Argentinian Premier Division

Deda

Probably not as attractive (for the majority of players) as most top european leagues, or even Brazilian league, but for me it has been a fine experience so far.

I'm at the end of my first season with River Plate, and would like to share my experiences with other people that are playing with Argentinian teams.

This is not intended to be an official APD thread, being that I didn't start with all the useful info about this country and it's league, but more of a general discussion for this country.

And maybe a way to entertain other people (it seems to me that there isn't a single thread about APD on this forum) to try their luck in South America, who knows.:D

Anybody out there?

Well, the first big thing I noticed is that most of the shots go off target.

I mean like from 10 shots, only 3 or 4 are on target. Not only for me, but for the most of the AI teams.

Is that the part of the Argentinian player mentality, to just shoot at the goal whereever it is, or are we all doing something wrong? :D

I wanted to make things easy, because I just wanted to try it out. So I took control of River.

Scored 127 goals in 71 games, so it's 1.8 goals per game. But I have like 5-6 great goal opportunities per game that go off target, and the commentator says "only inches wide". Every single time.

Are the foreign player rules the same as Brazil in Argentina? only 3 foreigners allowed. I am stuck at the moment every game I try to start I just cant get into I have thought of going for a game in south america.

In real life Carlos Tevez has said he plans to sign one more 4-5 year contract and then return to Argentina its a pity that wouldnt happen in the game lol.

There is a foreign players rule in Argentina as far as i remember. dunno if it was 3 or 4 foreigners allowed. Played a nice savegame with Indepentiente on FM08 and it was definitely a refreshing experience. You play two championships (Apertura and Clausura) and can qualify for two continental competitions.

In Argentina you can have up to four foreign players in your 16 man match squad.

Just about to start the 2011/2012 season after winning promotion to the Premier Division with Nueva Chicago. If you're looking for some cheap strikers, try Fabian Bordagaray and Pierre Alexandre Pluchino Galuppo. Bought them for £14k and £8k respectively, both young and prolific scorers.

To be honest I always find that there are always tonnes of good level Argentine players in all positions, so the foreign player limits arent that bad. Maybe use those slots for the odd top class player or something. There is always a load of great regens from Argentina too so if you can find them early you can make a great team pretty quickly.

@Hopey

About Lanus and Estudiantes

Apertura 08/09:

apertura08-09.jpg

Clausura 08/09:

clausura08-09.jpg

Also, Estudiantes kicked me out of Copa Libertadores 2nd round, and they reached the quarter final where they lost to Gremio.

A lot of the youth systems tend to be pretty good. Although it's hard for them to develop especially at Boca and River so they either sell them or loan them. On 08 I did some amazing dealings picking them up cheap and selling hem back to Boca for millions :cool:

There is a foreign players rule in Argentina as far as i remember. dunno if it was 3 or 4 foreigners allowed. Played a nice savegame with Indepentiente on FM08 and it was definitely a refreshing experience. You play two championships (Apertura and Clausura) and can qualify for two continental competitions.

I've been playing as Independiente in the Primera for the last few versions of FM.

It all started few years back, I was fed up of playing the 'usual' leagues and was looking for somewhere different, but not too obscure. At the time Ustari and Aguero wer still playing for them and it was there centenary year so they seemed a good choice to try and break the dominance of Boca and River Plate. I had a great first season with them, winning either the Opening or closing title, can't remember which.

The fact there are two titles to be won every season and no cup matches makes for a nice, quick, fun game and the Libertadores is relatively easy to qualify for, 5 teams I think based on averages just like relegation, and great fun. Personally I would highly recommend the Argentian Premier to anyone, especially as a 'second/alternative' savegame.

PS Funnily enough, I don't have an Argentian savegame on the go at the moment for the first time in years. I'm like most ppl playing in England/Scotland as one savegame and my second at the moment is Russia, just for a change.

Nice to see people playing in South America, I plan to have a save in Argentina and Brazil after my Lyon save. I'm thinking of being either Lanus or Estudiantes for my Argentina save, Not sure with Brazil yet, so how are those teams fairing in your save Deda?
Joining you in that one mate. :)

Could be fun :D

Currently playing as Boca in the first save I've really got in to on FM09. I'm cruising the league, but having real difficulty in the Copa Sudemerica/Libatadores (sp?).

