Changing default kits in FM2008

42david42

Hi

I am trying to change the default kits in FM 2008, but can't make it work.

I can't find anything about it on the forums either.

When I try editing the default kits (in paint - maybe this is the grave mistake I am making...) I get a quite strange image in the editor, where the kit background is the background colour and not grey/white as it usually is...

Can someone help me?

Do I need to use another program to edit the kits or save the files in a different format or what?

Thanks in advance

D

Have you got a screenshot showing whats happened? It sounds like you haven't left the background of the graphic transparent, (possibly because Paint cannot handle transparent files) - try editing the file in an editor that can handle transparent png files (like paint.net or The GIMP)

I'll try that - thanks a lot

Okay.

I finally got it working in Paint.net;

Here

And it also seemed to work in the editor;

Here

BUT, when I got ingame, it was as though the game had forgotton, that I had edited the default skins - and the shirts had reverted to their old style;

As seen here

Does anyone have an idea about how to fix this?

Could someone lend me a hand?

Thank you in advance.

D

What default kits did you edit the ones in the editors folder only? Those ones are only used for the editor not the actual game you'd need to edit the default kits.

There are two ways you can do this:

- If you are only wanting to edit that one team, it maybe best to just create and assign three kits to your team (you'd need to recolour them though)

Have a look here on how to create a config file you'd need to put these three lines in the config file:

<record from="FILE_NAME" to="graphics/pictures/team/UNIQUE_ID/kits/home"/>

<record from="FILE_NAME" to="graphics/pictures/team/UNIQUE_ID/kits/away"/>

<record from="FILE_NAME" to="graphics/pictures/team/UNIQUE_ID/kits/third"/>

Replacing UNIQUE_ID with the ID of your team and FILE_NAME with the name of the graphics for the home, away and third kits. Then put the config file in the same folder as the kit graphics and put all that in the graphics folder inside your User Data folder (My Docs/SI/FM08/graphics by default) load the game turn the skin cache off and reload your skin and your new kits should show.

- Alternatively you can take the 14.png graphic you have just modified and copy that into a folder within the graphics folder of your User Data folder as above and include the following within a config file within the same folder:

<record from="14" to="graphics/pictures/kits/default/14"/>

This method tells the game you want it to use your starred 14 graphic instead of the hooped graphic ingame, you'd also need to turn the skin cache off and reload your skin for it to take affect.

With this method you don't need to recolour or create three graphics, but it will apply to each team who's kit style is set to 14.

Archived