Additional Leagues

Just wondering SI, are there any plans to extend the amount of leagues available. I apologize as this is a common related question but I certainly would like the Turkish league added as it is one of the most entertaining leagues I have managed in!

What are you saying mickey!? Why on earth would they consider removing leagues??

This year's edition seems to be an 'optimisation' of the last and I would hope that now SI would seriously consider adding some more chunky content for the next version. New leagues are a must in my opinion, but removing leagues is going in the wrong direction!

Russia for Australia?? icon_eek.gif

No thanks, Australia is on my 3 most played countries list(3rd behind England and Scotland).

If SI removed Leagues, I rarely(if ever)manage in Belgium/Holland/Portugal but I wouldn't want to spoil the fun of players that do enjoy managing in those countries.

What I'd really like is the English Conference North/South added in the next FM Handheld but as much as I want that, to be fair, other countries should be added before any existing country has more divisions added.

Rabbitman is right

I love to play in the a league

top divison in my opinion probably my 2nd fave behind england

new leagues Brazil would get my vote

always enjoy a run with Santos or Someone

another league hmmm not to sure i enjoy the blue square north /south on the PC maybe could be added

Again, sorry to keep mentioning, but since others have offered a suggestion, I'd just like to vote for Sweden to be included.

To justify this reason? It is a fun league to play, great fun. Any one of many teams can win the league and tiny teams can come up and bed in to the top flight. A lot of money ends up in the league due to the true stars inevitably moving to Europe so this is a wrench, but the money means good spends. A lot of money is generated internally too though.

On the PC version, it is great fun, I have not tended to find the time for PC versions at all in last couple of months.

If this is NOT possible, can you up the amount of Swedish regens that are created and please please please can you do it so Sweden can be managed even if the league is noncincludeable.

I'm all for the addition of leagues, especially those that have been requested- eg. brazil, sweden- but I don't see any need to remove leagues.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MiCkEyMcMuLLaN:

chuzcredit it would take up less room so there would be more room for other stuff </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think the capacity of a UMD is the limiting factor at all. 1.8gb is more than enough room to store a huge text-based game. And since the game only runs one country at a time, the addition of leagues will cause very little strain on the processor. At worst, it would only be occasional attribute updates and creating regens that would affect the game at all. I'm no expert on the matter, but surely that would make sense

fao Marc, hi there firstly i would like to say what a series fm's turning out to be, i used to be a cm fan but converted at the change over in 2005 (i think)

iv just go one or two q's. firstly, how do si determine on what countries that feature in the game. is it to do with sales in certain countries? copyright? or customer demand. its weired because i know people have mentioned usa league, surly this game could shift a few copies in America if this was added. also i reckon the introduction of blue square north/south is essential for sales in the uk. im not a blue square fan but i like a challenge and everyone iv talked to has agreed and im guessing a majority would second this.

Another thing that boggles me, and before i go ahead i dont condone video game piracy (i own the game and have never flashed my psp) but i know the umd rip of the game is around 120mb, is there no way of implementing more leagues? last year i read that is was to do with memory stick capacity but who knows.

keep up the good work

I doubt there is any need for "instead of" LIVIforLife. A UMD holds 1.8gb, and only the selected league (+ a few players from other countries around the world) would be running so it should only create the slightest bit more drag on the processor/RAM. I think someone even said that the game is barely over 100mb, so the UMD isn't the limiting factor either. I don't know much about how games work or how they're coded, but it seems pointless to me to remove a league at this stage

Somebody else in another thread mentioned the possibility of having different editions of FMH 09 so that you could have ALL the leagues from the British Isles and Ireland in one edition, or ALL the American leagues in another edition etc due to the lack of storage available on UMD. Not a bad idea.

Personally I want Republic of Ireland leagues in as I'd love to take my own club to the top of Europe. But personal pleas like this probably won't get it included next year

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bradders213:

Wouldn't creating different leagues on different UMD's mean that SI are competing with themselves? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

from a business sense in terms of sales, just to clarify icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Russian leagues that would be tasty </div></BLOCKQUOTE> the russian leagues have some class players.

i would like to see the blue squar north and south introduced

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mightyowl28:

doesn't anyone fancy the Maltese League? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Id like to give that a shot, im a big fan of Malta i knew about Mifsud before he came to the big time with Coventry

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chuzcredit:

2 different UMDs haha

Never going to happen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It wouldn't be the first time.

I'm not all that bothered, I only play in England or Scotland with the very occasional foray into Italy or Spain.

Does anyone ever play in Belgium?

Turkey should be added into the game way before Russia is added. I mean come on where did CSKA Moscow end up his year in the CL and where is Fenerbahce? Infact the likes of Belgium and Australia being added into the game before Turkey is kinda weird considering mnay top players from Belgium end up transfering to Turkey...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bugle:

Explain there chuzcredit. Surely they wouldn't be "competing" with themselves, just ensuring more sales in different markets?

