FMH 09 Career Thread

5th Season - Annan Athletic - Premier League - 1st, League Cup, Scottish Cup.

A good season for Annan as we completed the Treble. Personally I felt it was a tough year as couldn't find a settled team with injuries and a lot of youngsters deserving a game. We struggled in the league this season beating a Carlos Queiroz managed Rangers by four points and had a couple of nervous games in both cups before squeezing through and taking the trophies. The Champions Cup ended in the second round to Man Utd, so not too disappointed at our first attempt. Having won a treble I will concentrate on the League and Champions Cup from now on, playing my talented reserves in the domestic cups. Wage budget was £12,000 so Bosman upto £24,000. Still waiting for a big name to sign!

6th Season - Annan Athletic - Premier League - 1st, Scottish Cup. Portugal - World Cup 2014 - Group Stage.

A solid season in the league and my reserve team taking the Scottish Cup was pleasing. Wage Budget upto £25,000 so signed first big name of Hatem Ben Arfa from Real Madrid for £11.5m. Knocked out of Europe by Sevilla in the Champions Cup Quarter Final, so shows some progression.

The World Cup was disappointing with four key players out with injury. Drew all three group games so finished third, and therefore didn't reach the FA's expectations of the Quarter-Finals. Having only lost one game, to France in the Euro '12 Final, expected to be retained but was relieved of my duties.

7th Season - Annan Athletic - Premier League - 1st, League Cup, Scottish Cup, Champions Cup.

The Quadruple for Annan so Champions of Europe! Seven years of hard work have paid off. Strong in the league and the reserves were excellent in the cups. A 2-0 win over Inter in the Final of Champions Cup was very pleasing. Sold the clubs only big signing, Hatem Ben Arfa, at start of season to Barcelona for £14.5m as couldn't resist recouping the money spent on him plus some profit. With so many youngsters developing haven't needed any other big signings, but still waiting for a truly world class striker to emerge form my youth team. Hopefully win another Champions Cup befrore applying for jobs in the other leagues.

8th Season - Annan Athletic - Premier League - 1st, League Cup, Scottish Cup, European Super Cup.

Another Treble for Annan but disappointed finishing Runners-Up in the Champions Cup. Playing Barcelona in the final had a defensive midfileder sent off after 15 mins, but went in at half time 1-0 up. Barcelona equalised in the second half to take it to extra time, and then scored a late penalty to take trophy 2-1. Beat Man Utd on penalties to take European Super Cup and add another trophy to my collection. Successfully applied for the Juventus job with the whole squad needing rebuilding.

9th Season - Juventus - Serie A - 6th, Euro Cup.

10th Season - Juventus - Serie A - 1st. France - World Cup 2018 - Quarter-Finals.

11th Season - Juventus - Serie A - 1st, Italian Super Cup.

12th Season - Juventus - Serie A - 1st, Italian Super Cup, Champions Cup. Spain - Euro 2020 - Winners.

13th Season - Juventus - Serie A - 1st, European Super Cup, Italian Super Cup, Italian Cup, Champions Cup.

14th Season - Real Betis - LIGA BBVA - 3rd. Italy - World Cup 2022 - 3rd Place.

15th Season - Real Betis - LIGA BBVA - 1st, Spanish Cup, Champions Cup.

Been on holiday for the past week so obviously haven't updated my career. Got no stats but have done this career map from memory.

Season |Club                            |League                     |Finished               |Achievements
08/09  |Unemployed (Holidayed)          |-                          |-                      |-
09/10  |MVV                             |Dutch Eridivisie           |17th                   |Relegated
10/11  |Sangonera                       |Second Div B2              |13th                   |4th Round Spanish Cup
11/12  |Sangonera                       |Second Div B2              |1st                    |Lost Promotion Playoff Semi Final
12/13  |Sangonera                       |Second Div B2              |1st                    |Promoted to Liga Adelante
13/14  |Sangonera                       |Liga Adelante              |2nd                    |Promoted to Liga BBVA
14/15  |Sangonera                       |Liga BBVA                  |13th                   |Qtr Finals of Spanish Cup
15/16  |Sangonera                       |Liga BBVA                  |12th                   |-
16/17  |Sangonera                       |Liga BBVA                  |8th                    |Spanish Cup Winners
17/18  |Sangonera                       |Liga BBVA                  |4th                    |Spanish Cup Winners/UEFA Cup Winners
18/19  |Sangonera                       |Liga BBVA                  |2nd                    |Semis of Spanish Cup and Champions League
19/20  |Sangonera                       |Liga BBVA                  |1st                    |League Winners/Spanish Cup Winners/Super Cup Winners
20/21  |Sangonera                       |Liga BBVA                  |6th                    |Resigned Midway through season
21/22  |Pacos Ferreira                  |Liga Sagres                |5th                    |-
22/23  |Pacos Ferreira                  |Liga Sagres                |4th                    |Intertoto Cup Winners/Qtr Final Uefa Cup
23/24  |Pacos Ferreira                  |Liga Sagres                |2nd                    |Portuguese Cup Winners
24/25  |Pacos Ferreira                  |Liga Sagres                |1st                    |League Winners/Retained Portuguese Cup
25/26  |Pacos Ferreira                  |Liga Sagres                |2nd                    |Champions League Winners/Portuguese Cup Winners

