Rics Championship game-A New Hope[Established Clan]

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ric, think you need to mail Goldy and sort out the Established Clan status. Just checked out the requirements for it and i have to say it is a travesty that we don't already have official status!

If all else fails maybe we could invite a moderator to join the clan and help hurry things along icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bottster:

If all else fails maybe we could invite a moderator to join the clan and help hurry things along icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for the record he begged icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stabwest:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bottster:

If all else fails maybe we could invite a moderator to join the clan and help hurry things along icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for the record he begged icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL hiya Stabwest, Happy Easter mate! icon_biggrin.gif

coventrycityww8.gif

Wolves Nick Bott

Prediction 17th

After rejoining Wolves to keep them in the premiership, i think its possible he can finish just outside the relegation places with a bit of luck.

Championship

Leeds - Ric

Prediction 6th

I think Leeds can just sneak into the playoffs, after taking over at Leeds, Ric has transformed the team from relegation battlers to playoff hopefuls.

Crystal Palace Mark

Prediction- 8th

i think he can take Palace to the top half of the table, but they might just miss out on the playoffs.

Leicester Ben

Prediction 20th

May struggle this season, after a decent last season, without new signings team may struggle to finish out of bottom 3

QPR- Andy

prediction 14th

With a dodgy defence which seems to leak goals, qpr may find it tough this season, but im sure the manager can bring in some new defenders to tighten up, but still will be tough for them

Coventry Me

Prediction 23th

A shockin season so far, after so much promise, and with the board not giving me any money to improve the squad for the past two seasons, it doesnt look good. We will struggle to get out of bottom 3 and by the end of the season i will be most likely be job less once again.

Div 1

Fergus Shrewsbury

prediction 7th

Has brought in a lot of new faces but i havent seen much of Shrewsbury, but i have a feeling they may just miss out on the play offs.

Cardiff Paul C

Prediction 19th

After being relegated from Championship, its surpriseing to see cardiff still doing poorly, but surely they wont go down again, i think they will have a mid-low table finish.

English Conference North

Harrogate- polo

prediction 7th

Cant see Polo lasting long in the lower divsions but if he stays with Harrogate they may push for promotion but not sure as ive not seen much of their games.

qprdg0.gif

Wolves - Nick Bott

Prediction 15th

Nick I believe will stay up this year and suffer from second season syndrome and drop like paris hiltons knickers next year.....

Championship

Leeds - Ric

Prediction 9th

Leeds I think need another year of signings before successfully challenging, but for some reason Ric seems to be the one person who can sell a multitude of players for near their selling price at will. So money won't be an issue.....

Crystal - Palace Mark

Prediction 10th

Can't see Mark doing better than last year, no signings of note, that said he did leave to return, if only that slimey toad Jordan would cough up the funds for a signing or two...

Leicester - Ben

Prediction 17th

Leicester did well last year. For some reason though in the championship doing well means struggling the next year.

Coventry - Ad

Prediction 20th

Bad start to the season despite some tasty looking signings, think me and Ad will scrape it and stay in...

QPR - Me

Prediction 19th

If the game would stop doing the following:

1 - Injuring all my first teamers

2 - Starting my season against all the top teams thus murdering any chance of a decent morale

Then I might have a chance, my defence on paper should be more than good enough but for some reason they don't understand basic rules like defend deep, how else can they all be in the opposing half when the other half counter attack????? Muppets.... at least that moocher Kanu went

Div 1

Fergus - Shrewsbury

Prediction 7th

Not seen what he's done.... or his team so prediciton i copied from Ad... hehe

Cardiff - Paul C

Prediction 5th

I think Paul can turn it around and push for promotion, just needs a few results to go his way.

English Conference North

Harrogate - Polo

Prediction 9th

Again no idea because I haven't really looked at the division or Polo's team. Polo does have an eye for players.

shrewsburypm1.gif

For this my first real post, I’ll try and summarise the last couple of sessions for the “Gayboysâ€.

Bristol at home turned out to be a bit of a bore, Peter ‘the Great†Rachukba had a blinder, and one of the media’s relegation favourites held on for a draw to hang on in mid-table.