And what is the limiting factor then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not the competition, its just the logistics. Releasing 2 slightly different UMDs of the same game doesn't make any sense considering that Blue Square North and South could easily fit on 1 UMD along with all the others. I can't even imagine the England version working in England for a significantly reduced price. This doesn't make sense because as I said, those leagues could easily be included on another UMD, and because the English market which is likely the biggest for FMH would buy only one or the other, and most likely would choose the cheaper England only version, SI (and the shops who need to be convinced it's worth trying to sell it) would lose a lot in sales. Those people who buy it would then whinge about boredom due to the lack of other leagues and flame SI for releasing this cheaper version that is so similar to the full version but has only 1 playable nation. I'm going a bit off track but there's just so many reasons why not to...

And limitations, courtesy of Marc Vaughn (finally some official confirmation on the fact that the UMD capacity is not the limiting factor): http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4892031102/m/4012027473

It's just common sense really- FMH is almost free of graphics, images and audio, and is almost entirely text based. Sure there's a hell of a lot of text data, but it's size is almost nothing compared to the intense graphics and diversity in the audio of other PSP games. Phew

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doruk:

Turkey should be added into the game way before Russia is added. I mean come on where did CSKA Moscow end up his year in the CL and where is Fenerbahce? Infact the likes of Belgium and Australia being added into the game before Turkey is kinda weird considering mnay top players from Belgium end up transfering to Turkey... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Turkish league gets the thumbs down from me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridley99:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doruk:

Turkey should be added into the game way before Russia is added. I mean come on where did CSKA Moscow end up his year in the CL and where is Fenerbahce? Infact the likes of Belgium and Australia being added into the game before Turkey is kinda weird considering mnay top players from Belgium end up transfering to Turkey... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Turkish league gets the thumbs down from me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? Because it is much better than some of the leagues that is already in the game? Has some class players and the leagues as well as its clubs are progressing every year? You need to elaborate pretty damn well after such a post.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridley99:

Why? Because it is much better than some of the leagues that is already in the game? Has some class players and the leagues as well as its clubs are progressing every year? You need to elaborate pretty damn well after such a post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ive never been a big fan of the turkish league and think there is better players in the Russian/ukraine leagues. I can name a lot more players in those leagues than in the turkish league. still a thumbs down for me. I think either of these should be in but if any leagues get added i can see it being the MLS out of all of them

Why? Because it is much better than some of the leagues that is already in the game? Has some class players and the leagues as well as its clubs are progressing every year? You need to elaborate pretty damn well after such a post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ive never been a big fan of the turkish league and think there is better players in the Russian/ukraine leagues. I can name a lot more players in those leagues than in the turkish league. still a thumbs down for me. I think either of these should be in but if any leagues get added i can see it being the MLS out of all of them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well obviously the MLS needs to be there SI didn't get the licensing for nothing, but if it is to be included than an American version of the game needs to be released for those of us in America.

Just because you don't follow the league or know names doesn;t mean th league has lesser quality players. Where is CSKA Moscow and Shakhtar in the CL this season and where is Fenerbahce? Anyway the MLS is probably the first league that needs to be there, but from Europe at the moment the Turkish league should be on top of the list as next in line.

I would like to see more English leagues, as i would like to play as FC United, rather than having an edit job. Also, Brazil sounds a good place to be a manager, and with that being able to manage Brazil icon_cool.gif

If you can suggest that the Russian,Ukrainian and out of all the leagues the Swedish to be of higher quality than the Turkish league than I don't know what to tell you... Just look at their clubs and look at Turkish clubs look at the Champions League and UEFA Cup as I have said before... You not being a follower and not knowing many players doesn't mean a thing anyway Roberto Carlos is probably enough to begin with not that there aren;t many other quality players... The Turkish league needed to be there way before the likes of Belgium, Australia, and even Scotland (yeah there may be a big market for the game there, but doesn't change the fact that the Turkish league is a better quality league). It's probably best to due a poll rather than go to assumptions, but it is really unfair to Turkish football to have such lesser leagues in the game before it...

I would like to add a few more things for the Turkish league I would encourage some of you to try it out on the pc version if you can when the new patch comes out around march or so with the new data as there will be many corrections made to the db.

The Turkish leagues can be quite challenging and enjoyable indeed The Super Lig being the top division you can only have up to 7 foerigners (6 at a time on the field with a +1 option as a sub' can't have 7 on the field at the same time) registered at a time this inlcudes EU players counting as foreigner so anyone who doesn't have eligibility to play as a non-foreigner. The rules that define who is a foreigner and who isn;t is a little trickier than most countries in real life but in the game so long as someone has Turkish citizenship they don't count as a foreigner in the game. It takes 5 years for someone to gain citizenship. This can be quite challenging as you really need to make sure you sign the right foreigners to the club. Of course you can end up signing young foreigners with potential and loan them out, but they can't play in the youth leagues also the fact that there is no reserve league but instead a U-20 makes it a bit more challenging as well.

