DIGCMO THREAD.

dogs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rdysn5:

One of the reasons I entered was to find a clan, don't seem to have made any progress in that regard though.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think of it as a transfer window. Youre showing youre a committed player that understands the ins and outs of the online game, and telling prospective clans to invite you.

There are new games and clans starting all the time. Now you have experience you can tell them about when applying.

Youll find a place in time. No problem icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just like to add my thanks to Peacemaker and the rest of the guys in DIGCMO 2. It was a lot of fun and Stuart was a fantastic host. This was my first online experience with cm and i can't wait for the next. i cant recomend this enough for anyone who wants to give online gaming a try. Great bunch of guys and i still can't believe how much fun i had playing 4 matches in just over 3hrs icon_redface.gif)

Extra credit goes out to pm7's gallant attempt at guiding the swiss to any sort of success. Ah well better luck next time icon_redface.gif)

DIGCMO session FRIDAY 30th|Jan

Ok muppets the host for the night is yours truly icon_razz.gif. PM7 will be in place again as a second host in the event that like last week we need another host. Thanks again in advance Stu icon_smile.gif

We are going to use the World Cup save 2006 fir the first time. Should be fun.

The additional rules are as follows:

Everyone must make sure they have plenty of beer, juice and munchies to hand for the long session.

Everyone must have alot of fun.

oh and a wee extra rule, everyone must place their gk on the halfway line whilst defending corners when playing the dogmeister icon_wink.gif

In the event that the DIGCMO irc room is full, users can log into the room #UCMIG. If you get into one room do not take a space up in the other thanks.

As a taster for Friday i will reveal the list of teams that i will hand out on the night. The teams to be guided to World Cup glory by Human players are as follows

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Argentina

<LI>Australia

<LI>Belgium

<LI>Brazil

<LI>Bulgaria

<LI>Denmark

<LI>England

<LI>France

<LI>Germany

<LI>Holland

<LI>Italy

<LI>Mexico

<LI>Nigeria

<LI>Paraguay

<LI>Portugal

<LI>Spain

Should get a World Cup winner out that little lot. Cya all on Friday icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ter:

I'm up for taking part in this on Friday and Graeme Kelly might be up for it as well<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Great GK......... icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

I thought he don't play the game :0

A rollercoaster ride for the Argentinians this World Cup, starting with a 4-0 thumping of Holland, then a shock 3-0 defeat to Honduras and a snuck 2-0 win over Uzbekistan to qualify 2nd.

Facing Ter's England in the 2nd round, the Falklands rivalry resumed and the key moment was the 30yd freekick into the corner of the goal by Argentina's keeper in the first half, shocking the whole crowd. A 2nd sealed the win,

More controversy struck when the Argentina manager was kidnapped before the Cote D'Ivoire game, leaving the assistant manager to mess up and lose 1-0, inexplicably dropping star keeper Saja.

I had another great night of CMO, thanks to Dogs(MR X) for being a great host. Had a roller coaster of a night too, was ravaged by injuries at one point but i love this online gaming. Much more exciting than a one player game.

Another top night of banter, football and CM!

Did slightly better than last week, managing to get past the group stage this time - only to get dumped by Senegal... icon_frown.gif

Good to see Scott, Ter and Duffy in on tonight's gaming as well - made for an interesting evening - especially when Scott mysteriously vanished during the group stages...

This online CM is the future of management gaming I tells ye!

Another good night of international management and a well hosted game by Mr X/Dogs. Was nice to see the SI guys there competing with us, had a little look at there tactics as well just to get a few pointers icon_wink.gif

I had Nigeria and got through my group of Albania, Spain & Portugal mainly due to a 3-1 win over Portugal & a draw against Spain. I wont tell you the Albania result but that Skela is a little s***e. Mr PIP beat me in the 2nd round with decisive finishing in a close game that was enjoyable to watch with many chances.

