The Lost Season 4 thread *for episodes aired in the US/abc.com* *season 3 spoilers and a mid-season cut-off guranteed*

rosslarkin

Originally posted by J4m1e:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doobyah!?:

interesting thst dominic monohagn (sp?) didn't get credited for his appearance... was he the guy at the end?

Yep </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha what? icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent season opener. Hurley very good and some decent-sub plots but like Andrew said, wasn't that oh my god moment, just a good feeling that lost is back icon14.gif

Oh, and for me the 'Oceanic 6' are definitely the people off Jacobs list when our Losties got kidnapped (well we know 3 of them are) which hints at the others having a hand in their 'rescue'

Originally posted by Santa, look at my pert arse!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by atlgunner:

oops, this is AJ - I'm on my friend's laptop who's a lurker.

The truth comes out - Andy's an Arsenal fan icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Barça or die, sire.

Originally posted by Stephen Wilson:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J4m1e:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doobyah!?:

interesting thst dominic monohagn (sp?) didn't get credited for his appearance... was he the guy at the end?

Yep </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha what? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that was the big icon_eek.gif to end the episode

good start to the season, nothing amazing though icon14.gif

can't believe that somebody though the guy at the end was Charlie though, they've spent a whole episode with flashforwards and present day on the island stuff talking about his demise and they are going to go and say "nah he was on the freighter all along" icon_biggrin.gif

It was one of the better episodes about an 8/10 episode I would say. Strange how they keep changing the main focus of things. For example Season 1 for the main we thought just was the integral part of things then it moved to Henry Gale/ Ben then ofcourse it became clear Locke had an important role in season 3. Now it appears Hurley will be the basis of a lot of strange goings on this season. I can't see them dropping the Locke connection with the island though, too much ground work has been put in.

Originally posted by jhype:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Willigogs:

THIS also starts making a lot more sense since the last episode too, seeing as it was Cristian in the rocking chair...

Ha!Never seen that before. That is bizarre </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cristian in the chair im convinced is just an easter egg just like the Dharma logo on the shark

Originally posted by Paul Bacon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jhype:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Willigogs:

THIS also starts making a lot more sense since the last episode too, seeing as it was Cristian in the rocking chair...

Cristian in the chair im convinced is just an easter egg just like the Dharma logo on the shark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too big a thing to be an easter egg though don't you think?

Originally posted by jhype:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul Bacon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jhype:

Cristian in the chair im convinced is just an easter egg just like the Dharma logo on the shark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too big a thing to be an easter egg though don't you think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really. You see it for what, literally a frame? No one is going to see that unless you go through the program frame by frame like alot do. I never saw it watching the program

Dharma logo on the shark could have been a big thing, and thats why the writers had to come out and say it was just an easter egg nothing more

I suppose but even if it is for just a little split second, it's hardly comparable in the grand scale of the show to a logo on a shark. Christian Shephard has been a major talking point since very early in the show and I don't think the writers can just throw away a moment like this as simply an easter egg.

can't believe that somebody though the guy at the end was Charlie though

not charlie, i said dominic. i just thought they'd used him for a different actor, which could explain how "charlie" appeared to hurley, without resorting to him being "imaginary".

It did look like Charlie tbf, and I'm sure that was the idea, they like sticking in random characters who look similar to regulars.

Didn't think it was a great start to the season, bit low key, but definitely set it up nicely.

Oceanic 6 surely means only six are going to survive, but which 6?

Kate, Jack, Hurley...

Oceanic 6 surely means only six are going to survive, but which 6?

When you say survive you mean leave the island, yes?

Thats how ive took it with Jack wanting to go back and the way Hurley reacted to "the rest are still alive arent they".

Originally posted by sean_oc16:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Oceanic 6 surely means only six are going to survive, but which 6?

Kate, Jack, Hurley...

Sawyer, Michael, Walt to get off the island alive imo.

Think some others like Loche might live but stay on the Island. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Locke will never leave by choice.

Originally posted by antbanach II:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sean_oc16:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Oceanic 6 surely means only six are going to survive, but which 6?

Kate, Jack, Hurley...

Sawyer, Michael, Walt to get off the island alive imo.

Think some others like Loche might live but stay on the Island. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Locke will never leave by choice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless he feels he has served his purpose? Possibly of saving the island/Jacob?

Originally posted by BoroPhil:

FFS LET'S NOT TALK ABOUT WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN FUTURE EPISODES PLEASE?

such a blanket statement is idiotic.

I have no problem in not posting specific spoilers from upcoming episodes. in fact, I won't do that. anyone with a heartbeat, however, knows that we're going to figure out who got off the island this half-season.

I agree with BoroPhil. We've always had a strict policy on spoilers in Lost threads. Discuss the previous episodes. Discuss your speculation on future episodes. Don't discuss previews, future episodes you've seen, or anything else that is outside knowledge of the show that reflects future events.

Originally posted by Andrew K:

I agree with BoroPhil. We've always had a strict policy on spoilers in Lost threads. Discuss the previous episodes. Discuss your speculation on future episodes. Don't discuss previews, future episodes you've seen, or anything else that is outside knowledge of the show that reflects future events.

so the Oceanic Six WASN'T mentioned in the first episode?

I'm confused right now. it doesn't matter anyway, this thread'll get closed when the mods realize all of the Brits are pirating the episodes anyway.

yeah the dude who wrote we find out that 'obviously' the new people arent just here for a save, thats an annoying spoiler no matter how obvious

My views were i didn't like the fact Hurley said the 'six' kind of took part of the fun away for me.

One thing i didn't like but could end up liking is how Hurley said he didn't know Ana Lucia----is this because he has to forget about her/not mention island events.

OR time 'stood still' during the moments on the Island and he's not allowed to mention her....i.e she 'died' on plane crash impact

Rest of it i LOVED IT

Archived