Next up was the mighty Cardiff (lol), a team managed by my great friend Paul who are struggling just a little! Michael Ricketts gets first start and causes mayhem, meanwhile Paul managed to set tackling to “annihilate†and take out half my team. This was to prove crucial in later matches. As a result star loanee, Rothery (cheers Ric), came off the bench. A nil nil draw on the cards until Ferg released the Langmead from the bench. A 1 nil win was more than deserved and should have been more. Good game in any case, up to 12th.

With Rachukba, Kissock (loanee fm Everton and one to keep an eye on) and Gardner all crocked (Cheers Paul) in came Ryan “gift a goal†Esson for the away match at Newport. Newport keeper had a blinder, esson didn’t, nuff said! Absolutely battered them and lost 2 – 0 thanks to gift-a-goal. Still holding in 10th.

Next up was Scunny away with gift-a-goal in nets again. Newport had managed to crock 3 of my four strikers and when Ricketts got his first goal for the club, a draw was looking good until gift-another-goal got in on the act! Lost 2-1, down to 12th, Cardiff still below me!

Darlington at home was beginning to look like hard work, with the local hospital having more of my players than the changing room. Esson in nets, need I say 2-0 defeat. Darlington keeper MoM! Down to 14th, still above Cardiff!

Donny away next and this was a match I was dreading with my recent form and injuries, however with Rachukba back, and young Kamara making debut because of injury to Harry Worley, a rampant Shrews team ran riot winning 4 – 1, Tom Brighton hat-trick and Peter the Great saves penalty! Back to 11th.

Last game of the session was the Gills away, and I was looking forward to getting on a run again, until Peter the Great injured himself in trg, along with about 4 other starters, must have been one hell of a punch-up in the changing room. So back to Gift-a-goal in nets, and he squarely gets the blame for both Gills goals in a 2 -1 defeat!

The session was rife with crashes and an extra session was arranged and I am beginning to wish we hadn’t! (Only kidding Ric)

Everything started smoothly until match day, which was a Johnstons Paints thingamob mickey mouse cup match away to Torquay. I locked up as we got to match day, by the team I got back in, Asst was in control, and he’s for the sack! ST stands for striker, not AMR, AMC is not RB, AML is not LB! Lost 2-1

Next up was Hartlepool away, still no first choice keeper or CHs, forced to play Jody Craddock! Got battered for most of the first half, though gift-a-goal played better! Took him all of 22 mins before he screwed up! Second half all Shrewsbury, 1-1 until the 79th minute when Jody scored an OG.

So there you have Shrewsbury’s recent run is not good and I’m looking forward to Brentford away tonight!

PS. Paul couldn't make the session and cardiff won twice!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Asst was in control, and he’s for the sack! ST stands for striker, not AMR, AMC is not RB, AML is not LB! Lost 2-1

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rumours spread that Paul Carey's absence from the helm at Cardiff was to take a stint as Assistant Manager at Shrewsbury.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OMGitsDrTran:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Asst was in control, and he’s for the sack! ST stands for striker, not AMR, AMC is not RB, AML is not LB! Lost 2-1

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rumours spread that Paul Carey's absence from the helm at Cardiff was to take a stint as Assistant Manager at Shrewsbury. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HeHe...He needs some experience in his backstaff to keep him above Cardiff!

cardiffcityph5.gif

wolveswq1.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopra_hill:

cardiffcityph5.gif

Is there a session tonight then as from what I gather there was one yesterday night?

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes Paul there is a session tonight, last nights was just a quick catch up, about 90 mins or so, but full session tonight.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OMGitsDrTran:

banter1nt8.png

Paul didn't turn up for the mini session.... Nick obviously felt Cardiffs luck was in... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

harrogateyq9.gif

Predictions for the season

Nick - Wolves 13th - Think Nick will do OK in the Prem

Ric - Leeds 6th Play off spot Beckons

Mark - Palace 10th Mid table

Andy - QPR 5th Strong Finish Predicted.