Well done to PS23 for winning icon14.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spurs1979:

Another good night of international management and a well hosted game by Mr X/Dogs. Was nice to see the SI guys there competing with us, had a little look at there tactics as well just to get a few pointers icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, hope you didn't look at my tactics for any pointers... icon_biggrin.gif

Was a good game, I enjoyed myself and actually got through the group stages this time... although it wasn't too hard when I had the likes of Duffy and Scott in my group icon_biggrin.gif

Some strange goings on though, was a great match between Belgium and England, and Belgium's dodgy keeper handing me a win, along with Iceland's dodgy keeper and his last minute idiocy.

Shocker of the night had to be the Argie goalie stepping up and ripping that free kick in. Are you Chilavert in disguise?

Thanks do dogs for hosting, everything ran smoothly at that end and I look forward to doing this again in the future.

Congrats to PS23 on winning as well icon14.gif

World Cup 2006 - DIGCMO Game 2

Once again with more then 16 players wanting to play, we required a 2nd host and I was that host. Some of our guys were a little bit miffed that they didnt get to play with the 'celebs' Duffy & Ter, but like I said, they're crap anyway. Besides, how many CMS awards have they won eh, eh? Yeah exactly!

Anyway, once the guys realised they were playing with a real celeb, they were a lot happier, and overall we had fairly good nights play, and I think most of us enjoyed it, except the Spain manager. But C'est la vie icon_smile.gif

The Players

PM7 (host) Mexico

Garyspeed Argentina

Paultays Brazil

Femstar France

Deano Germany

kptom Italy

williams Spain

I deliberately put each player into a seperate group so as we would all have a chance of progressing to the later stages.

Group A

Femstar had France in this group, and after an opening game 1-1 draw with China, his French side struggled to a 1-0 win over Australia. Sadly, Femstar suddenly realised he had to go 'out' at this point. We believe you, honest icon_razz.gif Without him, France overcame Greece 2-0 and both those countries made the 2nd round.

Group B

There were no human managers in Group B, from which the Cote D'Ivoire and the USA qualified.

Group C

My group, in which I decided, having flopped so badly with Switzerland last week, to have another challenge with the Mexicans. A 2-2 draw with Iceland, was followed by a 1-0 win over Belgium as I finally grabbed my first DIGCMO win in five games. A final game 1-1 draw with England saw us progress along with them.

Group D

Garyspeeds group, and with Argentina he achieved a decent 1-1 opening game draw with Holland, before easing past Honduras by 3-0 and Uzbekistan 4-1, and went through in 2nd place behind Holland.

Group E

Whats should have been an easy group for kptom's Italy and thats how it turned out. 3-0 over Paraguay, and 2-0 over Cameroon, although he was teetering on the verge of embarrassment as his side fell behind early to Zimbabwe, but ended up winning 5-1 to progress along with the Zimbabweans.

Group F

Paultays group with Brazil, and after struggling to beat Senegal 2-0, his team went down by a single goal to Belarus, but a 2-0 win over Saudi saw the Brazilians through in second place behind the overrated Belarussians.

Group G

Williams group with Spain, and it was a fairly tough one for the perennial under achievers. A great opening game saw Spain evetually sucuumb 4-3 to neighbours Portugal, but a narrow 2-1 win over Albania seemed to see the Spaniards back in with a chance, but a final match 3-1 humiliation to Nigeria saw the Spanish manager leave in a bit of a strop, but hopefully he'll come back another week for another chance to show what he can do.

Group G

Deano's group with the hosts Germany, and it turned out to be very easy for the efficient Germans. All three games were won by 2-0 as they marched into the 2nd round.

Round 2

France beat the USA 2-0.

Ivory Coast bat Greece 1-0 on a silver goal.

Argentina over came England 2-1 to see paultays side through to the quarter finals.

Holland grabbed a lucky 1-0 win over the brilliant Mexicans.

kptom's Italy totally humiliated paultays Brazil by 5-0, and paul I believe is still in hiding icon_wink.gif

Belarus beat Zimbabwe 4-1.

