Good Solid Defence Tactic

Alright lads, new member. I've got a save with Rangers, and I'm in my first season. Just started November and since about the middle of September we've not been firing. We're already 8 points behind Celtic and only 3 ahead of Hibernian. The problem, I believe, is that we're conceding too many goals. I.e. the last two games have been at Kilmarnock and Motherwell, both in which we were turned over 2-0. We've also drew 2-2 with St Mirren. Plus every game we too win, we always concede at least one goal. I think I've had one or two clean sheets in domestic games.

So what I'm looking for is some help. I'd like a quality tactic, which revolves around a strong structured defence, and can get me to the end of the season still in the manager position. Also, I'd appreciate it if someone could bring the best out of my strikers and midfield too.

Cheers in advance, lads.

I'm currently using a new tactic which I made with A.C Milan and so far I have only let In one goal In 8 or so games (no friendlies).It's 4-1-2-2-1 formation with 2 attacking mids no wingers.Will post It later for you as I haven't saved It yet.

Also got same formation but with 2 wingers Instead of AMC.Very rarely concede with this tactic as well needs a bit of tweaking but should get you good results.Set the forward Mc as playmaker and the striker as target man.Here's link for you-

http://rapidshare.com/files/191731585/Gazza_s_Barce_tactic__Barcelona__Jan_2009_.tac.html

let me know how you get on :)

I'm running with a 4-2-3-1 tactic in Spain with Las Palmas, and in 7 friendlies we've conceded no goals. If it works well in the competitive season i'll post it up for you to have a look at.

That is a big "if" mind, as i'd hardly consider myself a FM expert, nor particularly a great connoisseur of defensive impenetrability.

Fingers crossed though. :) And if it doesn't work, i'll be seeking the same help as you i reckon.

Archived