The Lost Season 4 thread *for episodes aired in the US/abc.com* *season 3 spoilers and a mid-season cut-off guranteed*

rosslarkin

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I notice in the UK thread people are saying it must mean Claire died if Kate has her Baby now. I don't think it means that at all.

Claire for whatever reason may have decided to stay on the island, however wanted the Baby to grow up off the island so gave it to Kate. Or Kate thinking it was a stupid decision by Claire to stay simply took the baby.

Originally posted by J4m1e:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klimowicz:

sorry, i missed what she called he son (if it had any significance)???

Aaron, i.e Claire's Aaron. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

daaaang icon_biggrin.gif

Wasn't it Boxing Day in that episode? Tsunami has got to be taken into account surely, so perhaps that may have something to do witht he chopper...more than likely the time thing though.

Also, first thing I thought was Claire must have stayed back/died when it was revealed to be Aaron. Think that is why Kate was reluctant to bring Aaron into the court room in case her credibility as mother was brought into question.

Originally posted by Jongi:

Before this season started didn't the writers say there wqould be 2 seasons of 16 episodes (making it 32 in total)?

Nope - they wanted to do 2 full seasons of 23/4 episodes, but ABC supposedly talked them into splitting it into 3 seasons of 16 (48) instead so they can no doubt drag it our even longer icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Francis Cole:

I notice in the UK thread people are saying it must mean Claire died if Kate has her Baby now. I don't think it means that at all.

Claire for whatever reason may have decided to stay on the island, however wanted the Baby to grow up off the island so gave it to Kate. Or Kate thinking it was a stupid decision by Claire to stay simply took the baby.

Or Ben wanted her to stay because she had a baby in the island.

As has been said, pretty dumbed down episode to signify the fact that it wasn't Kate's baby. Before the Aaron reveal, I had thought it was Sawyers and thats why Jack wouldn't see it but another curve ball from the writers.

To me, Daniels cards were just a memory thing, as he looked frustrated more than anything.

Sayid not arriving on the boat is obviously due to the time warp thing. I'd like to know the date when they were in court too!

I'm starting to think that Ben is the major force behind getting the '6' off the island. Obviously he's off too, but I don't think we can include him in the 6 as he was very clearly 'wanted'.

The only thing annoying me is I can't see any permutation where Jack would leave others behind unless they were dead, which is highly unlikely with Kate's 'we have to go back' from the S3 finale.

So we've got the definites of the '6' as Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sayid. I'm inclined to include Sun and Jin with them. Opinions?

i reckon way more than 6 end up getting off the island, but only 6 are rescued - and it's the six that agree to be part of the cover up. everyone else is left to fend for themselves, and for some of them that will involve getting off the island by their own devices.

i'm including sayid, desmond and of course ben in the latter category.

JK the flaw in omre than 6 getting off is to assume the press would ignore the other families that were affected by the crash. which would mean that any losties that get off the island and are not part of the oceanic six would have to live the rest of their lives in hiding. i don't think it's plausible to suggest that there are other losties who are off the island and its not known.

unless you think they are in some sort of holding area.

the press wouldn't necessarily know anything about the other escapees. essentially all they will know is what oceanic have told them, which is the sanitised version jack told in the courtroom.

as for living in hiding, it's pretty obvious ben can change his identity quite easily (judging from the fake passports in his house on the island). sayid would have been taken into hiding / had his identity hidden by ben so he could work as an assassin. desmond could quite easily disappear off into the sunset with penny presuming she actually finds him. her organisation probably has enough resources to keep him safe.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So we've got the definites of the '6' as Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sayid. I'm inclined to include Sun and Jin with them. Opinions

And Aaron ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aaron wasn’t a passenger.

I think Jack and the rest are lying because they want to protect the island (that's why Jack met Hurley). Maybe Locke has replaced Ben in the Island.

Jack would leave the others behind because he believes in the Island or Jacob or Ben. I don’t know, maybe he saw his father.

Oceanic 6 seems like such a convenient term, seeing as it leaves open the possibility of Ben, Aaron (both confirmed) and Desmond being off the island because they weren't on the plane when it crashed. Even someone like Mikhail could be publically-known to be part of the rescued group without being part of the Oceanic 6. Maybe the term 'Oceanic 6' was coined by the media when the survivors sued the airline (or something else not directly implying that only 6 people were recovered from the island.) Francis - why would they include someone born on the island as one of the 'OCEANIC 6'? It seems likely that whatever conspiracy's in place to protect the island would have to preclude them from admitting that there was anyone living on the island already.