Adam - Coventry 18th - Will avoid the drop

Fergus - Shrewsbury Unknown quantity - 12th Mid table

Paul - Cardiff 24th Rock Bottom for the Hooligans

Polo - Harrogate 10th Hoping for a play off place but will be difficult.

icon14.gif

shrewsburypm1.gif

Ok quick update before it all goes pearshaped. Shrewsbury's latest tales of woe began with an away match v Brentford, bottom the league. Gift-a-goal was back to usual self, giving one away in the 9th minute! Ryan lynch later got himself sent off and Brentford cruised to a 3-0 victory!

Having had enough of Esson, the Shrewsbury manager decided that they way round the problem was to sign as many keepers as possible that were unattached, One of them had to be better than the Gayboys favourite muppet!

Next up was Leyton orient away and with 7 regulars missing, Esson was dropped, new boy came in played well, lee Sawyer scores a screaming 30 yd free kick, however it was too good to last and Orient equalised after the break. Stern John and Michael Rickets look like a usefuil pertnership and the GayBoys gained a point!

At this point, the dreaded signs started to appear in the press about job safety! Next up, the big banana skin of Brentford away, again in the FA Cup. Second new keeper makes debut cos of injury to ist new keeper. Lost 1-0, but encouraging signs!

Next up the gayboys first home match for five games. langmead scores his first goal in weeks, Kissock injured again, Langmead injured again, but 3 points gained.

A second home game, Blackpool at home. A very easy victory against a good team, it's allgoing so well, Never mind, next up in Bristol Rovers away, and the GayBoys are up to 12th.

Did you read that Paul 12th

cardiffcityqm5.gif

A good session for the bluebirds started well when they beat Walsall 2-0 away from home with two superb strikes from Danny Guthrie.

Next up was a cup game (not sure which one - out of it anyway)against Brentford. We went 2-0 up early on with a Bothroyd and Purse penalty, they came back into it 2-2. Willo Flood made it 3-2 to Cardiff with 15 minutes too go but they nicked two late goals too go through. Not too downheartend - I hate the cup!!

Next up was a tough game against a team im not too sure of. I took the lead in the 8th minute through an own goal only to be pulled back in the 80th minute with a wonder goal.

I then lost a few and drew a few before finishing the session with a 2-0 victory courtesy of 2 goals from Adam Czerkas against Colchester.- This left us 22nd in the league.

Due to the fact that we are not even half way through the season there is still lots of great teams (Cardiff) who have not hit proper form yet, while laso many **** teams (Shrewsbury) who are playing above themselves.

Progression to the 3rd round of the Fa Cup was also assured with a 6-1 victory over Dorchester aswell as a 1-0 win over Accrington (I think)

1 signing in the session - Albert Luque.

wolvespj5.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopra_hill:

cardiffcityqm5.gif

May not make it on until after 10 tonight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unacceptable!

Hope everything ok mate.

wolvespj5.gif

Christmas cheer!

Its Christmas time and Wolves find themselves in 18th place, lurking precariously in a relegation spot.

Since coming back to Wolves it has been very difficult to get the team performing as a whole or even individually, people who i thought would be key players and give us the added steel and creativity to keep us up have simply under performed. New players like Pedretti, Andreasen and Ratinho along with key players from last year like Hoas, Hamlosi, Digard and Wang Dalei have all under achieved, add to this the injuries to Ben Sahar, Miguel and Szetela and this leaves us a massive task ahead.

However, Santa has phoned and said he will be late and won't arrive until 1st January, thankfully he told me what my presents were.

Eddie Johnson - ST - 3M - Arsenal

Vieirinha - AMR - 1.5M - Porto

Leandro Lima - AMC - 1.5M - Sao Caetano

I am obviously delighted to have secured the signature of these players, Eddie is a proven performer at any level and will give me a different dimension up front, Vieirinha was reccomended by my scouts and on the 3occasions i had him wacthed he was outstanding, he rejected a move to Wolves 3 times but eventually decided it was the right time for a move to the premiership, Leandro is a Ronaldinho in disguise, incredible pace, skill and creativity, after having his WP turned down i originally cancelled this transfer and then had a change of heart and decided i would buy him anyway and send him out on loan to gain citizenship, imagine my delight when this time he was acually granted a WP!

