player faces?

manutdfan4lyf

The first thing you need to do is create a graphics folder in this location if you do not have on already. My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009.

Then in that graphics folder create another folder and call it whatever you like maybe Tosic or whatever.

Then put the picture in that folder. When you have that done let me know.

By the way, what size is the picture you have? Also what file type is it?

Yeah I meant the dimensions. I should have been more specific.

Anyway usually I think they are 180 x 180 pixels but it does not really matter. It will just obviously take up more room on the screen.

Anyway, the next thing to do is to create a config file and save it in the same location as the picture.

Follow this guide on how to do that. If you get confused by anything in it just let me know.

Otherwise let me know when you have that done. :thup:

Yeah I meant the dimensions. I should have been more specific.

Anyway usually I think they are 180 x 180 pixels but it does not really matter. It will just obviously take up more room on the screen.

Anyway, the next thing to do is to create a config file and save it in the same location as the picture.

Follow this guide on how to do that. If you get confused by anything in it just let me know.

Otherwise let me know when you have that done. :thup:

im a bit stuck. sorry . i have got to the part after you placed the config file in the same folder as tosic pic. but then it goes on about :

FILE_NAME – is the name of your graphic, in my example above it was 680 (note the lack of a file extension in the name).

UNIQUE_ID – is the unique ID of the object, obtainable from the editor or in game.

now what?...

Between the lines <list id="maps"> and </list>, have you anything?

If you have delete and insert this line: <record from="FILE_NAME" to="graphics/pictures/person/UNIQUE_ID/portrait"/>

Change FILE_NAME to whatever you have picture of tosic saved as.

Then you need to find the unique id of Tosic in the game. You can use the editor to find this. Load a database in the editor and search for Tosic. Select him and the first thing at the top that it tells you should be his unique id. Put that number in the place instead of UNIQUE_ID in the above line. Save the file and let me know when you have that done.

<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->

<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->

<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions

in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any

place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics

files from the correct places

-->

<list id="maps">

<record from="93114" to="graphics/pictures/person/5781409/portrait"/>

</list>

</record>

all this for 1 pic. it must be hard to make a face pack.

Well it is a lot of work for 1 pic but very little for 100 pics or big amounts as there is very little to do to add more once you have all the pictures.

Anyway there are tools out there that will create the config file for you which are useful if you have loads of pics.

http://files.filefront.com/tosicrar/;13192319;/fileinfo.html

There is the link manutdfan4lyf. I don't know what you did wrong as I basically just did exactly what I told you and you had the config file spot on provided the name of your picture was what you had in the config file.

Anyway the link is above. You will need to extract it with WinRar to the following location: My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\graphics.

Then when you have that done go into display and sound preferences in the game and untick use skin cache and tick always reload skin on confirm. Confirm that and it should work. Let me know how you get on. :thup:

Have a look at this. If you still cannot do it, let me know. :thup:

jodi mate just downloaded the Tosic file :thup:

why dont S.I. games give you a job:D always helpfull and quick ............

now I have been following your advice as above just wanted to try something when a player is transfered obviously the pic shows him in old club's colours how hard would it be to put their face on the new club's kit;)

jodi mate just downloaded the Tosic file

why dont S.I. games give you a job:D always helpfull and quick ............

now I have been following your advice as above just wanted to try something when a player is transfered obviously the pic shows him in old club's colours how hard would it be to put their face on the new club's kit;)

To do that all you have to do is change the picture you have to one of them in the new club colours.

To do that all you have to do is change the picture you have to one of them in the new club colours.

might sound thick but how.........just started new season and signed viera for utd on loan to cover hargreaves..how do I get his face on a utd shirt... in real life he wouldnt be seen dead would he:rolleyes:

also going off subject I still have no sound so I am using my own chants etc running alongside game when a game being played not ideal but works:o...can you just check in your sound folder if there is anything in it mine is empty just wondering if disk I have is faulty:

cheers

My sound folder has a folder called default in which contains several sound files. That is the problem obviously.

Oh yeah, well you have to use photoshop or something to edit a picture of a picture of a united player and put vieira's face on it.

My sound folder has a folder called default in which contains several sound files. That is the problem obviously.

Oh yeah, well you have to use photoshop or something to edit a picture of a picture of a united player and put vieira's face on it.

thanks for that I have the default folder which is empty...is there any way you can post a link where I can download what should be in that folder when you get a chance:thup:

re-viera I will do that is there any free photoshop software I can use??

There are other free image editors like GIMP. Photoshop is one you pay for. You can get a 30 day free trial of it though.

I don't know if I would be allowed to upload the sounds as it is part of the FM software. Maybe you could try downloading the demo of the game and then just copy the files over from that. :thup:

There are other free image editors like GIMP. Photoshop is one you pay for. You can get a 30 day free trial of it though.

I don't know if I would be allowed to upload the sounds as it is part of the FM software. Maybe you could try downloading the demo of the game and then just copy the files over from that. :thup:

thanks will try that..............:thup:

and you have a point re-sounds will give it a go from demo..........the chants are good but this has been annoying me for weeks just want to sort it out now:eek:

Archived