Heading Stat Decline

I've noticed that the heading stat for my centre halves declines over a few seasons. I have my own training regime for the back four with defending stat set to intensive. I take the defensive coaching to cover heading. Alas i also give them very little attack/finishing training. Could this affect the heading stat? Does anyone know for certain which aspect of training can help to improve the heading ability? I have also seen this affect players over different age groups and nationalities. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Its been asked a few times, and I know it doesnt make much sense but yeah, its ball control.

Well, let's see where they could put it...

Aerobic/Strength/Goalkeeping/Tactics- no

Defending- not a good idea, because Heading is vital for strikers too.

Set Pieces- they used to have it here a few versions back. We were enraged when we found out, so they changed it. I think they did well, so that we don't have to train our DCs at Set Pieces too much. More often than not, the rest of the Set Pieces attributes are a complete waste for DCs.

Shooting- no, because we wouldn't like to have to train our DCs at Shooting all the time, would we?

That leaves us with:

Attacking and Ball Control

I 'd rather train my DCs at Ball Control than at Attacking play (which covers Passing and Creativity). SI chose Ball Control, and I think I am pretty happy with that. It's not completely nonsensical either.

Archived