A change in formation to accentuate the strenghts of these players will hopefully see us battle our way out of the relegation places. Wish us luck!

wolvespj5.gif

A quick run down of the results so far this season.

August

We opened the campaign with a 2-0 loss to Everton, nobody played well and changes were made for the home game against Bolton which we won 2-0. Next up was Fulham and a game we threw away, 3-1 loss.

September

We were soon to face Spurs and Man Utd and lost both games although we genuinely deserved at least a point from each, Man Utd beat us with a last minute goal. Morale is starting to get low. Blackburn came to Molineux and we took a point from them, should have been a win but a point set us back on the right track. A local derby against Villa saw us lose to another last minute goal 1-0.

October

Middlesbrough came to Molineux and we battled a 3-2 win, morale was rising but Sahar picked up an injury. A trip to Derby who played us off the park ended in a 3-0 loss. One of the biggest games of the season was next for us with our fierce rivals West Brom coming to Molineux, a great performance saw us win 2-0 and lift the spirits a bit. Next up was a trip to Liverpool in a game that tested my patience to the maximum, after twice leading in this game we finally lost 4-3 after dominating for a lot of the game. I could and probably should have just tried to shut up shop but it was a harsh lesson.

November

Man City played us off the park at there place and beat us 3-0, Charlton visited us and got played off the park by us but our lacklustre forward line couldn't hit the back of the net.

December

A busy December saw us first host Arsenal who were flattered by the scoreline, 3 very late goals while we tried to push for an equaliser in the last 10 mins finished us off. A good game at West Ham saw us come away with nothing, a little harsh as we deserved a draw, 2-1 loss. Wigan and Portsmouth both visited Molineux in succession and the points were shared, 2-2 Wigan 0-0 Portsmouth. Vital points but we possibly could have taken more from them.

Next up was bottom of the table Newcastle who first scored an offside goal, then saw a goal for us disallowed and then scored two very late goals while we pushed on looking for an equaliser again in the last 10 mins. Everton were well beaten at Molineux and a 1-0win for Wolves could have been much more. The final team to play us in December was Bolton, Anelka was in supreme form and they won 3-1.

January

A few new signings came in January including the new saviour Eddie Johnson! First up was Fulham who beat us 1-0, dissapointing but at least the new boys started to settle in. A difficult run of games saw us next face Spurs in a close fought game and resulted in a 2-2 draw with our keeper playing very well.

Next up was the dreaded Man Utd, the boys were fired up and we played them off the park! Akinfeev in goal for Man Utd was in tremendous form saving numerous shots to keep Man Utd in it, i was expecting the normal break away from Man Utd and a late goal bu the tables turned when Eddie Johnson broke away and slotted the ball past Akinfeev in the 88th minute to give Wolves a memorable win!

Currently sitting in 19th place, 2 points behind Newcastle and Fulham in 18th and 17th respectively but we have a game in hand and play 16th place Blackburn next. No doubt its going to be a massive task to keep us in the Premiership but if we can keep this momentum going we may have a chance!

leedsricnp1.gif

Leeds season so far has been a bit of a rollercoaster or foxtrot slow slow quick quick slow at 50-1 outsiders for the title Leeds started well and climbed to 5th or 6th they then went of the boil and sliped to 14th or 15th place before a turn of fortunes saw them rise to 5th place before another tunr of the downward slope this happened a couple of times and despite several great results for every great result there was a silly 2 points droped here a silly point there and we were 10 pts of the top of the table but with a great sesion last night Leeds hit top spot with around 2/3rd's of the games being played

harrogateyq9.gif

Harrogate have gone on a winning run and have gone into the top 4. Morecombe have run away with the league and will win the title but Harrogate look set for a play off place and a chance to get into the conference National.

Oh and Paul - Youre physio is doing a good job. Who needs Mourinho when Youve got your Physio!! icon_smile.gif

WELL DONE!!

Well with one succesful game one would have to think the other would be just as good quality and it certainly is that!

