Rics Championship game-A New Hope[Established Clan]

wolvesnewpd8.gif

(H) Wolves v Hull City 4-1 Win Tahirovic 2, Hoas, Szetela

M.O.M Hoas

A man of the match debut performance from Hoas gave Wolves supporters a lot to smile about. Tahirovic also had a great game and was on deadly form netting 2 goals. Szetela moved to right midfield and looked very lively capping his performance with a goal also.

(A) Wolves v Sunderland 3-2 Loss Hoas 2

M.O.M Elliot

A very poor collapse from Wolves after leading 2-0. Wolves manager Nick Bott had to take the blame after feeling confident and continuing to attack instead of shutting up shop and killing the game off. The only real positive was the performance and 2 goals from Hoas.

(H) Wolves v Leeds United 7-3 Win Hoas, Szetela 2, Tahirovic 2, Davies, Halmosi

M.O.M Hoas

Paul Brownley took his Leeds side to Molineux and most people expected an even game as is usually the way between these two managers. However after the roasting the players got after the Sunderland result the Wolves side must have been fired up as they effectively finished this game off after 25 mins. The first minute saw new Wolves hero Oyvind Hoas put Wolves 1-0 up, Szetela playing well in his new right midfield role put them 2-0 up after 10 mins followed 6 mins later by Tahirovic grabbing Wolves 3rd. Mark Davies scored a screamer from outside the area to put Wolves 4-0 up after 25 mins and this was how it stayed until half time. The second half saw Leeds come out fighting and they grabbed a goal back via on loan Vela but Wolves matched them and scored a 5th through the unhappy Peter Halmosi. Wolves traded goals with Leeds again and went on to score 2 more when Tahirovic and Szetela finished off good moves. Leeds were unlucky to come to Molineux and have a bad day when Wolves were simply breathtaking.

(A) Wolves v Nottm Forest 3-1 Win Hoas 3

M.O.M Hoas

Forest took an early lead through in form Nathan Tyson in the 5th minute but Forest were soon introduced to the new Wolves hero.. and a hattrick from Hoas gave Wolves a comfortable win. Ze Eduardo also got a 20 minute run out to help him get used to English football.

(H) Wolves v Reading 3-1 Loss Szetela

M.O.M Hahnemann

Trying to stay unbiased while i write this report but its difficult. Wolves played Reading off the park at Molineux but they found an inspired (SUPERKEEPER!!!) Marcus Hahnemann in goal. With TWELVE shots on target and only 1 goal for Wolves you had to question this result. But we lost the game and even though i tried my hardest to complain to the FA they looked at me very worryingly when i told them a computer cheated against me!!! icon_eek.gif

(A) Wolves v QPR 1-0 Loss

M.O.M Cardenas

A quality performance from Cardenas saw QPR beat Wolves in a very tight game, few chances were created and QPR deserved there win, i think Wolves were still a bit shell shocked after the Reading Game.

(H) Wolves v West Brom 0-0 Draw

M.O.M Murray

Wolves originally won this game 3-2 but unfortunately the game crashed and we had to play it again icon_mad.gif

And it turned out to be very dull and even with Wolves piling the pressure on we couldn't find the net.

(H) Wolves v Coventry City 2-2 Draw Miguel 2

M.O.M Miguel

Wang Dalei finally for his work permit through and had a poor game for Wolves in this game but Molineux witnessed the debut of a future legend with Wolves when they saw 16year old Miguel (Brazilian with Spanish heritage). Miguel proved deadly and put Wolves 2-0 up within 10 mins. Unfortunately Stefan Moore grabbed a share of the points for Coventry when he scored 2 goals in the final 10 mins to the anger of the Wolves boss and Fans.

(A) Wolves v Crewe 2-2 Draw Hoas, Vilikazi

M.O.M Hoas

Another game where Wolves led 2-0 early on and ended up throwing it away. 3 points earned out of the last 15points put Wolves further down the league table and started to put a gap between Wolves and the play off places.

(H) Wolves v Southampton 1-0 Win Hoas

M.O.M Murray

This was a must win game for Wolves and was going to be tough against a Southampton side who were also pushing for a play off spot. Thankfully Hoas did what he seems to love tdoing and hit the back of the net again.

(H) Wolves v Watford 3-2 Win Ze Eduardo, Tahirovic 2

M.O.M Hoas

Ze Eduardo again started ahead of Tahirovic who had been going through a dry spell and looked like he lacked confidence in front of goal. Ze Eduardo grabbed the first with a tap in early on and then was replaced by Tahirovic who grabbed 2 late goals to give Wolves the win. A big positive was seeing Tahirovic get on the scoresheet again.

