Team talk persistance

my striker wasn't scoring, so apart from tactics, i played with his pre-match and half time instructions.

on pre-match, i was always expecting a performance, and if he didn't score, i told him at half time i was disappointed, or even angry with him if he missed more than one clear chance. and after a while he started bagging like crazy.

am i just being lucky, or is it possible to really motivate a player through this form of interaction?

has anyone had any luck with this sort of persistant pre-match and half time talk?

i suppose that the player has to have a certain level of mental attributes for this to be possible, and i also think that a manager needs a good squad discipline stat.

any thoughts? ideas?

I imagine he's the type of player that responds more to the stick than the carrot. There are those who will go on huge scoring droughts if you don't give them mountains of praise or have high expectations from them.

I do this for my team no matter who im playing home or away.

I always select I expect a win before the match on everyone.

Then any players who have morale of LOW - GOOD i change to no pressure.

At halftime if i'm drawing or losing regardless of there performance i select dissappointed . If i'm winning 1-0 , 2-0, or 2-1 i select Don't get complacent. if i'm winning 3-0 or above i select none.

I started doing this in a Man City save and seemed liked it worked. So i started a QPR game earlier just clicking and playing but using the above team talks and In ten games have only lost 1 . And beat Birmingham 5-1at home , Sheff Wed 6-2,.

Try it ... see what you think

Archived