The Lost Season 4 thread *for episodes aired in the US/abc.com* *season 3 spoilers and a mid-season cut-off guranteed*

rosslarkin

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Roj Blake:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul Bacon:

I dont think we will ever know about the polar bear. Just one of those things that keeps running and running throughout the lifetime of Lost

Yup - wasn't there also something that Sayid and Jin saw when on the boat. It was a statue of a foot on the beach, IIRC? The writers always seem to throw a red herring in every now and then. Keeps folk guessing. I'm still waiting to find out as to what the black smoke is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The statue was shown again during the recap shown before the first espisode of this season. I remember reading a theory about this, the statue only had four toes which seems odd. It appears the only 'record' of a something like this would of been found on a mythical sunken continent.

As for the Dharma collar; I have been arguing about this with my mate for ages. He claims that collar has been there for possibly a million years. But surely logic tells us that if it has 'dharma' written on it then surely it has quite modern. Cleary if it is that old then dharma go back a lot further than science labs.

In the last episode it mentions the sunda shelf.

This area lost millions of square miles of land at the end of the last ice age, with rising sea levels etc.

Is it likely that the lost island is something to do with that and some sort of pre-civilisation?

Evolution does not occur in a straight line so could it be that this pre-civilisation had some sort of knowledge etc that is important to the freighters and the island?

“Lost†showrunner Carlton Cuse says the fourth season of his acclaimed sci-fi drama will be no more than 13 episodes this season, cut down from an order of 16 due to the writers’ strike expected to end today.

Eight episodes were scripted before the strike. Cuse hopes to produce five more to air this spring.

It sounds like Cuse and the rest of the “Lost†writing staff will end the fourth season at the same story point they always intended, cramming eight episodes of plot into the season’s final five installments.

“We will have to condense some stories,†Cuse tells The Hollywood Reporter.

From an unnamed source.

NEW YORK (AP) - Damon Lindelof is eager for some answers. An executive producer of ABC’s mystery serial “Lost,†he should learn this week what his show’s future holds as it closes out its fourth season.

“Lost†has been back on the air just two weeks. But the strike meant a planned 16-episode shooting schedule was halted after just eight episodes were shot. Fans braced themselves for no more this season.

“But we very much want to come back and do as many episodes as possible,†said Lindelof, who then listed a few issues that first need to be settled.

“How many episodes can best serve our story? And what are the production realities?†He noted that the shooting facility in Hawaii, 2,500 miles from his Los Angeles office, had been shuttered since Thanksgiving. The crew has dispersed, the huge cast has scattered.

The first new post-strike episode of “Lost†could possibly be ready for broadcast the week after episode eight appears, he said. There likely would be three or four more after that.

Could there be even more?

“I’d be surprised if the network wanted to air episodes deep into the summer,†he said. But if all the pieces fell into place, “Lost†fans would be blessed: “I don’t see why we couldn’t deliver all eight remaining episodes.â€

That kind of zeal should warm viewers’ hearts. Lindelof and the rest of TV’s creative community seem delighted to be back.

Almost as delighted as we are.

Source: ODI

Basically, no one actually knows whats happening yet.

Originally posted by JBS:

TBH seeing as they have said that Episode 8 ends at a logical point for a gap I think I might be happier if they left it there and show the other 8 in September than if they decided to try and cram it in,

I wouldn't mind that either but TV producers/actors probably would.

They made a good point on the Lostcase about Kate, and why is isnt part of the Oceanic 6. Alot seem to thinkk she was just because she was in the flashforward.

They said that the term "Oceanic 6" is a made up name by the media for the group that got off the island. If they're all over the media, surely the police would have arrested and locked up Kate for murder? She clearly got off the island, but it doesnt mean she was part of the 6. There could be another group that got off too that have been kept secret

Originally posted by JK Galgreefe:

er, nothing much. could have something to do with the magnetic field on the island, perhaps. don't really know enough about physics to say what would cause light to scatter oddly.