(H) Wolves v Sheff Wed 3-1 Win Davies 2, Hoas

M.O.M Hoas

Mark Davies was recalled to the starting line up replacing Vilikazi who had looked jaded and Davies grabbed 2 goals from outside the area and secured Wolves 3rd win on the bounce. Hoas also got on the scoresheet when he finished off a Miguel cross.

(A) Wolves v Preston 1-0 Loss

M.O.M Nugent

Wolves travelled to Preston who were struggling in the relegation zone and rested Halmosi and Miguel who had both picked up knocks. The creative flair that Halmosi and Miguel offer Wolves was clearly missing and Preston managed to hit Wolves on the counter attack to steal a win.

(A) Wolves v Cardiff 3-0 Win Davies, Digard, Hoas

M.O.M Hoas

Paul Carey's Cardiff hosted a determined Wolves team who had Didier Digard back for the first time since before xmas and when Mark Davies put Wolves 1-0 up Carey went on the attack but this let Wolves take control of the game and when Digard scrambled the ball home from a Wolves corner the writing was on the wall and Mr Consistency scored Wolves 3rd and picked up his 6th Man of the Match award in 12 games.

(H) Wolves v Crystal Palace 2-1 Win Ze Eduardo, Hoas

M.O.M Hoas

Mark Griffiths visited Molineux with his Palace side and faced an in form Wolves side, the first 20 mins saw Palace dominate and look very lively but Wolves shifted the tempo and seemed a little more direct and managed to turn the game with Ze Eduardo first hitting the back of the net and then after Palace had equalised against the run of play Wolves managed to grab the winner when Hoas scored from a Wolves corner.

Wolves late run of form managed to put Wolves back in with a shout of promotion by putting them 4th in the championship with 4 games to go. Wolves are not likely to catch either of the top 2 and will settle for a play off place if they can hang on. There recent run of form is without any doubt largely due to how well Oyvind Hoas has settled into the side. 15 games, 12 goals, 6 assist and 9 M.O.M performances have seen him average an 8.27 rating.

Wolves final 4 games are as follows (A) Everton 1st Place, (H) Swansea 22nd place, (A) Southend 6th place, (H) Norwich 3rd place. A tough run in and 7th placed Plymouth could sneak in to the play offs should we slip up. Andys QPR lie in 5th place and would be a daunting prospect in the play offs.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wolvesnewpd8.gif

(A) Wolves v Everton 2-0 Loss

M.O.M - James Beattie

Mark Little got handed his debut for Wolves after working hard in the reserves all season due to Rob Edwards being injured. Everton started strongly and 2 goals from Beattie gave them a 2-0 win. Wolves produced a lot of nice attacking football but the luck was just not with them. 1 goal disallowed due to a foul and another for offside meant Wolves had to endure a harsh afternoon.

(H) Wolves v Swansea 3-1 Win Tahirovic 3

M.O.M - Emra Tahirovic

Karl Henry replaced Mark Little at right back and Seyi Olofinjana replaced Digard in the centre of midfield. The easry parts of the game saw Wolves dominate and it was no surprise when they took the lead through Emra Tahirovic, the ref however was very picky and had booked a few Wolves players for silly fouls and then shocked everyone by sending off Olofinjana in the 33rd minute for a 2 footed challenge! 10 men Wolves decided against taking a forward off and instead went with a midfield 3 instead of 4. This was rewarded when Tahirovic grabbed his 2nd 3 mins later and his hatrick on 38 mins. The second half was a tight affair with Swansea pushing forward and taking advantage of the extra man at every opportunity. However Wolves hung on and switched to a 441 formation for the last 30 mins to make sure.

(A) Wolves v Southend 1-0 Loss

M.O.M - Peter Clarke

Szetela moved to centre midfield to cover the suspended Olofinjana and Miguel came in at right midfield.

Wolves travelled away to Southend knowing that a win would be enough to secure a play off spot. Wolves started brightly and kept on pushing, chance after chance was wasted by numerous Wolves players including Tahirovic, Hoas and Miguel. Eventually the inevitable happened and Southend scored completely against the run fo play and held on for the win.

(H) Wolves v Norwich 3-2 Loss Tahirovic, Le Tallec

M.O.M - Lee Croft

A big gamble saw Wolves switch to a 4-3-3 formation for the visit of 3rd placed Norwich. With Plymouth, Southend and Sunderland all within 2 points of Wolves this was simply a must win game. A win would put Wolves into the play offs and a loss pretty much meant gauranteed championship football.

