2D Classic pitch; is there a way to get like it was in 08?

peter-evo

I really do not like how ugly and squashed the "2D Classic" view looks in "classic view". What I want to know is whether there is something that I can do/download so that the pitch looks the same size as it did in FM08, if this removes the time-bar then so-be-it; I don't use it anyway.

It probably isn't possible but this is the one thing that is ruining my experience at the moment and am wondering if there is anything I can do.

You can remove the timebar via a bit of skinning - there would be two files that you would need to edit 'match highlights.xml' (normal pitch) and 'match highlights small.xml' (split view pitch) which are both located in the panels folder (which you will need to extract from panels.fmf using the resource tool)

When you have extracted the panels.fmf file go to your User Data folder (the My Docs/SI/FM09 one, where your save games and graphics are located) and create a panels folder inside the Football Manager 2009 folder and copy the two files from above into the panels folder.

Now you just need to comment out the timebar code in the above files to stop it being displayed:

Open the 'match highlights.xml' file with notepad, the second bit of widget code controls the timebar:

<widget class="match_time_slider" id="hgsl" height="40" changed_event="stht" final_changed_event="sthc">
     <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal"/>
     <attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="FS  " value="false" mode="1" set_property="hidn" skip_if_null="true" skip_if_resetting="true"/>
   </widget> 

To comment that out you just need to add <!-- to the start and --> to the end of that code like follows:

<!-- <widget class="match_time_slider" id="hgsl" height="40" changed_event="stht" final_changed_event="sthc">
     <attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="FS  " value="false" mode="1" set_property="hidn" skip_if_null="true" skip_if_resetting="true"/>
   </widget> -->

You can also comment out the code for the camera and TV View buttons if you only use the 2D Classic pitch, by commenting out the next bit of code, so change:

<container height="20" id="ctcn">
     <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="4"/>
     <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="bottom" offset="4"/>

<widget class="popup_button" id="cams" select_event="chcm" text="Camera[COMMENT - view selection popup for match screen]" fixed="false" auto_tick_exclusive="true" value="2">
       <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="0"/>
       <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="bottom" inset="0"/>
     </widget>

<widget class="action_button" width="100" text="TV View[COMMENT: full match screen; match action view - will display a traditional TV camera angle]" auto_size="all">
       <event id="click_event" event_id="tfso" event_target="mpnl"/>
       <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="right" inset="4"/>
     </widget>
   </container>

To:

<!--    <container height="20" id="ctcn">

<widget class="popup_button" id="cams" select_event="chcm" text="Camera[COMMENT - view selection popup for match screen]" fixed="false" auto_tick_exclusive="true" value="2">
     </widget>

<widget class="action_button" width="100" text="TV View[COMMENT: full match screen; match action view - will display a traditional TV camera angle]" auto_size="all">
     </widget>
   </container> -->

That will hide the timebar giving you more room for the pitch. You can then do the same thing for the 'match highlights small.xml' to edit the pitch for the split view.

When you load the game you may need to turn off the skin cache and reload your skin to apply the changes, if you are using a downloaded skin you may may need to copy those files into the panels folder of the skin you are using.

You can remove the timebar via a bit of skinning - there would be two files that you would need to edit 'match highlights.xml' (normal pitch) and 'match highlights small.xml' (split view pitch) which are both located in the panels folder (which you will need to extract from panels.fmf using the resource tool)

When you have extracted the panels.fmf file go to your User Data folder (the My Docs/SI/FM09 one, where your save games and graphics are located) and create a panels folder inside the Football Manager 2009 folder and copy the two files from above into the panels folder.

Now you just need to comment out the timebar code in the above files to stop it being displayed:

Open the 'match highlights.xml' file with notepad, the second bit of widget code controls the timebar:

<widget class="match_time_slider" id="hgsl" height="40" changed_event="stht" final_changed_event="sthc">
   </widget> 

To comment that out you just need to add <!-- to the start and --> to the end of that code like follows:

<!-- <widget class="match_time_slider" id="hgsl" height="40" changed_event="stht" final_changed_event="sthc">
   </widget> -->

You can also comment out the code for the camera and TV View buttons if you only use the 2D Classic pitch, by commenting out the next bit of code, so change:

<container height="20" id="ctcn">

</widget>

</widget>
   </container>

To:

<!--    <container height="20" id="ctcn">

</widget>

</widget>
   </container> -->

That will hide the timebar giving you more room for the pitch. You can then do the same thing for the 'match highlights small.xml' to edit the pitch for the split view.

When you load the game you may need to turn off the skin cache and reload your skin to apply the changes, if you are using a downloaded skin you may may need to copy those files into the panels folder of the skin you are using.

Thanks a million for this and really appreciate the time you put into the post. First of all, I have absoloutely no knowledge of Skinning what-so-ever. I was kind of hoping that it had already been done by someone before so I can download and play.

If it has not happened before could you please give me a link to a tutorial or something so i know exacly what to do as this could rekindle my love for FM09.

Thank you mate, Peter

Archived