A great effort to run a second clan and some very dedicated players too, well done chaps! Your now also an established clan.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goldy:

WELL DONE!!

Well with one succesful game one would have to think the other would be just as good quality and it certainly is that!

A great effort to run a second clan and some very dedicated players too, well done chaps! Your now also an established clan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks icon14.gif

establishedclanwl9.jpg

Awww it makes me feel all warm an fuzzy inside!!

Thanks Goldy and mod team!

And let me take this opportunity to say well done to all involved in the clan, we have our ups ad downs like every clan but each and every one of you deserved this and a special thanks to Ric for organising and hosting the clan. Well done!!

wolvespj5.gif

January

Wolves vs Blackburn (Away) 2-1 Loss Johnson

After beating Man Utd in the previous game morale was understandably fairly high in the camp, we started well in this game defending deep to stop Blackburns counter attacks and took an early lead from new boy Eddie Johnson in the 5th minute, we completely dominated the first half and were unlucky not to be 4-0 up at half time, second half saw much of the same until Blackburn changed formation late one and punished us with 2 goals from dangerman Morten Gamst Pedersen. An extremely unlucky defeat for Wolves and one which we could deeply regret at the end of the season.

Wolves vs Aston Villa (Home) 2-2 Draw Bertrand, Johnson

Again in this game we started very brightly, taking the lead through a Ryan Bertrand freekick and dominating play. Second half Aston Villa came out a lot stronger and equalised through a very controversial 48th minute goal from Baros again we started to dominate and couldn't find the back of the net and were punished by a very late Luke Moore break away while we were searching for that winning goal, surely we weren't going to lose 2-1 again after being in front and totally dominating most of the game!!!! Johnson time!!!!!!!!! A late goal from Eddie Johnson in injury time secured us a share of the points and it was very much the least we deserved!

*New signing Domingos in goal had a great debut (8)*

February

Wolves vs Chelsea (Away) 2-0 Loss

Our first game of february was a visit to Chelsea and although we matched them in the first half they dominated play in the second and scored from a corner to take the lead, this game saw Chelsea change formations 3 times before they broke us down. A late goal for Chelsea tied up the win. I would like to say we deserved something from this game but Chelsea deserved all 3 points based on the 2nd half performance.

Wolves vs Middlesbrough (Away) 2-2 Draw Chihi, Sahar

This game was a rollercoaster of emotion as the guys in mIRC can attest to lol. Star man Eddie Johnson was injured in the 5th minute and my decision to include not include my other target man Hoas in the squad came into question. Instead i changed tactic and went to a 451 and hoped to hit Boro on the break, we created chances but ultimately went in to the dressing room at half time 1-0 down! I was fuming and some of what was said in the dressing room was also seen in mIRC. In the 49th minute we were 2-0 down and i had to make a decision. Vilikazi came off and was replaced by a striker Ben Sahar, we went to our extremely aggressive 4-4-2 formation that had worked so well in the past again Boro and we again started to dominate, wave after wave of attacks and the Boro keeper James Gilpin was in outstanding form, but Wolves were not to be denied, first tohit the net was Adil Chihi with his first ever goal for Wolves after Sahar had done all the work and squared it for an easy tap in, next up was Sahar who scored in the 83rd minute to round off an impressive display and notch his first goal in 10 hours. Boro keeper picked up MotM with a rating of 9 even after conceding 2 goals, this goes to show our total dominance during this game.

Wolves vs Derby (Home) 1-0 Win Johnson

A tough game against mid table Derby, a team who hammered us at there place earlier in the season. We faced them without new start Eddie Johnson who was injured. Leandro Lima took his place on the bench after recovering from long term injury.

First half saw us play quite defensive football and both sides had a few chances but it stayed 0-0, second half saw Ben Sahar come off the bench again and we went extremely attacking to look for the win that we could taste, Sahar got the goal and put us 1-0 up. A quick change of formation saw us go to our trusted defensive formation of 4-4-1-1 with Lima coming on to replace Chihi and hold the ball up well in the AMC role. A good win and what that we thoroughly deserved!

