Celtic League (All Ireland + Wales)

joey6

Hi I'm going to merge Ireland, Northern Ireland and Wales leagues, and use the Irish League. Obviously its to improve standards of players, but how much should each club start with and how big should the stadiums be?

Good idea... but I would use the Welsh League as the basis as the Irish and N. Irish leagues also compete in a combined cup comp...

There are less teams to mess about with in Wales so you could keep the top 6 Welsh sides and add in 6 from N. Ireland and Ireland. You'd also need to move N.I and IRE clubs into the lower league in Wales so that they could be promoted/relegated.

Basically, all you'd need to do is increase the rep of each club and the cash. Also, you'd need to increase average attendance, etc.

I was going to do this, but I'm far too lazy! I was going to call the league the WIN Premier League (i.e. Wales Irealand Northern Ireland Premier League)

Hey mate , you could try basing it on the celtic rugby league, something different,

Thats basically what im doing and where i drew inspiration, i think the 3 national teams in the comp would benefit from having 1 top flight league and a lower league.

Good idea... but I would use the Welsh League as the basis as the Irish and N. Irish leagues also compete in a combined cup comp...

There are less teams to mess about with in Wales so you could keep the top 6 Welsh sides and add in 6 from N. Ireland and Ireland. You'd also need to move N.I and IRE clubs into the lower league in Wales so that they could be promoted/relegated.

Basically, all you'd need to do is increase the rep of each club and the cash. Also, you'd need to increase average attendance, etc.

I was going to do this, but I'm far too lazy! I was going to call the league the WIN Premier League (i.e. Wales Irealand Northern Ireland Premier League)

Cheers, never actually considered Welsh league, thought it would be too fiddly, and after experimentining with the irish leagues last year, it gets boring with no relegation from the first division as they never improve and always languish around the bottom. Never did the reputation either, just give them all 10 mil and that was it, they just signed poor league 1 and 2 players, is there anyway I can get the teams to signed predomintally own nation players? I dont want a club full of 3rd rate English players.

I dont know how many teams are in each league, but instead of moving teams around, create x amount of new teams, so you could have the 4 irish provinces and create welsh provinces

So many options :-)

I could have the Welsh RU Regions (Including Celtic Crusaders/Bridgend) so the clubs there are...

- Newport/Gwent

- Cardiff

- Llanelli (split into 2 maybe to have 2 clubs?)

- Llanelli 2?

- Ospreys (which im guessing is Swansea area?)

- Bridgend Celtic Crusaders Area

Irish RU Regions

- Ulster/ Northern Ireland

- Connacht

- Munster

- Leinster

Aswell as Cardiff City, Swansea, Wrexham, Rangers, Celtic, Hearts.

Wasnt going to include Scotland as they have a good league, but this league could go above them and SPL and both Irish Leagues could act as feeder/regional leagues to the Celtic Super League maybe? argh! so many options!

For wales you could split it even further

North wales- wrexham

Rhondda

Cardiff

Ospreys-swansea

Crusaders

heart of wales

My regional knowledge of Wales is abysmal! so my apologies! so any help would be gratefully received.

Care to help me name a Rhondda based team?

Archived