Murray, Miguel and Hoas all dropped to the bench and Dalei, Vilikazi and Le Tallec all took there places in the first eleven. Wolves took the lead early on through Tahirovic while piling on the pressure but Norwich pulled one back via Mcleod. Wolves then went ahead again when Le Tallec bundled the ball home but somehow Norwich managed to go on and score two late goals to put Wolves out of the play offs. In fairness its safe to say the Wolves team bottled it this year.

cardiffcityph5.gif

The new season is upon us!

I though i would do this now as everyone has a game apart from me as i'm out the cup at the first hurdle. dreams of winning the cup at wembley (if it ever gets built!) over before they began.

anyway...my predictions!

first of all the leader of the clan.

Ric - Argyle

No one can doubt this guys loyalties, turning down the boro job, actually did they turn you down? icon_wink.gif well having had what can only be described as an unbelievable amount of money to spend, the pressure is on ric to succeed. however having had a shaky start to the season he looks like he has steadied the ship and is ready to push on. good luck ric!

current positon - 14th

predicted position - 4th

Nick - Wolves

A great start to the season for the man! After falling away at the end of last season he will hope it doesn't happen again. some shrewd signings in the window and they look like they've gelled immediaetly. if nick can keep up this form, and with an extra 1 million to spend the premiership is in sight! Good luck nick!

Current Position - 1st

Predicted Position - 2nd

P.s Nick should give thanks to loovens who has scored the best goal this season for wolves.

Polo - Leeds

Well...we only have to look at this game to confirm to doubters how realistic fm can be. in real life Leeds are hovering down the bottom and it's exactly the same here icon_razz.gif however this isn't down to polo's managerial skills, more down to his bad connection to football manager network which saw his assistant manager take over and lose a lot of games for him. now polo's back (confirmed with a 3-0 battering of palace) and he's ready to launch up the table. Good luck polo!

current postion - 21st

predicted positon - 8th

p.s I want leeds to stay up irl, honest! icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

Mark - Palace

A good start to the season! Joint top for a while, slipped down to 5th now but very much in the race to the premiership. An active transfer window where he made a profit of 800k while keeping an awseome squad. Low point would have to be the 3-0 drubbing to Leeds but as a certain fighting start says icon_cool.gif"It's not how many times you get kncoked over, it's how many times you get back up" icon_cool.gif will be interesting to see how mark reacts to the loss. His squad is capable of reaching the premiership and should be intresting to see if he can get them there. no doubt in my mind icon14.gif Good luck Mark!

current postion - 5th

Predicted position - 3rd

Andy - QPR

At first glance, i think mid table medicority is what andy is aiming for. However, there are a few genuine quality players in his squad that could push him up towards the play off's. Players like miki roque, kanu (when he can be bothered) and danny coyne are all quality. Also shows the strength in depth of the aquad that blackstock doesnt get in his squad but gets in my first team! Relegation doesn't look too likely for QPR if the results keep ticking over. Good luck Andy!

Current Postion - 15th

Predicted postion - 10th

p.s andy or should that be p.s.v icon_wink.gif Champions league your having a laugh ! (8) icon_biggrin.gif

Ad - Coventry

A good solid team, with some shrewd signings made in the summer, i.e hilario and fowler on loan. Currently sitting 7th in the table, if Adam can get some consistency going he will no doubt be a force to be reckoned with in the latter stages of the season. Good luck Ad!

current position - 7th

predicted position - 7th

Me - Cardiff

After a hugh budget of £0 given to me, had to rely on some freebies i.e guthrie and tonge. team started ok but gone down hill.

current postion - 18th

predicted postion 21st

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! icon14.gif

wolveswq1.gif

Predictions

This year should be an interesting year, Fulham, Birmingham and Sheff Utd were relegated from the Premiership and West Brom have strengthened there side with Premiership stars such as Emile Heskey and Jason Roberts.

Ric - Plymouth

Ric has the foundations of an all conquering side, he seemed to have got a massive cash flow via the takeover bid of his club and this has been reinforced via the sale of a few of his star players for massive amounts. With around 15Million in his transfer kitty this season i believe Ric is more than capable of building a side who can win promotion via an automatic promotion place, however i think Ric will need to recover psycologically from the sale of Steven Fletcher to Boro, I heard that he still gets to speak to him each day on the phone which has eased the heartbreak icon_biggrin.gif .

