Advice needed regarding pasing

I am really struggling with this game. I bought it the first week it came out & have read much advice from this site. I have a tactic based on the Simplicity thread. My ass man keeps on telling me that our passing is shocking & we are giving away too possecion too easy. Also we keep misplacing short passes.

Any advice please.

Agreed. By playing direct, you reduce the number of passes required to build an attack. Each pass may be harder to get on target, but as you only need 3-4 rather than 9-10 to get into a shooting position, the odds of creating anything are increased.

A more direct style would be helped by a faster tempo, as it reduces the opponents ability to mark your forward players effectively, thereby increasing the chance of the pass being successfull.

Agreed. By playing direct, you reduce the number of passes required to build an attack. Each pass may be harder to get on target, but as you only need 3-4 rather than 9-10 to get into a shooting position, the odds of creating anything are increased.

A more direct style would be helped by a faster tempo, as it reduces the opponents ability to mark your forward players effectively, thereby increasing the chance of the pass being successfull.

Ive read & tried all the above advice & still the same report back from my assistant that passes are going astray. We are gifting the ball to the opposition.

Im managing Staylybridge Celtic & my best passer has a rating of 13 in passing. Ive put all the best passers in the team & still no change in fortunes in keeping the ball or passing it from one player to another. My pass completion is 40%

Have you watched the match to see where your passes are going astray? Are there not enough options in the vicinity of the distance dictated by the slider? (a few yards away for very short, etc) Are they just making bad decisions? Are they just hoofing it up the field? Do some players have a much higher completion percentage than others?

Archived