[Release] The Darkness

BobMUFC08

Welcome everyone, firstly i have to thank all the skinners who gave me inspiration from their skins. This skin is consisted of my favourite bits of other skinners skins (due to redistribution rules each and every file has of course been modified), again I would like to say thanks and if any skinner feels unhappy about something included in the skin please PM me saying what it is and ill do my best to make both parties happy:D

That's not entirely true, as I can see graphics in there from other skins, including some of my own, that you have not asked for permission to use and have not changed.

I copy and paste my commentary in your Sortitoutsi thread :

Hi BobMUFC08,

I'm sorry but this is very frustrating. You used my graphics, i.e :

-Boxes

-Buttons

-Tables

-Tables/heading

-Tree

-Collapse/expand

Some of this graphics take me hours, you can't use this without my permission. There is no readme or credits file quoting me into your skin.. There is no thanks.. It doesn't work like that..

I advise to make your own skin creation, if you want to become a good skinner..

I don't use the word "steal" because I understand that you start and that you aren't necessarily aware of the "Rules"..

I will not ask to remove the download link, but this does not happen again a second time..

Best Regards,

Anthemon

EDIT : I just realize that you have sent me private message on the SI forums that you was asked permission to use my tree graphics.. You should still waited my reply or not use this graphics .. In addition to other graphics you didn't ask anyway..

Sorry Anthe I understand that it takes you ages to make graphics and i was going to mention you as soon as you gave me permission but i got a bit impatient and released it anyway. Thanks for being so understanding. Ill say thanks in both downloads. Sorry again :thup:

Heres an updated version on the darkness anyway (snipped until version 2 released)

One or two issues:

The search bar overlaps - doesn't look great, to be honest

On the new screen, with the dark background, you can't see which 'news item' is highlighted.

Those small changes would make it much better.

I agree about the search box and i should have it fixed soon, about the news screen though can you tell me what colour the selected news item is highlighted? (on mine its a light white but ive already done some editing and i cant remember what colour it was before)

Anyway new download link has been added let me know if its fixed the news screen

snipped again

Thats the old one, plus graphics i used in it i obtained permission for afterwards so dont stick your noses into something you know nothing about.

Also what have I used from Steklo because you've puzzled me with that one, ive never even had Steklo on my system.

Users have a right to stick their noses in if they suspect the use of another person's work without permission. That's community. There seems to be a lot of question marks around this and you admit to using other people's work, releasing THEN asking. You don't exactly help yourself.

If your screenshots are of the old version then why are they still there anyway? You can edit posts and add new screenies.

Can you provide me with proof (PM from other users etc) that you have permission for EVERY graphic used from other skins?

Users have a right to stick their noses in if they suspect the use of another person's work without permission. That's community. There seems to be a lot of question marks around this and you admit to using other people's work, releasing THEN asking. You don't exactly help yourself.

If your screenshots are of the old version then why are they still there anyway? You can edit posts and add new screenies.

Can you provide me with proof (PM from other users etc) that you have permission for EVERY graphic used from other skins?

The new one isnt ready to be released, the screenshots are there because of the current version thats there for download. Both Murray and Anthe have given me permission for the graphics which I have used. I had asked first initially but released before getting a response which understandable is what their posts are about. Also the reason I say stick their nose in is because they can only read what is on thiis forum and not PM's. I'll forward you all my sent and recieved messages.

The new one isnt ready to be released, the screenshots are there because of the current version thats there for download. Both Murray and Anthe have given me permission for the graphics which I have used. I had asked first initially but released before getting a response which understandable is what their posts are about. Also the reason I say stick their nose in is because they can only read what is on thiis forum and not PM's. I'll forward you all my sent and recieved messages.

To tell the truth, you didn't ask me in advance and then rlease it before you had my permission to use my graphics. You specifically told me that you didn't bother asking for my prior permission because you didn't think I would reply...

To tell the truth, you didn't ask me in advance and then rlease it before you had my permission to use my graphics. You specifically told me that you didn't bother asking for my prior permission because you didn't think I would reply...

Yeah well im having this thread closed down anyway whatever the story, i cant be bothered, dont think that i was trying to steal your graphic though because i wasnt, i just wanted to make a skin whiich included some of the best bits of the community and then give the credit to everyone, sadly that didnt materialise. O i think ive miswrote something aswell because it was Anthe I asked in advance not you.

Archived