Wolves vs West Brom (Away) 1-1 Draw Miguel

A game i really fancied us to win, West brom are languishing at the foot of the table and play a formation i usually dominate against 3-5-2.

Eddie Johnson was back in the starting line up and caused them a lot of problems but unfortunately not as much as Greg Halford did us. A quick change around of defenders saw my 2 CBs swap the man they were marking and Vizcarrondo seemed to keep Halford a lot quieter and we started to impose ourselves on the game more. The second half saw us again go very attacking while looking for that winning goal and we hit the back of the net through Miguel. A very poor managerial decision saw Wolves uncommonly stay attacking instead of shutting up shop and we paid for this when Halford equalised for West Brom.

All in all a good session, and we took some valuable points. Pulled ourselves out of the relegation spots and have it all to play for. 9 games left to play and they include Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. I have set a target of 12 points from the remaining games, this will put us on 38 points from the season and i believe this will be enough to save us.

shrewsburypm1.gif

Having been away from home base going through trg and induction for new job, it may well have been better for the Shrews to have had the Asst in charge. Since I don't have the detail I normally have (too tired to take notes) I shall summarise the weeks sessions succinctly.

Monday - Only two games for the Shrews and an incredible 4 points out of 6 left the tantalising prospect of a run to the playoff places a distinct reality. hang on to 12th place, but only 8 points off 4th!

Wednesday - A dreadful session all round, can't remember the number of games played but only 4 points gained from loads available. Some of the performances were dreadful, all starting with lacklustre showing against Pauls Cardiff. As a result at the end of the session, the Shrews were still above the relegation slots, however hope remains ever eternal, and since the board remain pleased, I remain in a job. Have not been sacked yet! Unlike some, Paul Carey2!!!!

cardiffcityqm5.gif

Bluebirds hit from at just the right time!

Since the turn of the year Cardiff have been awseome. Lieing 21st in the league as we entered January the future looked bleak but with the help of new signing Wareen Feeney and a change of tactis we have turned it around!

First up was West ham away in the Fa cup. No point turning up I thought, shall i send my reserve team or play full strength team. I decided on the latter and went for it, and were rewarded when we went 2-0 up within 20 minutes due to goals from Czerkas and BothRoyd. West ham predictably pulled it back and went in 3-2 up. We threw caution to the wind in the second half and were rewarded with a second goal from Czerkas in the 78th minute which gave us a great morale boosting 3-3 draw away at a team 6th in the premiership!

Next up was a game against Scunthorpe, who were riding high in 3rd place. We went 1-0 down after 35 minutes but quick goals from Czerkas and Bothroyd made it 2-1 before half time. We hung out without any problems to move out of the relegation places.

Next up was the replay, Cardiff vs West Ham. This was a bonus of a game for me as I was already delighted at the draw. The 1st half was a dull affair with only 3 shots between the teams but they went in 1-0 up. We came out much stronger in the 2nd half and had a goal disallowed (unfairly) immediately. The game fizzled out to a 1-0 defeat but can't fault the players performance.

I know we had a few more decent results in Monday's session but cant recall them. I do however know we went the session unbeaten in the league.

Wednesday's session kicked off in the best possible way.

We welcomed Fergus Martin and his gayboys to Ninian Park for afternoon of sexy football and as it turned out, welsh delight!

We hit the bar in the 1st minute and that set the standards for the rest of the game as we dominated from start to finish. Joe Ledley gave us the lead 3 minutes in before a rather even half fizzled out so we went in 1-0 up. (Note: My goalie still hadn't touched the ball at this point icon_wink.gif) We came out the 2nd half determined to put the tie to bed and did so in the 80th minute when an Adam Czerkas header found it's way too Bothrod who done the business. A win 2-0 which was great for us in our chase of Fergus' gayboys!

Habing had to leave early, I left my physio precise instructions on what tactics and players too use. He won one 1-0 with a Bothrod goal v Blackpool.

He drew one 2-2, against whom I can't remember, and lost 2-0 against Notts Forest which was rather dissapointing. However looking at the table was a great delight to see Shrewsbury below me, where they deserve to be!! icon_wink.gif

BREAKING NEWS!