Injuries ravaged my Sangonera squad and no matter how much money i spent i couldn't reproduce my title winning season. Pacos Ferreira were 16th for the previous 2 seasons in Portugal before i took over. 4 seasons to make them a league winners and 5 seasons to be European Champions. Will wait another season or two before looking to move to Holland with either Vitesse or Heracles my prefereed choices or to Belgium with Club Brugge or Anderlecht.

Whilst managing i've led Holland to successful European and World Championships winning both. Sangonera striker Emanuelson the star really with team mate Verbeek being deadly from midfield.

So far....

Played - 854

Won - 437 (51%)

Drawn - 212 (25%)

Lost - 205 (23%)

Scored - 1309 (1.53pm)

Conceded - 764 (0.89pm)

League Titles - 2

Cup Titles - 14

Brought - 145 players for 334m

Sold - 60 players for 237m

Manager points - 5088

17th Season - Aston Villa - Premier Division - 2nd, League Cup, FA Cup.

18th Season - Aston Villa - Premier Division - 1st, League Cup, Champions Cup. England - World Cup 2026 - Winners.

19th Season - Aston Villa - Premier Division - Community Cup, European Super Cup. Dundee Utd - Premier League - 1st.

Winning the Community Cup in my second attempt was the final trophy possible to win with my chosen leagues loaded. Stayed extra couple of weeks at Aston Villa to win the European Super Cup so I'd won every cup and League with each of the teams I have managed before moving to Dundee Utd. (Except Euro Cup with Annan Athletic, Real Betis and Aston Villa as always qualified for Champions Cup. My single Euro Cup win with Juventus is a personal highlight of my career).

Retired from England after winning the World Cup, but might be tempted back into International management if the Scotland job becomes available.

Decided to move back to the Scottish League for an easy last decade to my career.

23rd Season - Dundee Utd - Premier League - 1st, European Super Cup, League Cup.

After winning the League Cup I'd won all the trophies possible with Dundee Utd so took the Fiorentina job just before The Scottish Cup final. Moved at that point so I could sign all the decent Bosmans that were going to sign for me at Dundee Utd. However, when I went to demote players to my reserve team at Fiorentina there wasn't one! Quit as Fiorentina coach because of this BUG to concentrate on Scotland job. Very annoyed because would have stayed at Dundee Utd to complete the treble!

28th Season - Barcelona - LIGA BBVA - 1st, Spanish Cup. Holland - Euro 2036 - Semi-Finals.

29th Season - Barcelona - LIGA BBVA - 1st, Spanish Super Cup, Spanish Cup, Champions Cup.

30th Season - Barcelona - LIGA BBVA - 1st, Spanish Super Cup, European Super Cup, Spanish Cup, Champions Cup. Holland - World Cup 2038 - Runners-Up.

Manager Stats:

Played - 1837

Won - 1299 - 70.7%

Draw - 387 - 21.1%

Lost - 151 - 8.2%

Scored - 3424 - 1.86 p/m

Conceded - 664 - 0.36 p/m

League titles - 23

Cup titles - 57

Bought - 604 - £111M

Sold - 437 - £1.1B

Manager Pts - 21867

Watford season 2008 - 2009

Squad:

GK: Richard Lee, Scott Loach and Mart Poom

Defenders: Jordan Parkes, Leigh Bromby, Lloyd Doyley, Adrian Mariappa, Mathew Sadler, Cedric Avinel, Jay Demerit and Jon Harley

Midfielders: Al Bangura, Lee Williamson, John Eustace, Damien Francis, John-joe O'Toole, Gareth Williams, Jobi McAnuff and Lionel Ainsworth

Strikers: Tommy Smith, Liam Henderson, Will Hoskins, Tamas Priskin, Grzegorz Rasiak, Theo Ro9binson and Lewis Young

From that i feel as though O'Toole and Rasiak will be our Key players and this will be our first team 11:

GK: Poom

LB: Harley

RB: Doyley

CB: Bromby

CB: Mariappa

LM: McAnuff

RM: Ainsworth

CM: O'Toole

CM: Williams

FC: Rasiak

FC: Priskin

After looking at this line-up i think it's a pretty decent one to try and get into the Play-offs. The only concern is that i wont Challenge if major Injuries succumb as the Squad isnt that in-Depth. I will have to try and buy Rasiak next season as he is on loan from Southampton and i only have 300k to improve the Squad so it needs to go to needier places such as a keeper or another Winger.