Magnetic field wouldn't affect the light directly, but could cause variation in the atmospheric magnetoplasma which in turn could have a subtle effect on the appearance of scattered light, in a similar manner to the northern lights, for example. New that electrical engineering degree would come in useful for something!

Great episode again, going to have to watch it again in the morning to catch everything. The guy Sayid shot at the gold course didn't have one of those bracelets did he?

Not sure how correct this is, but we're supposedly going to have a six week break in the middle of this season;

Lost is back! Oh, wait, that happened two weeks ago.

What I mean is, Lost will be back-back, after the strike. And even better, we've just checked in with inside sources, and we have dates! Yes, dates! So, break out your calendars, 'cause we're hearing this is the approved plan:

The last episode of the current pod (episode seven) will air Mar. 13. Then the show will be off the air a little more than a month and return Apr. 17 at 9 p.m.

(That Apr. 17 episode will be the already-completed episode eight, which was filmed prestrike, but which apparently works much better as a minipremiere than it does as a minifinale.)

Anyhoo, the following week, on Thurs., Apr. 24, a little show called Grey's Anatomy returns to its usual 9 p.m. time slot, so Lost will move to 10 p.m., where it will stay for the rest of the season.

"Yippee" just doesn't do it justice, does it?

To find out what this all means for the season-four story, I checked in with my personal Jesus, Damon Lindelof, who explains how his writing team plans to squish the eight episodes of plot they had planned into only five more episodes.

"We are going to execute our full story plan for season four," D.L. says. "This simply requires a shift from high-octane storytelling to superhigh-octane storytelling. It requires no cramming, only a slightly heavier foot on the gas pedal...so, hold on to your hats. Those of you waiting for the long-anticipated Jin and Hurley Ping-Pong tournament, however, will be very disappointed."

Link

My theory:

Ben is purging again, and will take 6 people with him off the Island. Not sure why he has picked who he has. We will find that bit out. He's too clever to not have a plan right now.

Sayid or the big scary black man will kill the other. I hope Sayid survives.

Personally think E2 was better, not sure why but it just feels that way. Not to say that this ep wasn't good.

No big surprise finding out that Sayid was working for Ben at the end, easy to tell from the phone calls that Sayid was talking to Ben.

Nice to see that we won't have to wait long for the rest of the season but I think I'd prefer to have the 8 whole episodes instead of them being cut down.

I think that after the group split they all went back to the beach, whilst jack and kate saw the helicopter and went after it, so Desmond would have been at the beach with the rest of the group when Juliet went there and took him back with her to Jack and presumably the rest are still on the beach.

Originally posted by Herman Bloom:

Can't remember, just wondered why Juliet went off to the beach, and just came back with Desmond. Meant Desmond was at the beach on his own and can't recall when/why that happened.

I think Desmond has just been at the beach since ep 1, when he returned from the underwater station

Originally posted by Herman Bloom:

Can't remember, just wondered why Juliet went off to the beach, and just came back with Desmond. Meant Desmond was at the beach on his own and can't recall when/why that happened.

Or with the rest of Jacks gang tbf. Doesn't mean he was alone.

I liked the time discrepancy being shown to exist, as nothing would really have made sense otherwise. It was blatant to me that more than three months had passed. Interestingly enough, the Red Sox won the World Series in both 2004 and 2007, making me think that time in the real world is three years ahead, however that may work. Although perhaps people have expected a time warp like this for a long time, and I'm just slow to catch on?

And indeed, "Michael?" was my first thought at the end of last week's episode. Harold Perrineaus name in the credit makes it not too hard to guess though.

I also don't think Kate is part of the Oceanic 6. Desmond might be; after all he can go back to a normal life and has a story could work, about the boat. Kate would surely go straight to jail?

All this confuses me though. Who is Cedric Daniels working for? Why did Naomi have the picture? Who is Ben really? And about a gazillion questions more...

This time thing just gets more confusing. How can they radio in real-time but not send objects? The three years might be a bit much, but 100 days seems not enough, would be cool if it was 2007/8 though.

I think a fair summary would be to say that I have no idea about anything anymore.

Sorry for the multiple posts.

Archived