My strikers get very isolated

Hi all.I've played FM for a good many years now but I'm getting frustrated how my strikers are getting so isolated upfront.

I love to play a variety of formations and try them out, but in FM09 4-4-2 really is the only formation you can get any consistency with. I've tried to play with one up top but can't get my wingers to get involved and cut in (and yes i've tried upping their creative freedom, rarely crossing, free role etc etc).Two up top gives you more options upfront but my strikers seem so lonely up there.One of my central midfielders is more attacking with a farrow but he just never wants to get forward.His mentality is actually higher then my more attacking striker. When I try to counter, my forwards have to do all the work themselves and get outnumbered by defenders.Can anyone reccommend some tips or ideas to help this?I know about the AMC bug so I don't see any point in playing someone there.

Any help would be much appreciated.Josh

My wingers and fullbacks have the same mentality.My centre backs and Mc(d) have the same mentality.My attacking central midfielder's mentality is only one notch up from that alongside one of my strikers.The other striker is one more than that.So the mentality of the players is very close to one another.

Yeah well I'm Basingstoke who I've got from the Blue Square South to the Championship.I'm 150-1 outsiders for the title, and have started wobbly this season.Yeah I play a lot of counter attack because my players aren't of the quality to pass it around other teams.I watch the matches and I do see my players hoofing a lot of balls over the top of defences for my strikers to run onto.

I usually have my stronger striker on hold up ball with a lower mentality and sometimes even a barrow.I've tried short slow passing but that doesn;t seem to be working.

Archived