Was that a good introduction?

Yeah defo need another but no-one decent wants to come :(. Poom only gets it becuse he used to play for Arsenal (I think) and i thought i could get some form out of him. Transfers and results will come soon (Maybe not today)

After the transfer window:

Player Changes:

Goalkeepers: Loaned in Stokes Danzelle St Louis-Hamilton and loaned out Loach

Defenders: Loaned out Parkes and Avinel.

Midfielders: Bought James McArthur for 100k (Reccomended :) ) and loaned out Bangura

Strikers: Bought Moses for 100k and loaned out Henderson, Robinson and Young

Current Squad:

GK: Lee, Poom and Louis-Hamilton

Defenders: Bromby, Doyley, Mariappa, Sadler, Demerit and Harley

Midfielders: Eustace, Francis, McArthur, O'Toole, Williams, McAnuff, Ainsworth and Smith

Strikers: Moses, Priskin, Hoskins and Rasiak

With added reinforcements i hope to make it to the PO's but with Crap ratings for Midfielders (Including a 4!!!!) Only O'Toole and McArthur will make it in my Prem Team (When/If i get there). By the looks of things we may have a couple of seasons in the Championship preparing properly as i would rather stay in the Championship a few Seasons and stay up in the Prem than keep going up and down. 17th after 7 games with 2 wins, 3 draws and 2 wins and i beat Barnet and QPR on the way to an Encounter in the 3rd round of the League cup with none other than the Premiership winners Man Utd which i lost 1-0 thanks to a Tevez winner.

Update: After 20 games we sit comfortably in 5th place and in line of finishing in the PO's. I still dont think we have enough strength in Depth to finish there as we only have 1 GK fully fit (Louis-Hamilton) and Moses is also injured but Championship teams only have 5 Subs (Stupid rule!!!!) Unless its in a Cup.

Its February and there has been quite a few going and coming in at Watford

Outs:

Mathew Sadler for 1.8m to QPR

Tommy Smith for 1.9m to Derby

Gareth Williams for 1.1m to Birmingham

Richard Lee for 200k to Hull

Ins:

I made Louis-Hamilton and Rasiaks loans permenant with a combined 1.7m deal. I also bought Andre Marques from Sporting CP to replace my LB that left. RB Brendan Maloney came in for 600k from Nottingham forrest and i tied up deals for Rodney Sneijder as he looks decent (Does he do well in the Future?) for 1.5m, Barnsleys Brian Howard for 800k and finally Havres wonderkid Zakarie Boucher for 120k (Anyone had experience with him?)

We are 5th in the Table and still hopefull of getting into the PO's and after 29 games we have 52 points while the leaders Reading have 55, so its not that far away.

The Season is almost over and 46 games played 1 point behind Auto Promotion at 3rd. We got drawn with Derby in the PO semi's and beat them 2-1 on agregate to set us up with the PO final v Wolves. We won 1-0 thanks to Bromby and are now gonna be in the Prem Wahoo!

Leeds 2008-2009 season

With a squad of 30 players, and an average age of 26, I think it's time for reinforcements.

I pictured my first squad with transfers as this in a 4-3-3 formation:

Mannone

Sheehan

Richardson

Hundington

Michalik

Johnson

Prutton

Howson

Snodgrass

Beckford

With a squad at this size, I'm looking to sign and sell, but more of the sales due to the ageing. Marques as the most experianced, I think I'll be keeping him, and other with international caps throgh experiance. Updates later

Watford season 2009 - 2010

Outs:

Bromby to Hull - 2.4m

Ashikodi to Derby - 1.7m

Francis to Hull - 900k

Marriappa to West Brom - 3.4m

Parkes to Derby - 300k

Hoskins to Leicester - 1m

Al Bangura to Derby - 1m

Kabba to Derby - 1m

Loach to Leicester - 1m

Avinel to Bournemouth - 200k

Doyley to Scunthorpe - 600k

Harley to Millwall - 300k

Ins:

Musacchio from Madrid - 200k

Rodriguez from PSV - 6m

Schneiderlin from Southampton - 2.8m

Wesolowki from Leicester - 2m

Elito from Colchester - 800k

Cannavaro from Napoli (Regen Keeper) - 500k

Roberto Carlos from Fenerbache - 500k

Stalteri from Panathanikos - 800k

I am jut in February now and am 16th but the Board are really unhappy, does anyone know how many matches i have left before i get sacked if the Board say this "they are Very unhappy with your performance as manager"? I have played 24 matches in the Prem and got 24 points from them with 6 wins, 6 draws and 12 losses.

Archived