The second dvision which is actually refered to as the TFF 1. Lig is also interesting you can only have 2 foriegners registered at a time and they can only be from Turkic countries Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Krygyzstan, and Azerbaijan. A good thing for clubs who get relegated to this division is that they are allowed to see out the remainder of any contracts signed while they were in the Super Lig this including any foreigners so these clubs can have an edge so long as they can hold on to them, but they can't renew contracts unless they get promoted to the Super Lig.

The 3rd division is called the TFF 2, Lig which allows no foreigners at this point so you have to get the promotion with domestic players.

Overall domesticaly speaking Turkey has some very talented youth with some great potential along side some solid experienced foreign stars. Fenerbahce is a very interesting club with a great deal of money and they have a chairman who loves the club and is willing to give out the extra cash if need beyond the 20-30 million euros they spend on transfers a season. Galatasaray are the sleeping giants in the country being the only club with past European cup glory they are in financial troubles, but have a new 52,000 capacity stadium being built and are trying to get some of their prestige back in Europe with this seasons UEFA Cup campaign that has had its share of ups and downs. Besiktas are a very interesting club that have a great squad bur are incredibaly unpredictable and for some reason underachieve no matter who manages them even Del Bosque was a flop with them. All in all the foreigner limit alone creates an interesting challange and could even add a new unlockable as in the foreigner limit being removed after achieving certain results kinda like it is for the work permit unlockable. Obviously I am not asking for all 3 divisons even the Super Lig would be fine but I feel TFF 1. Lig also needs to be there to get the full experience of managin in Turkey, but if the TFF 2. Lig were to be included an interesting chalange it would be to bring a team up from the 3rd division to the Super Lig with all domestic players and to actually win it all I remember doing to with an older version of FM and it was a lot of fun.

just my thoughts on the matter if anyone wants to read

I also wanted to add last but not least the Turkish League is very interesting in that only 4 clubs have won the league championship in its history the top 3 Istanbul clubs Galatasaray, Fenerbahce, Besiktas and the only outsider being Trabzonspor.

There have been some clubs who have come very close and have even performed better than some of the top clubs in continental competition like Eskisehispor (who are now in TFF 1. lig and are trying to get promoted so they can relive the old glory days), Goztepe (who sadly become an amateur club last year due to lack of funds), Bursaspor, Denizlispor, Kocaelispor, Sakaryaspor, Gaziantepspor, Zonguldakspor (they should be in TFF 2. Lig), Genclerbirligi (kinda of like the Parma of Turkey former Chelsea player Geremi was discovered by them), Ankaragucu, Samsunspor and recent newcomers have set the league alight especially Kayserispor who have 2 NT players in the squad (they competed in the UEFA Cup last year went through the Intertoto), and Sivasspor who are currently leading the league in real life by a point and may end up with a fairy tale ending by winning the championship this season. Kayserispor are building a new state of the art 30,000 capacity stadium due to be completed soon and opened up for next season that will be shared with their brother club Kayseri Erciyesspor, they also have a very determined chairmen who refuses to sell their top players to the big clubs or interested foreign clubs and is willing to spend good money for the club so they are financially very good the same can be said for Sivasspor.

again doruk your the only person that wants the turkish league, the most popular voted for are MLS, Russian, Ukraine, Swedish and Brazilian leagues, even the Welsh, Malteses and Irish leagues have the same amount of votes as the Turkish. Im not saying that the Turkish league is of a good standard just that the forum want other leagues before the Turkish

again doruk your the only person that wants the turkish league, the most popular voted for are MLS, Russian, Ukraine, Swedish and Brazilian leagues, even the Welsh, Malteses and Irish leagues have the same amount of votes as the Turkish. Im not saying that the Turkish league is of a good standard just that the forum want other leagues before the Turkish </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This doesn;t make any sense the Turkish League is right up ther with the French and Dutch leagues quality wise and is definitaly better than say the likes of Protugal and Greece. Spain, England, Italy, Germany, France, Holland, and Turkey the order is debatable so I'd put the Spain, England, Italy, Germany as the top leagues and than would come France, Holland, and Turkey being very close leagues quality wise. So this is not even something that is debatable Turkish leagues is in the top 7 in Europe to suggest otherwise would be odd ok I will be modest and say top 10 for the very least. I don;t understand why the Turkish league is so heavily underrated just because people don;t get coverage... With the Turkish league not being in the game Fenerbahce won;t have much of a chance of making it into the next rounds of the CL, but they beat off the Russiand and Dutch champs to make it out of their griup as well as beating the Italian champs once.

Archived