Predicted finish - 6th

Polo - Leeds

Polo has not had his share of luck in any fo the 3 seasons he has been in charge of Leeds, he has worked wonders in the transfer market and attracted some players capable of setting the championship alight including Kevin Larsen, Vychaslev Hleb, Billy Jones, Kenneth Stenild and Dave Nugent. Polo has also purchased every eastern european striker available under 1M icon_wink.gif

If Polo can instill some belief into his side and find a tactic that is consistent and doesn't involve playing 6 strikers then we could see him push for a play off spot but i personally believe this year will be a transition period where Leeds start to turn the corner.

Predicted finish - 12th

Andy - QPR

After a fantastic season last year Andy is finding it tough to compete this year. His relationship with Kanu has broken down and the striker takes the p$ss by scoring for fun only when the Asst Mgr is in charge. Andy was robbed of a potential premiership place last season when both his goalkeepers got injured during the 1st leg of his play off game against Rics Plymouth which resulted in a 6-0 loss. Andy has a few new players due to come to QPR towards christmas time including the young striker dubbed "The new Henry", although i heard they meant Karl Henry from Wolves who plays in midfield and gets a nose bleed if he enters the oppositions half icon_biggrin.gif .

If Andy can steady the ship then a top half finish is on the cards and possibly a play off place if his signings pull him out of the water.

Predicted finish - 8th

Mark - Crystal Palace

The first team to score against Wolves this season and the only team to have notched up a victory against us so far. Mark has done some fantastic deals in the transfer market and looks to have a real gem of a player on his hands in the shape of Romario. I genuinely believe that with players like Romario, Morrison, Alexandre Song and Christian Benavente in his side they have to be taken seriously. A top 6 finish i think would be a good achievement for Mark and one which i think they will achieve.

Predicted finish - 5th

Paul - Cardiff

Paul has has a tough task in front of him this year, some good deals in the summer amidst tight financial restraints saw a couple of experienced players join and strengthen his side. His beloved Cardiff had been raped of all there good players the 2 seasons previosu to Paul joining them. Alexander and Ferretti were taken by Ric to Plymouth and Parry also left the club to name a few. Paul still has Chopra and the dependable Johnson at the back but lacks depth and could possibly try Loovens up front, i feel his finishing could grab a few goals this season icon_wink.gif

Paul will need to keep working hard and i am sure he will upset some of the bigger teams in the division but will his hard work focus the lads against the smaller teams that he needs to beat.

Predicted finish - 17th

Adam - Coventry

Adam has worked away quietly at Coventry and is believed to use the Ian Dowies Poetry school of motivation. Managed to snap up some quality players during the summer including Hilario from Chelsea and a few loan signings. Adam seems to have finally settled at a club and found a group of players that like poetry as much as he does after short spells at clubs like Cardiff and Preston that didn't go too well. I think Adam could be the surprise package this year and sneak intot he play offs, but a lot will depend on how many games his Asst Mgr has to take charge of.

Predicted finish - 9th

Me - Wolves

I had said before the season started that i felt my young squad had grown during last seasons campaign and the dissapointment of slipping out of the play offs had helped us bond as a team. This year i felt could be our year. Wolves have started the campaign well losing only to Crystal Palace in a tight game but also managing to be the only team to beat West Brom this season. A lot of top teams still to play and dependant on injuries we could be pushing this year or we could fall flat on our faces but i will put my neck on the line and be bold in my prediction.

Predicted finish - 3rd

leedswu6.gif

Heres the Predictions for the Season

Ric - Plymouth

A poor start the Ric. With lots of money spent the club are expecting at the least a play off spot. Although I think Plymouth will come good I expect only a 10th Place finish and if results dont come quick then Ric may be looking at the sack

Predicted Finish - 10th

Nick - Wolves

After last season when Wolves choked at the final hurdle they curently lead the table, however questions are being asked whether they will be able to handle the pressure.

Predicted Finish - 3rd and miss out in play offs

Mark - Palace

Palace have made a very good start, however Leeds played them off the park in a 3-0 defeat for the Palace. On that performace I cannott see how they will be able to press for auto promotion and I predict them to scrape into the play offs.

Predicted Finish - 6th Play off Glory?

Andy - QPR

I am very surprised to see QPR in the lower half of the league. If Andy can keep his cool they will surely rise up the table. However can they make the play offs?

Predicted Finish - 7th

Paul - Cardiff

I believe the boys from Wales will struggle. Already near the foot of the table and with an inept chairman Cardiff are heading for League one.

Predicted Finish - 22nd

PS - I really hope Cardiff DONT go up irl - honest!

AD - Coventry

A good start from Coventry. I think they will go higher but then drop towards a mid table finish at the end of the season.

