The Lost Season 4 thread *for episodes aired in the US/abc.com* *season 3 spoilers and a mid-season cut-off guranteed*

rosslarkin

Originally posted by Obaid Al-Dosary:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sean_oc16:

No, there will be a sixth season.

And that will be the last or are they still leaving it open for another series after that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no deffo the end

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jearm84:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Obaid Al-Dosary:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sean_oc16:

And that will be the last or are they still leaving it open for another series after that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no deffo the end </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No chance of a film release to end it all?

Originally posted by smirky:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jearm84:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Obaid Al-Dosary:

no deffo the end </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No chance of a film release to end it all? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah the series is interesting so no need to do a ******** cop out cash in where everyone meets up at a wedding

Originally posted by Annihilator666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by champa:

What do y'all reckon Sawyer whispered to Kate in the helicopter?

My guess is it's something to do with his daughter... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not even a question surrounding it tbh. After the Kate/Jack episode.

Originally posted by Jongi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bolton1987:

Anybody else think when Locke said "We have to move the island", he meant not just physically but in time?

moving the island is clearly a non-physical move. moving a land mass i would think is even beyond these writers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i continously undermine these writers

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOW

Loved it.

Widmore and Ben are constants.

Remember those two people that got bit by the spider and buried alive. What ever happen to them. Always thought they would come back.

I think Sun got the money from Widmore to buy her father out. Not sure why she wants control of the company. Widmore gave her the money so she could help him find the island cos she still thinks Jin isnt dead. Im getting this from the fact when she had the kid few months later she said "Jin!" Thinking Jin was back.

Micheal is dead and so is Jin. I don't think Jin has ever had a flash forward?

I have a feeling Jack is more powerful then Locke through his connection with Christian and that the whole island is really about him. There's hints I'm getting from that episode when he got his tattoos and the way he finally realised what locke told him was true on the rift. And the fact he is the only one that strongly wants to go back to the island. Locke to me is a messenger to convince Jack to stay on the island. Locke doesn't convince hurly, Kate or any other character.

When Ban killed that guy with the radio thingy connect to his heart. He knew what he was doing. Ben won't do something out of emotion. He said before he always had a plan. He killed that guy cos he didn't want anyone off the island.

How did locke get off the island and into the coffin like that?

Hurly has a 6th sense. All the time doctors thought he was mentally ill but he can has the power to see and talk to dead people.

I don't even understand what happen to Claire. Is she dead? Think she is. But how? why? She was laying down asleep then the next minute she's talking to Christian?

Who is Annie?

I think Sayid is the one who kills Penny.

Me and the girlfriend must have watched a different episode/series to everyone else here. It was such a poor ending to an average season.

For all the talk of anwers, we've learned very little. They just do the same old trick of inventing new mysteries rather than solve the old ones. In this finale we had events but we got no explanations.

It's a mug's game that they've managed to keep people watching for 4 series, we all must be mental. I'm thinking of just giving it up.

I mean, seriously, Claire wakes up in the middle of the night, abandons her baby to walk off with her dead dad to sit in some haunted hut and we don't even get a semblance of an explanation. It's ridiculous.

That's just one of a hundred similarly preposterous events throughout the four series that have passed without explanation, far too many for them to ever be answered. If you watch series one back through you just get reminded of all the quesions you had back them that they never bothered to answer. The only reason you've forgotten them is because they've invented some new ones.

It's an impossible job to spin out this conceit for 6 or seven series. It could have been amazing if they'd decided where they were going from the off and stuck to it rather than this ramshackle, badly written, farce. The vast majority of you here have far too much faith in the writers.

It's fairly obvious that it's just a drip feed of the odd bit of information, surrounded by an awful lot of stuff that lets loads of internet geeks discuss possible meanings when in reality no-one will ever know the answer. Just a shame, for me, that so few of the characters remain interesting. Daniel and Ben the only two I'm bothered about now (still remaining hopeful they don't drag Desmond into this "back to the island" nonsense. I know they probably will, but I retain hope).

