choose your tactics

i have decided to start a seperate thread, away from TacGraber - Steal the AI's tactics - Experiments & Discussion because i dont want to take over it with these.

the following are the global tactics from the managers from start of game, the list will grow and grow, but if you cant find your favourite managers tactics or by division , please let me know by PM only and i will get them asap.

after setting up the global settings for your tactics i suggest you follow Loversleapers suggestions on Tactical Central and Insight: Implementing Tactics for FM09 for player settings.

i hope you enjoy it and find the success with the tactic you use.

national managers 1

national manager 2

spanish liga bbva

italian serie A

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

stvndysn. I have just come across your "manager tactics" post. As you may, or may not, remember you did a Phil Brown one some while back for me. I have now installed this latest one for my Hull game. You have the Player mentalities thus. GK 2, FBs 2, CDs 1, RLMs 2, CMs 2, FCd 4 and FCa 6. I have assumed that these are for the "defensive" tactic.

I have increased each players mentality by 5 to give me a "standard" tactic and by a further 5 to get me an "attacking" tactic. The team mentality you give as 2, so I have gone to the opposite mentality of 18 to make an "attacking" tactic and put the team mentality on halfway, 10 for the "standard" tactic.

Everything else is as per the "Phil Brown" download. I would be very interested in your opinions as to whether what I have done is logical and whether or not it may work in the game. Anyone else is also welcome to offer up their thoughts. Kind regards.

• 3 months later...

Archived