Ben's represented as having the resources to keep himself insulated from the media and Desmond, through Penny, does likewise. Aaron, as a child, might have excluded attention of the press. Another possibility is that Aaron and/or Ben don't come off the island at the same time as the other 6 and thus aren't included in the group, which might help explain Aaron's strange size.

Just jumping into this thread to ask.....when Kate says to Jack about "until you see him we cant have coffee" Is she definatly talking about the child??? I thought that at first but maybe she could be talking about someone else??? maybe Ben? the big tall black bloke that was stalking Hurley(cant remember his name)??? is their anything confirming the child?

I guess Jack’s reluctance to see the child and his desperation to get back to the island are connected to a decision that he made or was party to that determined who went and who stayed. We’ve no evidence that the Oceanic 6 are the only survivors – in fact everything points to the opposite...we also don't know how many got off the island...all the talk of the Oceanic 6 has been in public...so there probably could be more that got off but equally the bulk might still be there.

It may be irrelevant because of all the time anomaly malarkey but have we any indication of the time elapsed between the ‘on-island’ events and the flash-forwards?

Who said he was? The oceanic 6 or whatever it is seems to be a media (in the series) coined phrase, and in real life they would most likly count someone born on the island as a survivor I think.

In the trial, Jack said that only eight survived the crash. Then he said that Kate tried to save the other two, meaning that two died in the island. Those survivors are the Oceanic 6.

Originally posted by Hexhamlad:

I doubt it would be been in the coffin. Unless everything is dragged out and that is near the end of the final season. Otherwise it leaves them nowhere to go really.

I think you are doing the writing team a disservice there.

Why's that hexhamlad? If, theoretically, the Oceanic 6 get off the island at the end of this series, then the Jack/Kate confrontation from the end of series 3 happens at the end of the 5th series (prompted by the death of Ben,) then the final series will be their return to the island and the resolution with whomever this mysterious person is who wanted Ben dead. Even if it isn't that mysterious character who becomes the focus of the series, there are other people who could take over from Ben in terms of significant characters - the non-aging Other Richard, Jacob or Christian Shepard.

Originally posted by The_Fish:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hexhamlad:

I doubt it would be been in the coffin. Unless everything is dragged out and that is near the end of the final season. Otherwise it leaves them nowhere to go really.

I think you are doing the writing team a disservice there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really. But granted there would be somewhere to go I'm just talking about what I want to see. Unless it's just lots of Ben but through flashbacks in other people's pespective.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Fish:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hexhamlad:

I think you are doing the writing team a disservice there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really. But granted there would be somewhere to go I'm just talking about what I want to see. Unless it's just lots of Ben but through flashbacks in other people's pespective. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You basically have no clue all the directions the writers can take the show.

I'm just saying what I want to see, thought that would be clear by now. Everything in this season has suggested Ben is the key figure.

Why are you contradicting yourself in the same post?! If you want Ben to stay alive, that's fine, but you instantly add statements that make it seem as if you're trying to justify the claim that Ben can't be in the coffin. He can EASILY die, there's not a single character that cannot feasibly die considering the swerves that Lost has thrown at us so far. You say that 'they'd have nowhere to go' if he died which is completely incorrect. If he dies, there DOESN'T necessarily have to be 'lots of Ben in other people's flashbacks.' NOTHING in this season has suggested that Ben cannot die.

RedRob: Jack was supposed to die after 3 episodes (IIRC) too, yet they've managed to build quite a lot of the programme around him, Kate/Sawyer, Jack and Locke as embodiments of two attitudes etc.

Originally posted by Nucampe:

RedRob: Jack was supposed to die after 3 episodes (IIRC) too, yet they've managed to build quite a lot of the programme around him, Kate/Sawyer, Jack and Locke as embodiments of two attitudes etc.

Jack was meant to die in the pilot. The bit where they find the pilot up the tree dead, that was meant to be Jack. If they'd went down that route Jack was going to be played by Michael Keaton. They talk about on one of the extras on the first season boxset.

Well exactly, im saying that the death of Ben wouldnt leave the writers with nowhere to go. Ben is by the far the best character for me, so its certainly a good choice of the writers to keep him on.

Archived