I don't care about most of the answers tbh. It's great great viewing in general. So many episodes have just been outrageously good, I don't ever want it to end.

Season 2 opening scene and the whole of the season 3 finale were the best moments imo.

Disappointed with the S4 finale, didn't have me gripped like the previous ones. We knew pretty much everything that was going to happen, barring the death of Locke.

Originally posted by Champo:

So blatantly that icy cave is where the Polar Bear escaped in season 1. Is it too much to think that maybe the bears were the ones that moved the wheel?

Great ending though, cant wait to see what happens with Locke. icon14.gif

haha when did Lost turn into narnia? icon_biggrin.gif

Locke may not be dead.....could be a dummy/trick to lure them back to the island...

Regardless we've got a full 3 years of island life with Locke there..interesting.

Also, that the fella who met Locke as a boy, hasn't really aged at all. The Dharma guy

Originally posted by prong:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Don Baker:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MixitupMixitdictator:

Apparently IRL Michaels actor is ****ed at not getting closure

-

Interview with him here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perrineau: Listen, if I'm being really candid, there are all these questions about how they respond to black people on the show. Sayid gets to meet Nadia again, and Desmond and Penny hook up again, but a little black boy and his father hooking up, that wasn't interesting? Instead, Walt just winds up being another fatherless child. It plays into a really big, weird stereotype and, being a black person myself, that wasn't so interesting.

CRINGE. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh god the racism card. How original lol

icon_biggrin.gif

Ridiculous. As if people care more about an Iraqi than a black. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I mean, seriously, Claire wakes up in the middle of the night, abandons her baby to walk off with her dead dad to sit in some haunted hut and we don't even get a semblance of an explanation.

If you are still watching it now thinking everything going to be sensible and we'll always get answers I suggest you give up now.

icon_smile.gif

Things like the numbers we are never going to find out what they mean. That doesn't make all the times they were on the show any less memorial though (imo)

to Ando:

why do you want answers anyway mate? makes it so much better if i don't know what the hell is going on and something mindblowingly crazy occurs. eg the island moves for some unexplained reason.

i'm afraid unanswered questions and lots of action is what Lost is all about.

I dont want no spoiler action and not caught up yet but I was under the impression there were 16 episodes in this season ?

TV.com lists the 'finale' this week and it's 13 and 14 double-episode by the looks of it. Is that right ? Maybe I got my numbers mixed up with the strike and the 16s are the remaining series after this one ?

Ah, right, couldnt remember if the strike reduced the numbers on this series to 14 or if it went from an original 24 down to 16 for this one

Basically, it's over anyway, just wanted to make sure i'm getting the finale and not missed anything icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Mardy_Bum:

yeah it went from 24 to 16 originally before the strike. i'm not sure what they're doing for the next season, whether they'll keep it at 16 or add 2 more episodes.

24 to 16 for this season, right ? But it's finished on 14 unless i am going mad ?

Originally posted by Jongi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jongi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bolton1987:

Anybody else think when Locke said "We have to move the island", he meant not just physically but in time?

moving the island is clearly a non-physical move. moving a land mass i would think is even beyond these writers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i continously undermine these writers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But I think you're right. In my opinon the island hasn't physically moved.

Originally posted by RedRob:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jongi:

But I think you're right. In my opinon the island hasn't physically moved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We saw the Island disappear from it's current position? icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by Red_Hector:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fred_the_Red:

Hurly has a 6th sense. All the time doctors thought he was mentally ill but he can has the power to see and talk to dead people.

Like the mad Chink? Interesting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The "chink" you are referring, Miles has the ability to communicate with ghosts. Not see them.

The whole Claire and her dad story line is stupid to me. She walks out without a care for her baby.

The wheel turning thing to activate the time warp is lame to be honest. It makes me think the whole time machine thing is man made rather then a natural property of the island as it should be.

