Rewind

Radovan Lovetic

Intriguing start.

One wee tip, try replacing some of those commas with full stops.

OK then, sorry about that.

I am running the following leagues on FM08 with the 8.0.2 patch:

The top leagues of Spain, Scotland, Russia and the MLS;

And the english leagues down to Coca-Cola League Two.

Also just realised that there is a story with the same title just down the page. Sorry if the writer thinks that it is plagiarism.

Rewind to 2 hours before

I walked into the separate block that the chairman had built for himself the previous summer. Instead of redeveloping our tiny little shed of a ground he had decided to build himself his own private little office block for some reason. I would never understand Mr Wilding, but then again I would probably not want to either. His secretary spoke:

"Mr Wilding will see you now."

"Thank you Helen."

"Oh, and Paul."

"Yes."

"Good luck, I would not want to face him at this moment in time."

She shook her head as if to emphasise the point, her peroxide blonde hair shaking in a different rythm to her scalp. It was slightly creepy.

I walked up the stairs, clinging onto the banister with nerves. A knot was forming in the pit of my stomach, I was almost sick with nerves. I knocked on the door with the title of Andrew Wilding: Chairman, a voice boomed out:

"ENTER!"

So I entered.

"Now then Paul, we are second bottom of the premiership, and considering we won the title just last year, I have decided to terminate your contract with immediate effect."

"You cannot do that. I have only just signed a new deal."

"I think you will find that I can. And my word is final. You are not the man to take Sheffield Wednesday forward. Stop bitching and collect your things Paul."

Rewind: 3 years ago:

England vs FYR Macedonia, Wembley Stadium, 69,672

England lacked all forms of a cutting edge, in this encounter the horrible weather definitely did not help Englands efforts on the Macedonia goal, with Walcott firing wide after being released through the middle by Matthew Taylor. On 31 mins Goran Pandev had the first real shot at goal for the away side, hitting the post with a close range drive. but he really should have done better.

Then on 79 mins, after a very boring second half, Delan Radimiov crossed from the right hand side, and debut boy Leighton Baines cleared the ball against John Terry, James had absolutely no chance. 1-0 Macedonia. England flooded the box with players in the last 10 minutes but ultimately to no avail, Macedonia celebrated at the final whistle. Steve McClaren looks like someone who already knows that his job has gone down the pan. The group table currently looks like this:

Croatia   17pts
         Israel     17
         Russia    15
         England  14
         FYR MAC  7
         Estonia    0
         Andorra   0   

Archived