Following the 'stolen pies' enquiry at the Reebok Stadium the trotters board decided it was time to fire fat Sam.

Rumour was rife as to his replacement but rookie manager Andrew Price was appointed.

boltonqi9.gif

My first task at Bolton was to keep them in the premiership, hovering over the relegation zone with team morale low a result was needed. Bolton quickly turned in 2 results, a 2-0 win at home followed by a 5-3 win away.

Come the transfer window Price will be looking to bring in some fresh faces to sit in with the experienced players. Then hopefully Bolton can challenge for a UEFA cup place. Price has commented however he dreams of wining the FA cup so this could provide an alternative route to Europe. News will follow in the new season...

leedsricnp1.gif

Leeds March on

37 games in to the season and Leedsare sitting on top but with the league being so tight any kind of slip up could see them slip out of the playoff spots 7th place Luton sit just 8 pts behind Leeds have the impresive Jeremie Aliadiere to thank having scored 21 goals in 23 starts and 7 apperances as sub including the winner at home to Norwich a fellow contender for the Championship super sub Istvan Saliga has also been impressive and the young Hungarian has a promising future at Elland Road

the Defence has been impresive also but miss the injured Donovan siijngard whos been out injured for the last couple of months a great buy by the previous manager

establishedbannernj0.gif

Clan Awards to return season 2009-2010 with some new arwards and some old one's

Staying

Best Manager

Best Newcomer

Top result vs Ai

Top result vs Human

Best Post on Thread

Best Patter in Mirc

Player of the season

Out

Best Signing

Worst turnaround in a teams fortunes

most sporting

bets turnaround in a teams fortune

The voting will also change and will now be done by a vote on Nominee's instead of a open vote

nominations are to be in following format

Best Manager -Can not nominate yourself

Best Newcomer - As Above

Top result vs Ai -nominate your own best result

Top result vs Human--nominate your own best result

Best Post on Thread-Can not nominate yourself

Best Patter in Mirc-Can not nominate yourself

Player of the season- nominate your own player

wolvespj5.gif

The next few posts by me will be a game by game report as the season draws to a close and we battle to save our premiership status!

Our remaining fixtures are extremely tough and start with a home game against the mighty Liverpool.

Wolves vs Liverpool (H)

A game in which i really worried about, we had outplayed Liverpool early in the season and led twice against them but eventually lost 4-3, this time i knew one thing, we were going to shut up shop and park a bus in front of goal if we had a chance!

We started brightly and shared attacks with Liverpool early on, a lot of our play was going down the wings and Adil Chihi looked very lively up front, hopefully his pace would cause some problems. Szetela got injured in the heart of midfield and was replaced with Digard. Liverpool took the lead in the 34th minute through defensive midfielder Bodmer which was harsh on us as we had started well, from kick off we attacked down the right and got a corner, a scramble in the goal mouth and Adil Chihi was on hand to drill the ball home, 1-1! More chances fell to Chihi who caused Liverpool a lot of problems but the score remained 1-1 until half time. Second half saw Wolves come out brghtly and again Chihi's direct running caused Liverpool big problems and Xabi Alonso hacked him down in the penalty area after a mazy run from the Wolves half, Johnson stepped up and 2-1 Wolves! We continued to play quite defensively and look to attack on the break using Chihi and Johnsons pace, again we had some great efforts and could have gone further ahead but Carson was in good form. In the 75th minute Kohler and Bertrand combined well down the left wing and Kohler played the ball in to Johnson who turned Jack Hobbs and got taken down, another penalty! Johnson stepped up and converted 3-1 Wolves!!!

Wolves 3 Chihi, Johnson 2

Liverpool 1

Man of the Match: Eddie Johsnon (Wolves)

A glorious result but unfortunately fellow relegation candidates Newcastle and Fulham also both won!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by richard thomson:

Guys forgot to say e-mail me them tonight if poss so they can be looked at and shortlisted to the final few that you will get to vote on </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sigh, whs and ignore my drivel.

Archived