The Lost Season 4 thread *for episodes aired in the US/abc.com* *season 3 spoilers and a mid-season cut-off guranteed*

rosslarkin

Originally posted by Jongi:

you really believe that's a satisfactory answer?

Yes, when you consider Lost is unrealistic on a minute-by-minute level. Plenty of nits to pick that aren't even attempted to be explained.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Andrew K:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jongi:

you really believe that's a satisfactory answer?

Yes, when you consider Lost is unrealistic on a minute-by-minute level. Plenty of nits to pick that aren't even attempted to be explained. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

did ben even give an explanation as to how sawyer wasn't killed given that he wouldn't let the door be opened for him?

I think I will call bs on this post

Tbf, Ben said they wanted Sawyer to return to the house so he would force Ben to surrender.

I like the comment that Hurley makes on the table. They're playing Risk and then he says "Austrailia is the key to the whole game" - next thing we have Widmore and Ben talking about the island in a kind of tug of war situation and didn't the plane take off from Austrailia? Linked?

It was alright...not as good as previous eps, basically because nothing really happened.

The Kate/Jack scenes were meh i thought, but I wonder what she's doing for Sawyer. Love Jack's paranoia towards the end...

Hurley saying "we're all dead" raises an interesting point...

Doubt we'll see Claire for a season or so now, being either dead, or living with Jacob/Christian/whoever

I thought it was pretty decent. Certainly very interesting that now at least 2 others can see Christian as well. Though one of them apparently can see the dead so I don't know if that holds much weight....

the only interesting thing it raised for me was the reminder about claire's bay having to be brought up by claire - hurley saying "you're (i assume plural) not meant to raise him". Which I guess raises the old question of why it has to be claire that raises him.

also found it quite ironic charlie saying to kate she is not related to aaron. when he (unknowingly) is.

but yeah certainly not an earth shattering episode. and have to agree with being disappointed about those guys having survived the smoke monster relatively unscathed. i'm sure there is an interesting theory about that floating about somewhere.

Well, smokey has always appeared to 'judge' people - so perhaps it judged the survivors of the attack to be decent enough people?

We obviously don't have much of an indication about how much control Ben has over it - although he called on Smokey, we don't know if he can actually have it act on his behalf.

Just watched it. 40 mins of utter *****. Nothing happened, even for a filler. Unless you count a noise in the woods, expecting it to be a monster then turns out not to be which we get every single week!

I wish Jack would die now as his backstory with his Dad is boring. Dont care if he sees his Dad all the time, its not interesting anymore after 4 seasons of the same thing. To say there is only 13 eps in the season you would think they wouldnt have time for filler, seems they do tho

i think the manner in which jack said kate wasnt related to aaron suggested he knows that he is.

also am i right in thinking that this weeks flashforward with kate and jack occurs BEFORE the flashforward we saw at the end of season 3 when he said we have to go back.

am more interested to know what happens to jack to get him to that point then some of the nonsense thats going on, on the island.

Originally posted by theboydonegood:

i think the manner in which jack said kate wasnt related to aaron suggested he knows that he is.

how would he possibly know that? unless there was a need to do some dna testing on the baby which would involve him. nothing suggests that thus far.

also am i right in thinking that this weeks flashforward with kate and jack occurs BEFORE the flashforward we saw at the end of season 3 when he said we have to go back.

yes it is before the season 3 finale flash forward.

am more interested to know what happens to jack to get him to that point then some of the nonsense thats going on, on the island.

my guess would be that things related to the island (eg seeing his father) happen to him in the outside world. In fact its quite likely he starts to have conversations with his father (like hurley does with charlie) that convince him they need to go back.

Originally posted by sean_oc16:

I think that is about the only key point from that episode. Can't imagine they'd leave it hanging so we may get an answer on that before the end of the season.

more key to the story would surely be what convinces her to leave aaron?

Originally posted by Paul Bacon:

Just watched it. 40 mins of utter *****. Nothing happened, even for a filler. Unless you count a noise in the woods, expecting it to be a monster then turns out not to be which we get every single week!

I wish Jack would die now as his backstory with his Dad is boring. Dont care if he sees his Dad all the time, its not interesting anymore after 4 seasons of the same thing. To say there is only 13 eps in the season you would think they wouldnt have time for filler, seems they do tho

mate, it sounds like your expecting miracles every episode. its just an in betweener, building up to something great. just you wait icon_smile.gif

Not a great episode, but Lost would get pretty boring if all the episodes tried to be mind-blowing. It still whet's the appetite for what's to come.

The stuff with Hurley is interesting (with him seeing Charlie previously) and Jack also seeing his dad, but not speaking to him yet. Noticeable that both times he saw his dad, it was the same lass at the hospital who pulled him back....

How many more episodes for this season do we have to go - another 3?

Originally posted by Mardy_Bum:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul Bacon:

mate, it sounds like your expecting miracles every episode. its just an in betweener, building up to something great. just you wait icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know not every episode can be amazing, but even for a filler it was poor. The whole Jack and his Dad thing has been done 100 times before (pretty much in very Jack flashback) so we dont need to see another one. Even a filler should have an interesting story to it, but this just didnt. The whole operation thing was boring and wasnt exactly dramatic

Originally posted by Jongi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theboydonegood:

how would he possibly know that? unless there was a need to do some dna testing on the baby which would involve him. nothing suggests that thus far.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed, but when I was watching the way he said 'you're not even related' it made me think he knew.

Originally posted by Francis Cole:

On the Jack-Arraon thing.

Is he Uncle, Step Uncle, Half-Uncle? What's the proper term for it?

Claire would be his half-sister? So if there is such a term as half-uncle then I would guess that's the one to go with.

Awsome.

Not sure how they can explain the fake death of Christian in order to get in a coffin, in order to be on the plane, in order to get on the island.

Or maybe he never was in the coffin.

Regarding Claire at the end, she looked different somhow - is Emilie de Ravin pregenent?

Originally posted by Stephen Wilson:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by champa:

How did the body of the doctor get there before the fly-over of the helicopter?

the crazy time jumps when going into the island, you have to enter at 305 degrees to get there safely (and presumably, without experiencing any time travel). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So in theory its quicker to swim to the boat than use a helicopter? my mind is melting

Archived