My defence is absolutely watertight, conceded about 5 in 30 games, but I'm not scoring freely either.

Also having big problems finding good players that are both within my budget, and interested in joining me (and for the most part they have to be Argentinian, thanks to 4 foreigners rule). Anyone had any really successful signings?

boca is fun to play they have same colours as the swedish flag. they took their colours from a swedish colonist ship way back.

aregentina is like scotland. dominated by 2 strong teams. i highly suggest play all south american leauges in background if u play in argentina, otherwise the south american cups gets to easy to win. an activa brazilian leauge is super strong and pump out good regens.

Aside from Boca and River.

Independiete; Patricio Rodríguez, Nicolás Mazzola, Daniel Montenegro, Freddy Grisales, Leandro Gioda.

Estudiantes; Juan Sebastián Veron, José Luis Calderón, Mariano Andújar, Diego Galván, Mauro Boselli.

San Lorenzo; Santiago Solari, Gonzalo Bergessio, Sebastián Méndez, Bernardo Romeo, Juan Manuel Torres.

There's a few anyway. :thup:

Hopey which Argentinian side has the best youngsters?

I don't know yet, I'm not an Argentinean expert ;) not yet anyway. I'm too busy with Lyon for now. Ask me when I start a South America save. :D

Or wait for people who play in Argentina to answer you; I'd imagine River/Boca. Lanus has a few possible promising youngsters at the start but I'm sure it's fairly even outside of the top two.

When playing with River (didn't check the rest of the clubs) you can't send your scouts outside of the continent, with two exceptions: Mexico and Japan (wth?!?). So the Mexican leage is a definite choice when starting in Argentina.

Hi

I don’t have a great working knowledge of the Argentinian league by any stretch of the imagination but thought I’d give it a go for a change.

I have just started with Newell’s Old Boys. Has anyone any experience of either playing with them or of them generally whilst playing the APD? Have I any hope of being near the top of the league or am I flogging a dead horse?

I thought I had it cracked pre-season. All wins and goals flying in left, right and centre. First league game of the season……. lose 0-3 at home to Velez (I was unlucky though!).

Any advice, etc greatly welcomed.

Hi

I don’t have a great working knowledge of the Argentinian league by any stretch of the imagination but thought I’d give it a go for a change.

I have just started with Newell’s Old Boys. Has anyone any experience of either playing with them or of them generally whilst playing the APD? Have I any hope of being near the top of the league or am I flogging a dead horse?

I thought I had it cracked pre-season. All wins and goals flying in left, right and centre. First league game of the season……. lose 0-3 at home to Velez (I was unlucky though!).

Any advice, etc greatly welcomed.

Newells are perfectly capable of finishing in the higher echelons of the league. Probably won't be able to challenge Boca and River in your first season in charge, but Newells have pretty good finances and a good reputation, so you should be able to attract some good players to the club.

I would recommend you look for some foreigners for your team. Players from other South American countries are often on par with their Argentinian counterparts and are usually much, much cheaper. You can pick up some fantastic young Venezuelans and Bolivians for little money. Also consider looking at countries such as Guatamala and El Salvador, can often find some gems.

However, remember you can only have up to 4 foreign players in your match-day squad!

Newells are perfectly capable of finishing in the higher echelons of the league. Probably won't be able to challenge Boca and River in your first season in charge, but Newells have pretty good finances and a good reputation, so you should be able to attract some good players to the club.

I would recommend you look for some foreigners for your team. Players from other South American countries are often on par with their Argentinian counterparts and are usually much, much cheaper. You can pick up some fantastic young Venezuelans and Bolivians for little money. Also consider looking at countries such as Guatamala and El Salvador, can often find some gems.

However, remember you can only have up to 4 foreign players in your match-day squad!

To the bit I've bolded, isn't that true for just about anywhere for the top sides? Just look at the values touted for English players in the Premiership, stupid amounts compared to equal or better players from elsewhere.

Ok, nice one, appreciate that.

The initial transfer window seemed to go quite quickly before the league kicked in and with no previous knowledge of the APD i struggled a bit and only managed the 1 signing. Still got a £1 million budget left which looks like it might buy me quite a bit come the next window. provided of course i start getting results and i'm not sacked by then!

With Newell's my pre-season expectations are mid-table so all being well i should be alright. Looking forward to something different, i'll let you know how i get on.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived