of the game in 09 so i'm unaware of what players i can get and if they are any good but oh well.

So far in the league i've won 3 drawn 2 lost 1, the defeat was against Man Utd 1-0 away in my first league game of the season. However in the UEFA cup i'm destroying the small teams with my home tactic and have also won my 2 home games in the league easily with the home tactic, but they were the smaller prem teams. I drew 2-2 away at Middlesboro and drew 0-0 against Portsmouth away both games i should really have lost. I beat Wigan away and even though i was only slight favourites i used the home and won 3-2 but i was by far the better team.

Conclusions are i think the home tactic now is fine, however the control is not performing like it should, in my Roma save it does fantastic but i think thats down to the amount of success i've had previous seasons, so now when i play teams they sit with men behind the ball and try to play for a draw, but in my Man City game teams are attacking me more and i'm finding it hard to cope. I'm going to play later today and create a defensive away version to play on the counter and i'm going to see how the control tactic fairs at home against good opposition, as i'm now thinking i may need 3 tactics a home for poor teams a control for good teams when i'm at home and an away version against good to decent teams away.

Ok so far in my Man City game i've made a few signings but still need to strengthen in certain areas mainly my centre backs i've never played as a top team from the start of the game in 09 so i'm unaware of what players i can get and if they are any good but oh well.

So far in the league i've won 3 drawn 2 lost 1, the defeat was against Man Utd 1-0 away in my first league game of the season. However in the UEFA cup i'm destroying the small teams with my home tactic and have also won my 2 home games in the league easily with the home tactic, but they were the smaller prem teams. I drew 2-2 away at Middlesboro and drew 0-0 against Portsmouth away both games i should really have lost. I beat Wigan away and even though i was only slight favourites i used the home and won 3-2 but i was by far the better team.

Conclusions are i think the home tactic now is fine, however the control is not performing like it should, in my Roma save it does fantastic but i think thats down to the amount of success i've had previous seasons, so now when i play teams they sit with men behind the ball and try to play for a draw, but in my Man City game teams are attacking me more and i'm finding it hard to cope. I'm going to play later today and create a defensive away version to play on the counter and i'm going to see how the control tactic fairs at home against good opposition, as i'm now thinking i may need 3 tactics a home for poor teams a control for good teams when i'm at home and an away version against good to decent teams away.

i agree pointon that the home tactic seems to be good (probably better than the last especially possession wise). i have not tried the control tactic at home against good opposition but my next 2 games are chelsea away and arsenal at home so will definitely try against arsenal.

ill let you know how i get on around 7pm tonight.

[ i want to aske some questions who create this tactic?

what team talks did he use?

and what attributes are most needed for this tactic?

the 3 mos timp attributes for each position

You can find the attributes on the first post on the first page. Pace seems to be by far the most important attribute in the forward line.

I tend to let the assistant manager do the team talks, but if you look through the previous posts there are detaisl of which team talks to use and when.

Hope this helps.

hey mate, I would appreciate if you could send me your testing tactics for 9.3.0 patch, I will test it over the weekend and get back to you with feedback.. could you point out what is the difference between this tactics and 9.2.0 one?

veva707@yahoo.co.uk

Hi Pointon. I'm more than happy to do a bit of testing for you over the next few days. Please email me the tactics to phaf21@googlemail.com. Keep up the good work.
Hi,pointon27. I appreciate your tactic very much.As the new patch has been released, can you send me the new testing one for the new patch??? Here is my e-mail: marcocc122000@yahoo.com.hk
Oh, can you send me the testing-tactic too? vif_er_best_93@hotmail.com

Ok i sent it to you all. I think the home version is pretty much sorted and i'm gonna test the control at home against decent opposition to see how it holds up, if it's ok i'll get to work on an away tactic, as so far the control isn't what i expected away from home so it looks like we may have 3 tactics altogether.

Please leave feedback.

I use the 9.2.0 tactic in 9.3.0 (game started in patch 9.2.0)

Home WIN 3-1

Away WIN 2-1

So I think it still works in pach 9.3.0

Yeah it does as i was still getting results with Roma but i was no longer creating the clear cut chances it did before, or for me and many others anyway. To be honest my Roma squad was so strong my 3 year old daughter could of built a successful tactic for that team though. The acid test though is my first season with Man City as there is better teams than mine in the league so we'll see at the end of the season how it holds up, the only problem is i might have some teething problems early on while i'm tweaking and i've bought in many new signings which can take time to gel.

I gave this tatic a go first season on the new patch... 25 games gone Ferdinand has 22 goals!! My strikers don't even turn up tho :(

When I get bored of winning and developing young talent I'll resign and I'll try it with a low league team.

Thank you fantastic tactic!

Is anybody else experiencing their MR ML and CM being absolutly knackered by like the 60th minute since the patch update?

Yep.

Also results are shocking now with 9.3. Without doubt this was a brilliant 9.2 tactic but the patch has killed it.

I've played a couple of games on the new patch, and although I won both I was thoroughly outplayed. Birmingham had 55% possession, 20 shots and 5 clear cut chances against me, I just got lucky with 2 goals from set pieces. The weird thing was I used the Control tactic and I had less than 70% pass completion rate, even though I have got excellent players.