FM 2009 : Official Real Betis Thread : Béticos del Universo

Knowles

Welcome to the Real Betis Balompié Thread for Football Manager 2009.

Real_Betis.gif

Real Betis Balompié is a Spanish football club in Seville founded in 1907. The team currently plays in La Liga. Its home stadium is the 52,700-seat Manuel Ruiz de Lopera and its home colours are green and white. Real Betis celebrated their centenary year this past year 2007–08 La Liga season.

Real Betis holds the distinction of being the first Andalusian football team to play in the La Liga and to reach the UEFA Champions League although city rivals Sevilla already played this competition but with a different format, known as European Cup, in the 1957-58 season. Betis are also the only Spanish club to have won the 1st, 2nd and 3rd division leagues. Supporters of Real Betis are known as béticos. The club came close to folding in the summer of 1992 when they were saved by then vice-chairman Manuel Ruiz de Lopera, who later became chairman and is the current owner of the club.

Team

• 1 Ricardo

• 2 Melli

• 3 Vega

• 4 Juanito

• 5 Rivas

• 6 Ilič

• 7 Juanma

• 8 Arzu

• 9 S. García

• 10 Edú

• 11 M. González

• 12 Damià

• 13 Casto

• 14 Capi

• 15 Monzón

• 16 Pavone

• 17 Babić

• 18 Rivera

• 19 Xisco

• 20 Emana

• 21 M. Aurélio

• 22 Lima

• 23 Nélson

• 25 Odonkor

• 27 Juande

• 30 Diego Segura

• Coach: (Your Name ;))

Club Information

Year Founded: 1907

Stadium: Manuel Ruiz de Lopera

Capacity: 52,700

Training Facilities: Average Training Facilities

Youth Facilities: Average Youth Facilities

Media Prediction: 13th

Squad Personality: Very Determined

Captain: Juanito

Fierce Rivals: Sevilla

Other Rivals: Malaga

Finances

Balance: £25.27M

Transfer Budget: £6.5M (Mid-Table Finish)

Kits

1216733783.jpg

Thanks to arsenal_2111 for advice ;).

I might have a go as Betis once the Spainish B team bug has been sorted in the new patch. Its ruining my Getafe game at the moment. Seems like they have a decent bank balance and decent budget. What positions need strengthening the most?

I might have a go as Betis once the Spainish B team bug has been sorted in the new patch. Its ruining my Getafe game at the moment. Seems like they have a decent bank balance and decent budget. What positions need strengthening the most?

Well depending on your formation, but tbh, most positions if you want Euroupe. It definitely is a challenge, and if you want to test yourself as a manager I believe this is a great team to encounter.

• 2 months later...

No-one else playing with these? had a great game with them in fm06 so gave them another go on fm09 got 3 yrs in and my laptop broke so just started again.

Alot of deadwood to be shipped out but so far my transfers are.

IN

Lavezzi

Bolzoni

Santon

Adrien

Enyeama

Gioda

alot of youngsters

OUT

Lima

Capi

Rivas

I'm in 2012/13 season currently with Betis. Stadium is up to 62500. Have finished 3rd two years running but can't seem to break the big 2 who finish on 90 points averagely every year. Best signing so far is Bojan for 6.75 mil from Birmingham in 2010, he was released by Barca after the 1st season which was weird, snapped up by Birmingham but available for cheap after their relegation. currently investing in facilities which will hopefully help us rival the big 2.

Nobody from the current squad has survived apart from Caffa and Melli.

- Stoichkov assistant manager.

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently in my first season with Betis in one of my saved games. I am mid table in January. Pavone is my top scorer with 5 goals in 16 (2) games. The season started quite well, after 12 games I was 4th and had wins over Barca and Sevilla (admittedly both 1-0). Then came a big test, away at Real Madrid and we were hammered 4-0. Since then form has been poor with just one win in five.

I signed Pavel Pogrebnyak from Zenit for £5.5m. He has been a complete washout. His Avg. Rating is 6.64 and he has scored just 2 goals in 16 games. I have sold Rene to Swansea for £250K and Zamora to Celta for £600K.

I tend to play a defensive, slow tempo, short passing game with a diamond formation. Having blown most of my transfer budget on Pogrebnyak I only have a £1m left and not much of a wage budget either.

• 4 months later...
Hey:D

I am having a problem in my Betis save. I am in January but each time I try to buy or sell a player it says the transfer won't go through until June??? Any ideas what's going wrong?

Thanks

Did you negotiate a previous transfer to go through at the end of the season, thereby leaving this selection picked with each subsequent transfer deal thereafter?

I don't even see why it would do that tbh, but it's an avenue to investigate...

I think there may be some kind of rule about players changing team mid season in Spain as it happened to me a few times.

Rubentus I am playing with Betis but I got the job a few years into the save....I strongly suggest you pick up Irineu as at the start he should be dirt cheap and becomes awsome.

Ah well, keep him on the short list then. When I got the Betis job they were predicted to be relegated. He was my first signing and his 22 goals and 15 assists were what got us into Europe. That and Arsenjo who was already at the club when I joined.

Just got taken over in my save by a Croatian tycoon who gave me 140mil to spend and the expectation that I win the league. Not that I needed that much cash to mount a challange. I brought Pepe in from Real as some experience at the back because Arzu is past it. My other main signing was Coutinho who I had at Lazio and after I left they foolishly sold him to Roma. The rest of my signings have been regens mostly.

Playing with a 4-2-2-2 and rotating Yurchenko, Todorov (Starts at Ascoli I think, might be worth a look as he should be cheap at the start and always seems to become good) Coutinho, and a bunch of good quality regens alongside Irineu.

Sadly I went out of the CL at the first hurdle because I had so many players out during the qualifying round matches against Fiorentina.

Archived