Predicted Finish - 10th

Me - Leeds

After a disaster of a start which saw us hit bottom position, aphone call from Wolves Manager Nick , resulted in me changing to a more defensive style. It worked & Leeds are Marching on Together up the league

Predicted Finish - 1st

PS - I still Leeds will stay up irl so im forever optimistic!!!!

Anyway Good Luck to everyone and lets hope 3 can get promoted and join DMs Ipswich in the Premiership.

icon_wink.gif

plymoutheg9.gif

before i tell your my predictions i will bring you up to date on events at home park

Plymouth through the goals of now departed Stephen Fletcher also known to the Argyle fans as God made the playoffs after turning over palace 5-2 we Were drawn with QPR in the play off Semi Final a fine display giving Argyle a 6-0 lead going into the 2nd leg would let Plymouth rest a few players for the final which almost back fired as qpr won 6-2 in the return the only downside was Fletcher getting the red card in the first leg which i had hoped would only keep him out of return game but also ruled him out of the final vs Norwich

The Final was disapointing with Norwich looking unable to score a lucky deflection of bardsley saw the only goal of the game unfortunatly Fletcher will never turn out for Argyle this season after the board excepted a 10m bid for him which i was disapointed in as he had average close to a goal a game and 2m of this was due to Hibs for a sell on fee

plymoutheg9.gif

my predictions

DM-Ipswich

Although on a break while changing isp i beleive Ipswich will retain there Premiership slot

current postion 20th

my prediction 16th

Nick Bott-Wolves

Nick always challanges but his team always just falter at the last moment 17 year old Miguel looks a prospect but can he carry Wolves on such young sholders

current postion 1st

my prediction 5th

Mark-Crystal Palace

Always there or there abouts Palace always seem to punch way over there weight and will do the same again this year

current postion 5th

my prediction 6th

Andy-QPR

Not got off to the best of Starts maybe a slight hangover for the team after last years playoff defeat

current postion 16th

my prediction 8th

Matthew-Stoke

mid table is Best i can see for Stoke nothing to write home about but will be safe from the drop zone

current postion 13th

my prediction 16th

Ad Kelly - Coventry

Could be this seasons dark horses climbed the table after Adam took charge near end of Season last year could sneek into playoffs but i think will just miss out

current postion 10th

my prediction 7th

Ben- Leicester city

will take some scalps but can only see leicester finishing towards the top of middle of the table

current postion 9th

my prediction 13th

Paul Carey - Cardiff

has his work cut out to save Cardiff From the drop saved Cardiff when they looked down last year and will do so Again

current postion 23rd

my prediction 17th

Polo-Leeds

have been building up through the last couple of season's and will be up there at end of season will be looking for a playoff spot but will need to go on a run after poor start could all end up on tears but wont hang around bottom to long and will finish top 8

current postion 20th

my prediction 8th

Me-Plymouth

despite a hugh transfer kitty after the sale of Fletcher this sale could cost the club in long run although a few good players have been signed to replace him Alidiere and stokes along with Hartley comming in on a Bosman i dont think it will be a automatic promotion spot unless one of the replacement strikers finds form like fletcher although results dont lie and Plymouth are missing Fletcher a lot more than he is missing Argyle

current postion 15th

my prediction 3rdth

crystalpalaceca0.gif

My predictions

Wolves - Nick

Nick has built a very good team at wolves and having missed out last year will provide the determination for his team to make at very least the playoffs

Currently 1st

Predicted 2nd

Palace - Me

After a promising start we were humbled by a terrific performance from leeds,going down 3-0.

But if we can get some consistancy a playoff spot is possible

Current - 5th

Predicted - 6th

QPR - Andy

Andy got QPR playing some good stuff last season but has started poorly this time around but i expect them to rise up the table and see them just missing out on the playoffs

Current 16th

Predicted 8th

Stoke - Matthew

Ive seen little of stoke to suggest they are playoff material and with limited resources it will be a struggle for matt,if he can get them top half of the table it will be a great acheivement,and its one i think matt can do.

Current 13th

Predicted 10th

Coventry - Adam

Without doubt this seasons dark horse's,adam has brought in some very good a players,and i firmly believe that they could well squeeze into the playoffs

Current 10th

Predicted 5th

Leicester - Ben

Leicester are an unpredictable side and have the ability to beat anyone on their day but i see a lack of consistancy be their achiles heel.

Current 9th

Predicted 11th

Cardiff - Paul

Paul has a tough job on his hands with very limited resources,but came in last season and kept them up,i believe he will build on that.