Portugal beat Bulgaria 3-0

and finally there was a shock for Deano's Germany as they lost a goal to Nigeria, but they still went through by 2-1.

Quarter Finals.

France destroyed Holland 5-0. hahahahaha.

Argentina lost out on penalties to the Ivory Coast.

Sadly, kptom wasnt able to remain to see his Italy side overcome Deano's Germany on a penalty shoot out, Michael Ballack hilariously missing from the spot.

Portugal beat Belarus 2-0.

Semis Finals

There were no human managers left, but France beat Portugal 1-0, and Italy beat Ivory Coast 1-0 and we would have had an all human final if both guys had been able to hang around.

3rd place

Portugal overcame Ivory Coast 3-1.

Final

France won 2-0 against Italy.

Timings etc

First game underway: 19:41

Group stage Complete 23:16

Game ends at semi final stage: 00:33

Overall it was an enjoyable occassion. It was a long session, but I think we manage to cope with it on the whole, and the players seemed to enjoy the experience despite some of the poorer results. I'm not sure of the World Cup is ideal, as it does take a bit longer to play, and it might be worth sticking to the Euro's and mibbe the African Cup of Nations could be a good idea.

Now that ive had some sleep, i will say a little more on the game last night. icon_biggrin.gif

Firstly, another great night of CM online, thanks again to Mr X/Dogs for hosting. Thats the 3rd week running ive turned up and im loving it.

I was given Spain in a group with Portugal (pazzer), Nigeria (Spurs1979) and Albania (comp). Looked like getting off to a good start against Portugal by leading 3-2 with only 5 or 10 mins left, Pazzer made a few tactical changes and then equalised to make it 3-3. The Albanians are tough so n so's. They took the lead but i managed to scrape it 2-1. All that was needed from the last game was a draw with Nigeria to take me through. The game did end 0-0 which sent me and Spurs1979 through, we didnt fix the game honest. icon_biggrin.gif

Think ive got this right and in order:

Then came Bulgaria in the first knockout stage. Again i managed to scrape through but cant remember the scores. Will need to really on Mr X to sort that out. icon_biggrin.gif

Then came Belarus after that i think it was China and then Senegal.

I was very lucky to not only progress but to win the tournement. Took one game to pens, took the rest to extra time. I played a big part in the game going on till after 2am. But it was all good fun and the banter in the room was great. One thing i do remember was the score in the final 3-1. I can say ive actually won something now. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks again!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RogerTodger:

Hey dudes this sounds like a lot of fun, love to join in, when u guys playing next, and can I join? (not wanting to sound like the crap kid who always gets picked last for the break-time football matches)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Course you can, next friday at 7 icon_smile.gif

All i can say is TOP ONE!

How many games do you know where the makers actually take some time an come and online game against the buyers?

Specially something as big a seller as Champo really is.

Good on ya Ter and Duffy!

And glad to see its going so well guys.

Yeah I agree with you Powlay. I am pleased this DIGCMO has started off so well. Long may it continue. I am gonna have to join in one week when I got some free time. Well done to all those involved in these games. KUTGW. icon14.gif

Had a great time yesterday evening. I was in the second room with PeaceMaker, and he did a great job moderating the session. Through his good graces, I received the Italy team to manage. Unfortunately for me, I was only able to play up to near mignight GMT. At that point, I had already played what I thought was a climactic game, the second round against Brazil. I was absolutely gob-smacked at the way the Italian team played their hearts out and embarrassed the reigning champs Brazil.

Wish I could have stayed on to the final. Would not have let the French walk away with the trophy! Perhaps another time. Thanks to everyone in the #2 room for a very fun, positive evening.

kptom

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Powlay:

All i can say is TOP ONE!

How many games do you know where the makers actually take some time an come and online game against the buyers?

Specially something as big a seller as Champo really is.

Good on ya Ter and Duffy!

