Ochoa plays awul?

Shizzle

So I bought Ochoa last season in 2009 on 9.1.0 and he has been ok with a rating of 7.04 at the end of the season, but now he has been just awful, I mean every shot on target is a goal with him in goal and his average rating is around 6.70 in his second season.

His stats are quite good, but he's two footed, should be free for a GK as how in the world is it a benefit for a GK?

My scouts rate him as a worldclass keeper.

Seriously is he always so bad, or is that just me?

Anyone FAR better then him to buy?

Before you start blaming the keeper,,,esp if he was ok last season,, have you made any change to your Defence ???

What are your defenders playing like ?? they might need change.

If you are headset on buying a new GK,, then whats your budget ??? ,,and as you went for Ochoa im guessing you want a young GK ??

I have Akinfeev,,cost me 19.5mil,,, he been good in his first season with me.

there is also a few more decent young GKS

Lloris

Adler

Neuer

asenjo

Patracio

Offer him a new contract get his morale up,, also you said his contract expires after next season ,,,the last thing you want is him leaving either on the cheap or on a pre-contract in 6 months,,,so get him tied up first. Might also be worth looking at your GK coach,, how good is he ? it might be worth bringing in a new coach..,, try asking him if he recommends any new staff,, if its a gk coach then try that. Do you have any South American staff ??? . Do you still have a older more exp GK at the club ? As good as Ochoa is ,,he is still youmg,, if there someone more exp at club try getting him to mentor him. That and the defensive issues should give you a few more options to try,,,,if all else fails then fair enough SELL

i guess he just doesnt bother making a save when the opposition easily have shots on target and having not recieved a new contract since his current one is not being renewed. personally i would do the same when my club does not offer me a new contract when my current one is expiring eventhough i was sensational last season. thats just the unprofessional me.

on a serious note, give him more time to adapt to his new defence and try playing more defensively soo that lesser shots are on target and more off target. I still dont understand why you would change your 2 centre backs who did well last season with new and younger ones.

as for keeper alternatives, steve mandanda has been a monster for me. having to fill the boots of buffon in my juve team was too easy for him. i dunno about his price though cos i got him for free but i think it would be rather high since his value sky rocketed to 30 mill euros.

great players do play like crap sometimes.

I offered him a new contract and told him that I'm dissapointed with his recent performances.

He started to play a lot better then (around thr 7.1-7.4 area) to just drop again in the 6.8-6.9 region.

Valencia are interested in him now, so I'm going to keep an eye on that.

Also about the old defenders, they were nowhere near premiership level having both an average of 6.8 and making a LOT of mistakes due to lap in concentration or being way to slow.

The only reason we finished 6th at all was that I had a lot of luck signing two great fullback regens who i could play occasionally(I don't overplay my 18 year old youngsters) and having Lewandowski, Marquinhos and behind them Alejandro Gomez up front.

These three became the 3th best attack in the premiership.

On top of that Ochoa played between good to world class and did some crazy saves.

He adopted rather fast, but now Sidnei(brazilian) and the turkish regen defender are still struggling with communication problems so that may be the reason why Ochoa has low ratings this season<---to many shots on target, still sometimes he just gets TWO and both of them are goals while my strikers have like 7 and 2 of them are hitting the posts,3 are getting saved by the keeper and 2 go in.

Even with communication problems these two new defenders play on another level then the old ones(7.24 and 7.11 ratings) and I get a lot less chances against me, that's why it's so frustrating seeing 2 shots on target from 30 yards(looking like a pass) going into the goal while Ochoa drops dead like a fat cow having a heart attack.

With the old geezer defence he might have up to 12 shots on target and he would keep the score down to 2 goals against us with the help of our lovely friend the post.

Ever seen Arsenal lose against a team with NO DEFENCE 1-4 because they hit the post like 6 times?Yeah that was what the season was like.

I got all the manager hating me, because of the ridiculous results despite them dominating the game like crazy.

Seriously, with a better defence (conceded around 49 goals) we would've won the premiership in the promotion season :).

About Mandana, he would be my first choice, as he looks AMAZING, otherwise Hugo LLoris or Akinfeev.

Just ouf curiosity, what was his average rating for everyone?

Because I do have the feeling that the keeper ratings tend to be very low in 09.

Off the top of my head I think he's averaging 7.5 for me with about 25 games gone.

I'll post you a screenie when I get home from work.

Like I said, he's a busy boy.

Archived