Current 23rd

Predicted 15th

Leeds - Polo

Leeds struggled last season and again have got off to a poor start this time,but seeing leeds at first hand and the way they battered my palace side shows they are very capable

Current 20th

Predicted 13th

Plymouth - Ric

Plymouth were one of the best sides last season but have lost there star striker,and are really missing him hence their poor start,if ric can bring in some more quality with the money at his disposal then top 2 maybe possible.

Current 15th

Predicted 7th

PS- LEEDS ARE GOING DOown

wolveswq1.gif

Pre Season Round-Up

Wolves had a quiet pre season, the board gave us 2.6M to spend on transfers and i believe this has been used wisely.

There has been trouble in the camp however with influential winger Peter Halmosi stating he wants to leave the club as he feels he needs to go to a bigger club. Danny Szetela took the hump at this comment and had a training ground bust up with him so both are unhappy currently.

On a more positive note some of the Wolves youngsters and future stars are coming along nicely:

Mikael Hackzel has had loan spells at Northampton and Blackpool and has agreed to go to Peterborough this coming season to continue his improvement. I feel he could push for a first team spot next season if he continues to improve.

Ben Amos is constantly improving and will be sent out on loan this season to get some games under his belt, he is still behind big Matt and Wang for a first team spot.

Sidnei has recovered from his 6 month injury lay off and is looking to work hard in training to improve his stats again before being sent out on loan to get some games under his belt.

Miguel will turn 17 this year and he already looks like he has the ability to become a world class player. We will look to expose him to as much first team football as possible this year without wearing him out too much.

Wang Dalei will push hard to take the number 1 jersey this year and i believe he will nudge Matt out of the first team.

Carlos Elias, Pablo Caceres and Fabian Nunez continue there long term loans at Belgium side Verviers while we work on the Work Permit issues.

Players Out

John Sutton 500K - Southampton

John was a good squad player but never seemed to do enough to force his way into the first team on a regular basis and with Southampton offering 500K for him it was hard to refuse due to him being the 5th choice striker behind, Hoas, Tahirovic, Ze Eduardo and Bothroyd.

Daniel Jones 250K - Brighton

I was sad to see Daniel leave as i believe he has bags of ability that just needs nurturing, But i believe his future lies away from Wolves for now.

Denes Rosa and Michael Oakes were given free transfers after not figuring in the teams plans for the last few seasons.

Players In

A quiet time in the transfer market for Wolves saw them concentrate on bringing in youth to take the club forward in the future.

Ryan Bertrand 600K DL 19 years old - Chelsea

England U19 starlet Bertrand will be trained to also cover the left midfield position, a deadball specialist i think Ryan will get a lot of first team football this season and will start to make a name for himself.

Josef Kaufman 220K DR 24 years old - Teplice

Josef earned 15 U21 caps for the Czech U21 team and will be looking at pushing his way into the senior team if he can produce the form for Wolves we all believe he can.

Gustavo 375K MC 16 Years old - Fluminese

Gustavo has bundles of techinical ability as you would expect from a boy raised in Brazil, thankfully he also has Portuguese as his main nationality so the U18 laws did not count. We snapped him up for a bargain price and believe in 2 years he will be a first team player playing in the premiership.

Late in August we managed a couple more signings as we strengthened the squad with more youngsters.

Gabriel Torje 575K AMR,ST 18 Years old - FCU Poli

Gabriel is a player with a lot of class who will take time to adapt to the English style of play, Gabriel is a Romanian U21 star who will see his fair share of games this season in a Wolves shirt.

David Limbersky 325K MLC 24 Years Old - Levski Sofia

David is a workhorse type player who will add cover in the centre of the park or on the left wing.

Furtado 550K ST 25 Years old - CSKA Sofia

Furtado is someone i was very excited to get, a strong tall centre forward who knows where the net is. Portuguese international and capable of causing a few problems in the championship this year. WIll mainly be cover for the immense Hoas.

plymoutheg9.gif

Plymouth sack manager after a rocky spell Thomson who should have been at boro by this time but due to a bug ended up still at Home Park with a unhappy board that were just waitning to get the chance to Sack Thomson after a shocking refereeing performance choping off a on-side goal for plymouth Thomson complained to the fa leading to the touchline ban that got Thomson the sack

Cardiff - update

There is renewed hope among Caridff fans after it was revealed that the cardiff chairman Sam Hammam also known as a tight fisted basta!d was looking too move on. If cardiff could acquire a new chairman who is not so itght with his money god knows where they could end up! Rumours that Sam hammam is looking to move back to wimbledon remain unconfirmed... icon_wink.gif

Summer Signings - Michael Tonge and Danny Guthrie have settled well into the team. Guthrie getting a few important goals to his name from midfield including one on his home debut. Michael Tonge is yet to score but remains at the heartbeat of the team with his presence alone.

