I love FM09 so much it hurts me to say I am losing interest.....

olrion

I am at a loss, I clearly am not cut out for the Tactical versions of FM and from reading alot of post on here I am not alone. I used to be decent at versions previous to 2007 but as the game gets more complex I get worse.

There is such an emphasis on tactics now and sometimes I just think that tactics shouldn't play that bigger part, if you have your team set out with general instructions you should still do relatively well. I understand that in football there are often upsets but my recent experiences of FM generate unrealistic and ridiculous outcomes. I remember in the last version (FM08) I started a Man Utd league, brought in World Class players (on top of the class they already have) and despite what ever approach I tried, simple tactics or obscure ones I ended up 14th in the league......no surprise I got sacked several times! Even if Manchester United had me as manager in real life they wouldn't be that bad!

Surely sometimes it should be easy enough to take a United team to West Brom or Stoke and say Edwin, Rafael, Rio, Nemanja, Patrice, Cristiano, Michael, Anderson, Ryan, Wayne and Dimi go out there be creative (slide creative freedom notch to full) and win this match for the fans. These are World Class players afterall who don't need a great deal of encouragement or motivation to succeed- especially against weaker teams. Instead you end up getting pummelled by lesser players that run you ragged!

I have a Reading league too and in a pre-season friendly I put out my best XI against a team called Didcot (or something similiar, at best a team I have never heard of) I went 3-1 up and lost 4-3 against a bunch of nobodies!

I don't want to win every single game because that would be boring but I would like to be able to go through a single match, go a goal up and keep the lead and outplay opposition when I am clearly the favourite for the win. Is that so much to ask!?!?!?

Archived