New soft spot teams for you

Over Christmas, FMH got a lot of play. I start new ones sometimes with teams I've never managed. I stay for ages, and dont change jobs. I develop soft spots for teams that have nothing to do with me. My Q is, who have you developed soft spots for?

For me I have developed soft spots for

Roma

Plymouth and

Bournemouth.

Over Christmas, FMH got a lot of play. I start new ones sometimes with teams I've never managed. I stay for ages, and dont change jobs. I develop soft spots for teams that have nothing to do with me. My Q is, who have you developed soft spots for?

For me I have developed soft spots for

Roma

Plymouth and

Bournemouth.

Fedde, you are Dutch right, it is nice to see you also venture into lower leagues like me. The dutch teams I play are Ajax and Groningen.

Do Groningen have much history or anything worth mention? I ask as they seem a nice but smallish team in a bigger league. Might be wrong but I think i saw them 4th recently. Nice stadium which i saw on TV in the Euro \u21 championships. Also something attracts me to Green and white. Although in Scotland i stick with Rangers blue.

Mr Plymouth... cool. I have always liked them on Fm. In England they seem a couple of notches up from say Colchester (sorry no offence!) and that is what appeals to me. Smallish in their league in comparison to some teams. This has been one of my most pleasurable saveames. They gave me £85k and I did not even need to spend a penny, Kleberson, Roque Junior only signings, great fun.

At end of season one, regens, free transfers.... to time well with my getting to Prem. Finished 2nd in season 2! Barry Hayles is a legend and dependable for first two season despite being pensioner. I like him a lot.

Big love your way for Plymouth. I was enticed to this start when Holloway left, so on FMH i took over and he went unemployed . Holloway is an admirable no sh-t manager I like him a character, shame he went. I am here now tho, all ok dont worry.

AH! That's like you slapped me BirgerJarl icon_razz.gif I support SC Heerenveen, who are Groningen's arch rivals. Since both clubs are located in the north of Holland there's always a fight who will be "Pride of the North". Groningen never wins it as we always finish higher than they do. I must admit that i've never played Groningen on FMH so I don't know how they are.

IRL however they've never won anything, they sometimes qualify for the UEFA Cup but they get kicked out in the first rounds. The Stadium was opened last year and is already to small for their fans to fit in. They had a unbeaten run of like 18 home games last year. For the rest I don't think they have a really good squad. Their best player went to Ajax last year. (Luis Suarez)

Hope this helpsicon_wink.gif But you should really take a look at SC Heerenveen, as they have a lot of talented young players icon_wink.gif

I have got a soft spot for Portsmouth becuase of my Grandad living there and I like Harry Redknapp.

I wouldn't call it a soft spot but I like Man Utd.Mainly down to the fact that my brother's godfather is Tony Coton who is the goalkeeping coach there and I like a lot of the players there especially Ronaldo and Vidic and their manager who believe it or not is 68 today. Happy Birthday Sir Alex Ferguson !!! icon_wink.gif

I've got a soft spot for Lazio because I saw them play when I was in Rome on a school trip, and was just amazed by the atmosphere (bear in mind the Olimpico was not even close to being full because it was Lazio - Reggina ie diddy game).

Happy new year to all on the Handheld forum!

Hey Fedde. I did not know that! That is interesting. I have some knowledge of Eredivisie by ckecking online and via clip shows like Eurogoals. next Dutch league I do, will be Heerenveen for sure. Yeah I knew about Suarez and they also took Huntelaar too some time back, I think after they sold Charisteas to Feyenoord if I remember correctly.

Ok I will, Heerenveen. Gong back to soft spots, I recently to now 2 seasons in with mighty Cremonese. Another soft spot developed.

As for the rest it is nice to see Fm spreading out your likings for teams. The post above, Mickey, he says about looking out for results of other teams. I do too and if bored on the net I research occassionally.

Archived