The loan signing from QPR, Dexter Blackstock looked like a prmosing one when he scored on his debut but he is yet to folow that up in 13 appearences although many have been from the bench as Steven Thompson regained his place after battling back from injury.

Ben Thatcher has hardly put a foot wrong since signing. However bad news for cardiff in the shape of Kevin Mcnaughton, by far the best defender who has snapped his cruciate ligament and will be out for 8-9 months.

Currently

At the moment Caridff lie a dangerous 21st in the English Championship. 5 points out of a possible 30 in the last 10 matches is not good enough and must be addressed. The highlight of this was the win at home to 7th placed sheffield united where losing at 1-0 with 20 minutes too go the manager went for broke and was repayed with michael chopra and and an 84th minute Mcpahil free kick was enough to get cardiff's only win in 10 games.

Testing times ahead...

soz forgot to use banner!

cardiffcityph5.gif

Cardiff - update

There is renewed hope among Caridff fans after it was revealed that the cardiff chairman Sam Hammam also known as a tight fisted basta!d was looking too move on. If cardiff could acquire a new chairman who is not so tight with his money god knows where they could end up! Rumours that Sam hammam is looking to move back to wimbledon remain unconfirmed...

Summer Signings - Michael Tonge and Danny Guthrie have settled well into the team. Guthrie getting a few important goals to his name from midfield including one on his home debut. Michael Tonge is yet to score but remains at the heartbeat of the team with his presence alone.

The loan signing from QPR, Dexter Blackstock looked like a promising one when he scored on his debut but he is yet to folow that up in 13 appearences although many have been from the bench as Steven Thompson regained his place after battling back from injury.

Ben Thatcher has hardly put a foot wrong since signing. However bad news for cardiff in the shape of Kevin Mcnaughton, by far the best defender who has snapped his cruciate ligament and will be out for 8-9 months.

Currently

At the moment Caridff lie a dangerous 21st in the English Championship. 5 points out of a possible 30 in the last 10 matches is not good enough and must be addressed. The highlight of this was the win at home to 7th placed sheffield united where losing at 1-0 with 20 minutes too go the manager went for broke and was repayed with michael chopra and and an 84th minute Mcpahil free kick was enough to get cardiff's only win in 10 games.

Testing times ahead...

qprdg0.gif

My predictions

<b>Wolves - Nick</b>

Nick for me was unlucky to not make the playoffs last season missing out in the final days. What we can now see is a confident dangerous team although injuries are starting to take affect. I fully expect Nick to be there or there about at the end of the season.

Predicted 2nd

<b>Palace - Mark</b>

A strong team who with a few quality signings should definitely be in the playoffs. Alot will depend on Mark turning up, when he does the team usually wins, with the AM in charge usually they loose.

Predicted - 6th

<b>QPR - Me</b>

I have a strong squad who when they play to their strengths are capable of beating anyone. However they are fat injury prone gits, recently all my strikers (5 OF THEM) got injured and we went on to win with a custom 4-1-5 formation. With new GK, wing backs and a fit Le Pape to play I think I can push for playoffs but will just miss out, too inconsistent.

Predicted 9th

<b>Stoke - Matthew</b>

First game of the season was against Stoke and they beat me fair and square, however they went on to loose the next 5 matches. I can't see anything other than midtable obscurity.

Predicted 14th

<b>Coventry - Adam</b>

Adam's team seems to be able to go either way, I think his season will depend more on the form of the teams he plays and when he plays them than his team.... if that makes sense.

Predicted 7th

<b>Leicester - Ben</b>

Leicester despite being a big side i fear will not do alot this year, another mid table side unless Jan signings turn the tide.

Predicted 13th

<b>Cardiff - Paul</b>

No money means that last seasons relegation dodging looks set to continue. While others are splashing out Paul will have to restrict himself to loanees and free transfers. I still thing with Paul at the helm though Cardiff will finish out of the relegation zone.

Predicted 19th

<b>Leeds - Polo</b>

Last year Leeds were considered promotion material. Once again I have to say I think they have a good chance. Nugent being fit will play a big role as will Hleb.

