The Lost Season 4 thread *for episodes aired in the US/abc.com* *season 3 spoilers and a mid-season cut-off guranteed*

rosslarkin

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by sean_oc16:

I think it was some of the Others, but Frank did go on that errand so maybe he dropped some people from the freighter on the island?

I assumed that errand was at the time of Naomi's original drop, at which point more could have landed on the island?

Originally posted by rosslarkin:

Have we established who the shooters could be though? Are we thinking someone off the boat or people from the Temple who didn't want Roussou or Karl there?

Good episode though, nice of them to finally tie a few things off before the break

I assumed whoever it was was sent by Ben to kill Karl and Roussou. They way Ben looked at Karl when he had his hand around Alex suggests he wants him out of the picture. And Roussou is abit mental and we dont know what went on between her and Ben in the past

anyway, so far what do you think 8 episodes in. For me theres so much going on its all a bit overwhelming, and its all a bit too much.

So many characters split over different plots. Just fustrating how one week you get a story based around the beach lot, then you have to wait 3 episodes to get back to them.

Originally posted by RedRob:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jasnip1:

got a feeling the captains gonna say something like he knew michael was a fake anyway. Just to **** off Sayid, I would love that

yeah, I got that feeling myself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same...

My theory on who made the fake crash complete went up in smoke after this episode.

This epidsode to me seems like a filler. I felt the whole Michael story was extended to fulfill a whole episode since the producers are under pressure to extend Lost to as many seasons as they can. I felt the story could have been told in half that time.

I was suprise Tom being gay. And who was that ghost women that kept appearing to warn Michael. Was that the women he shot while on the island? Back in season 2 or something like that? If she is what was her role again?

Originally posted by Fred_the_Red:

My theory on who made the fake crash complete went up in smoke after this episode.

This epidsode to me seems like a filler. I felt the whole Michael story was extended to fulfill a whole episode since the producers are under pressure to extend Lost to as many seasons as they can. I felt the story could have been told in half that time.

I was suprise Tom being gay. And who was that ghost women that kept appearing to warn Michael. Was that the women he shot while on the island? Back in season 2 or something like that? If she is what was her role again?

The "ghost woman" was libby, the woman he shot yes.

She was one of tha tail-end survivors, with ana-lucia and Big Eko.

She was also romantically involved with Hugo, iirc.

Whilst I agree that it seemed a filler - I have no idea why they would do this anymore as we know when Lost is going to end now (40 episodes left FWIW).

There's also al lot more to libby than meets the eye IMO, as she was also the one responsible for giving Desmond the boat that brought him to the island...

How can you think the michael ep could be done in half the time? They missed out how they went from the boat in the south pacific or indian ocian and got back to NY. They couldnt have had any documentation.

The fact you dont know who libby is when she is a vital reason for michaes mental state and his reinvolvment with ben shows you dont really have a clue. And I think its fairly obvious she didnt actually have a mental illness when she was in the hospital but was undercover. I'm sure we'll find out more about her in the future.

Tom being gay basically a shout out to the geeks after theorising on his 'please kate you're not my type' back when she first got captured.

Originally posted by MixitupMixitdictator:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Looks like Aaron must be the 6th, which I find ridiculous tbh.

loads of people say this but from the media's perspective i understand why they would do this

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said from the start he would be included in the six, as that is what the media would do in real life.

icon_cool.gif

No, one belived me though icon_frown.gif

And I'm sure there's another twist too coming up.

i find it hard to believe that widmore doesn't know everyone who was on the plane, esp as the freighter captain knew sayid's name (and desmond's). therefore, surely he would know who michael was.

Originally posted by MixitupMixitdictator:

Francis Cole you could be my father.

I half enjoyed the ep, wasn't that WTF to me. Stupid how Michael on that basic boat 'got home'

more likely that there were people waiting out there who are part of the Others to take them back to the US and sneak them in without the authorities knowing.

no-one seems to have touched on michael being unable to kill himself. is this because they all have their destiny planned out and it wasn't the 'right' time for him to die?

also, when the helicopter pilot was excitedly telling michael about the oceanic wreck it didn't sound like they were on their way to kill the survivors. or was he just trying to get michael to reveal himself? ofc, ben could be lying and widmore might not really be planning to kill them all. If they were, then why turn off the poisonous gas, since they had gas masks?

Originally posted by BoroPhil:

no-one seems to have touched on michael being unable to kill himself. is this because they all have their destiny planned out and it wasn't the 'right' time for him to die?

also, when the helicopter pilot was excitedly telling michael about the oceanic wreck it didn't sound like they were on their way to kill the survivors. or was he just trying to get michael to reveal himself? ofc, ben could be lying and widmore might not really be planning to kill them all. If they were, then why turn off the poisonous gas, since they had gas masks?

possible the pilot has not been briefed about that. on a need to know basis if you will.

Originally posted by Anton:

If michael was recruited not knowing the full mission I'm sure a pilot could have been also. The huge clay pigeon shooting mercenary guys made it kind of clear that it wasnt just an intel mission.

Ben said that there were innocents aboard, the pilot and Dan are two.

Originally posted by Hexhamlad:

The episode was quite decent. I'm just pleased some time was spent clearing up the fake plane storyline.

Fake plane hasnt been 'cleared up'

Tom 'Mr Friendly' told Michael/Kevin that Charles Widmore paid for it

Capt Gault told Sayid and Desmond that Ben paid for it

Hows that cleared up?

in an interview, Carlton and the other dude, alluded the island may not be an island. I believe in the book IT an island is in fact a giant turtle that represented all that is good......it's something along those lines.

I mean i remember the island being hollow underneath when it tried to drag Locke down, something is clearly up.

Also they repeated "ancient civilization" a couple of times on the latest podcast, i get the impression the island is going to be revealed as the place that birthed man.....and is a giant judgment tool

Michael is hilariously naive or just asking for trouble taking this 'suicide mission'

If things dont go to plan, or he backs out, Ben knows where Walt is and can, again, use him to get what he wants from Michael.

The plot has meandered here and there but I want someone to put a bullet through Michael'shead so we can see more of the interesting, central characters like Locke and Sawyer.

MixedupMixperson - the producers confirmed it wasnt a form of purgatory, and the people werent dead as speculated, but they never said what it was.

I hope there is a rational explanation but its just not going to have one, the black smoke physically killed big Eko so that isnt some sort of hallucination.

why did bens group rely on michael to destroy the boat? surely there was a better option/person to do such an important job? i mean the boat would of found the island if it wasn't for michael, can't believe that he was there best option of destroying the boat tbh.

Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

Because, I believe, that Ben wanted information on the freighties, their operation, what they are planning etc - seemed like a good way to use a powerless pawn to get that information.

but it seemed such a crucial role with the islands future in the balance. ben seems to have alot of resources available and people willing to do anything for him so for him to ask michael to do it seemed wrong, felt like a way to get him back in the story line more than any logical reason.

Archived