Just as long as the final episode ends with a tracking shot of the inside of a plane passing loads of the characters in the show (losties, others, Dharma, non-island people etc etc) to focus on Jack waking up, looking startled / confused, shaking his head, giving it a big ‘WTF’ look before the plane starts to violently shake – cut to black.

As an alternative ending, have him doing the same, but on the beach, being licked by the dog.

Originally posted by The_Fish:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedRob:

But I think you're right. In my opinon the island hasn't physically moved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We saw the Island disappear from it's current position? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which in my mind is because it was no longer visable due to the resetting of the time warp.

Their plane crashed on the isalnd when the 108 minute button wasn't pushed, and the island became visible at that exact moment.

Then, when Locke decided to stop pushing the button, and Desmond turned the key, the time warp was completely de-activated and the island visible/accessible again.

Just as when the hatch blew up, the same white light and noise filled the sky when Ben turned the wheel, resetting the time warp and making the island inaccesible once again. Except this time there is no 108 button to push, leaving the island open to another 'incedent' which it was brought in to stop.

Originally posted by James07?:

Just as long as the final episode ends with a tracking shot of the inside of a plane passing loads of the characters in the show (losties, others, Dharma, non-island people etc etc) to focus on Jack waking up, looking startled / confused, shaking his head, giving it a big ‘WTF’ look before the plane starts to violently shake – cut to black.

As an alternative ending, have him doing the same, but on the beach, being licked by the dog.

I'm assuming you have seen the Lost: Via Domus ending?

Originally posted by Rekwob Toille:

i loved the 'where are the answers' complaints, makes me feel superior that im watching not wanting it to end, and they're watching it purely for the end

Agreed.

If you're watching for the answers, just stop watching and pick up your t.v guide every week.

I'm still watching because it's a damn entertaining 40 minutes of t.v

has there been any explanation as to the time differences between Ben turning the wheel, then waking up in Tunisia.

Date on the island is end December 2004.

Date when Ben checks into hotel is October 2005.

yeah perhaps ben waking up in tunisia, is exactly right after he turns that wheel, would explain why he didnt know the dates, and what was he wearing does anyone know, be interesting to see that episode again.

Lost Season 4 has been excellent for me, bar the odd poor episode, overall, the standard has been excellent, be interesting to see now what happens in regards to the oceanic six, i take it the show will still revolve around the island as we still have half the cast there, but waht about jack and co, will it fill in on there lifes and them trying to adapt back to normal life again?

and even though locke has died in the flash forwards, its still gonna centre around him on the island leading the others so i dont think its far from over for him, interestsing to see what the very bad things were that happened when they left

Originally posted by The_Fish:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I'm assuming you have seen the Lost: Via Domus ending? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

btw, is it worth getting the game? its dirt cheap in virgin atm

Originally posted by Dying Dougs:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Fish:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I'm assuming you have seen the Lost: Via Domus ending? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

btw, is it worth getting the game? its dirt cheap in virgin atm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depends how cheap. It's not terrible, but it is very short.

Originally posted by Dying Dougs:

yeah perhaps ben waking up in tunisia, is exactly right after he turns that wheel, would explain why he didnt know the dates, and what was he wearing does anyone know, be interesting to see that episode again.

Lost Season 4 has been excellent for me, bar the odd poor episode, overall, the standard has been excellent, be interesting to see now what happens in regards to the oceanic six, i take it the show will still revolve around the island as we still have half the cast there, but waht about jack and co, will it fill in on there lifes and them trying to adapt back to normal life again?

and even though locke has died in the flash forwards, its still gonna centre around him on the island leading the others so i dont think its far from over for him, interestsing to see what the very bad things were that happened when they left

Ahh I can't believe I didn't link Ben waking up in Tunisia to the moment after he turned the weel. icon_redface.gif

No idea how that slipped past...

it's definitely straight after the wheel-turning, but do we know how long it takes him to get from the middle of the desert to the hotel? I can't really remember how he looked checking in, was he still cut up?

Archived