Anyone ever managed in the Brazilian or Mexican league?

thefox69

I maybe biased, but as a Brazilian, I think our league is very challenging.

You have actually 2 championships each year (the State and the National), not much money but a lot of raw talent and some state championships with crazy formulas.

The biggest challenge is to get yourself a 3rd division national team. But for someone not yet knowledgeable about our league, I'd go to a powerhouse such as Sao Paulo (the obvious, almost too easy), Internacional, Cruzeiro or Flamengo.

Although there are powerhouses, the championship is extremely competitive, and there are easily 5-8 contenders able to grab the title.

Cheers,

Tele

I played with Cruzeiro on fm08 and it was suprisingly enjoyable :thup:

also, alot of the brazillian players either not playing in one of the top leagues, or not getting a chance in the team, will come to you

i managed to get vagner love who tore up the league :D

it's just a shame that there's not really much to build on in terms of higher competition e.g. something like the champions league

but still a good game :D

Im looking at teams in 2nd division for moe of a challenge & noticed theres big teams there like Corinthians, Bahia and São Caetano, anyone ever managed in Campeonato Brasileiro Série B before?

Hey mate, Im playing in Brazil with Corinthians. Serie B was a bit of a walk in the park first season and won the Brazilian Cup as well. You start with some great youth there as well, in particular Dentinho, Lulinha, and the keeper Felipe. Of course you also have the legend that is Ronaldo up front.

You will find you have a lack of money the first year but each January you recieve about 20m pounds in sponsorship money which makes it easier, and means you can buy players. Also on top of that, the academy turns out some great players, in 3 seasons ive had 4 players with 170+ potential.

Hope this helps, any questions, just ask!

Archived