Predicted 5th

Unemployed - Ric

Predicted Retirement :p

wolveswq1.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopra_hill:

cardiffcityph5.gif

hi guys, don't think i'll be on until gone 10 tonight. soz </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unacceptable!! Anyone would think you had broken something!! And if you have then that means no 5s.. so get yourself in game!! icon_wink.gif

cardiffcityph5.gif

Due to watching the yids against chelsea on tele i didn't make it on until 10. Would have been on at 9.45 but the mixture of chelsea's timewasting talents and watching mark get carried away by the local bobbies delayed me until just gone 10.

Session update

Overall, despite only playing 2 games it was a very busy session for me. I literally bid for at least 50 players, all be it either on loan or freebies. I also had to renew the contracts of over 15 players. However, many players wouldn't accept the pay cut from £3,500 a week to £400 (don't know why! icon_rolleyes.gif) so because of the pathetic wage limits being put on me half of my team are leaving on free's! Some of the players who did sign as i put their status to "key player" which allowed me to offer a little more money were Kevin Mcnaughton, Steven Thompson and Steve Mcphail.

Due to Chopra not signing, i took the decision to sell him and at least get some money! Despie offering him around for 1.5 mil, 500,000 under his valuation, not one human manager was interested. Then Blackburn made an offer of 850,000 which i was reluctant to accept. I stalled the offer for a week to see if I could get him to sign a new contract but it wasn't to be. However I managed to delay the transfer until the end of season so at least we have him for the run in!

Checking out the freebies list i spotted a few talents in there, there was also a few players that had a 5 star scout report attatched to them. Checking them out i realised they were both 18 so i snapped them up for the future. Also put in a bid for two right midfielders, a centre back, a left back and a striker by the name of Jay Bothroyd, but am yet to hear back from any of these. I was mainly buying these for next season for when most of my squad move on.

I then moved into the loan market, a bid for a £1.2 million rated striker from Chelski was accepted. His name if i recall right was Marcelo Lucha, he's not bad! Also put plenty of other bids in that I haven't heard back from. Let's hope they are accepted on Wednesday.

As you can see, yesterdays session was mostly about signing/selling players, however I did play two games.

Sunderland v Cardiff - 5-2 Loss

Going into this match 6 points adrift at the bottom, I only hoped the other teams wouldn't win as I don't think I could recover from a 9 point deficit. I saw it as an impossible task to get a result here and it turned out that way. Even though we were 2-0 up after 30 minutes with goals from Ethuh and Glombard, I knew it wouldn't last. Two quick goals before half time from Stephen Elliot ****ed me off so much even though I knew they were coming! They then scored again right after half time and another quickly after. The game was over after 50 minutes but I was pleased to see me rivals losing. Sunderland added another in injury time to make it 5-2 but it didn't really matter.

Cardiff 3-2 QPR - (Paul 1-0 Andy) icon_wink.gif

What can only be described as sexy football in the opening half hour again saw them go 2-0 up. Michael Tonge got the first while an unlikely source scored the second. Glenn Loovens who was on -1 goals for the season scored an absolute screamer from 25 yards. I must say I had full faith in him even though i shouted 'NO!' when he shot. Too add insult to injury for Andy, he has a rating of 2 for long shots. What a time to find the top corner icon_cool.gif QPR as i expected came back into it before half time and were unlucky not to score. After half time, Cardiff went foul crazy, conceding three free kicks outside the box in the space of 5 minutes. Cardenas went close twice and found the net third time lucky. QPr continued to attack and I was convinced they would at least draw. However a fluid counter attack saw Tonge grab his second of the game and put us 3-1 up. Back came QPR and they scored again with 5 minutes too go. However we hung on for the 3 points!

Good game Andy

Just as we were gathering momentum, i realised we have a pointless fa cup game next week so St. James can expect a visit from Cardiff reserves next week. We have given ourselves some hope with the win against qpr but with Coventry and Nick's high flying Wolves next it could be a tricky few weeks. You never know...we might even stay up!

See you all tomorrow lads, i'm off to watch some more tele and drink some more lucozade, it's a hard life breaking your collarbone and not being allowed to college by the doctors in case you hurt it even more! icon_wink.gif

wolveswq1.gif

Great report Paul.

I hope Jay signs for ya, he is a talented forward but was never going to push any of my top 4 strikers out and get a game, although i genuinely think he could do wonders for Cardiff.

Oh and for the record - we are gonna stuff you in two games time, just felt the need to let you know!! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bottster:

Oh and for the record - we are gonna stuff you in two games time, just felt the need to let you know!! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blind faith Nick! We all know i'm going to repeat the heroics of cardiff city in real life and win at molineux like we did this year icon_wink.gif

Archived