And glad to see its going so well guys.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep gotta agree, if I'd not been busy I'd have gone along to laugh at them icon_biggrin.gif

dont tease yourself! us experienced gamers would have tonked you icon_wink.gif

I was talking to a mate who is a CM fanatic but no net connection and he wouldnt believe me that actual SI staff were playing with plebs online!

Top one SI!

Oh i might even have a go next friday and see what damage i can cause hehe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marlow:

ah come on Marc, there's certainly a few plebs around here.

Hi powlay! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

plebs=plebians

class system and all that

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marlow:

Just admit you were beaten, don't put it down to the bugs. icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It only happened in that game, and I won it, but I'd still like to have it looked at icon_biggrin.gif

DIGCMO - Friday 6th February 2004 - African Cup Of Nations 2004

Hi All,

After an overwhelming demand for this new Format of Online Gaming (DIGCMO) I am now in the firing line for hosting a game for the vultures and eagles for a chance to reach for African Honours. This being the first attempt of the African Nations is sure to be exciting so I hope all of you join the #DIGCMO room early at around 7pm-7:30pm for Team drawing.

Please remember it will be first come first serve.

I will confirm in a couple of days what the available teams will be on this thread.

See you all then.

Paul

There, according to my own research, only 12 African countries that can be managed in CM 0304, There may be a couple of others that have been overlooked but I dont think so. (Has to have over 150 player in the db), so you'd possibly need three hosts, although I guess all in we had 23/24 players last week.

Still ANC should be fun icon_smile.gif

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Angola"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Cameroon"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Democratic Republic of Congo"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Morocco"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Senegal"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "South Africa"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Tunisia"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Egypt"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Ghana"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Ivory Coast"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Mali"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Nigeria"

DIGCMO Week 3

Well after the success of the previous weeks. I decided to try and be better prepared for this night. PM7 and Deano were asked if they could provide cover as back up hosts and again they gave up their valuable time to help out, now thats dedication to the cause, thanks again lads icon_smile.gif.

The save template used was WC 2006. After a quick surmise of the room numbers it was decided that PM7 would be needed as a second host. The players selected for the game i was hosting and their teams were as follows.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>BlueDog - Argentina

<LI>CovFan - Germany

<LI>Fwastelr - France

<LI>Pazzer - Portugal

<LI>PS23 - Spain

<LI>Ter - England

<LI>WCR - Italy

<LI>Spurs1979 - Nigeria

<LI>RDYSN - Denmark

<LI>Marc Duffy - Mexico

<LI>ScottEvil - Belgium

<LI>I-Love-LFC - Holland

<LI>Pips - Australia

<LI>Dogs - Paraguay

The rest of the IRC users were asked to follow PM7 to a second IRC room to pay in his game.

With the squads all preselected we got underway bang on on 1930 hours, so with only a day to continue this is how it all panned out.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Group A both Pips and Fwastler were expected to qualify with ease from a meidiocre group but were both surprised by the AI's Chinese and Greek Teams. Pips got humped in all his three games whilst Fwastler as France only managed 4 points which wasnt really enough.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | Q | China | | 3 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 4 | 1 | +3 | 7 |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | Q | Greece | | 3 | 2 | 0 | 1 | 6 | 2 | +4 | 6 |

| 3rd | | France | | 3 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 3 | -1 | 4 |

| 4th | | Australia | | 3 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 6 | -6 | 0 |

| | | | | | | | | | | | |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Wednesday 7th June 2006 | | | | | | | | | | |

| | Greece | | | 2 | : | 0 | | | Australia | |

| | France | | | 0 | : | 0 | | | China | |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| Tuesday 13th June 2006 | | | | | | | | | | |

| | Australia | | | 0 | : | 2 | | | France | |

| | China | | | 2 | : | 1 | | | Greece | |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| Tuesday 20th June 2006 | | | | | | | | | | |

| | Greece | | | 3 | : | 0 | | | France | |

| | Australia | | | 0 | : | 2 | | | China | |

</pre>

<LI>Group B no Human managers here, Ivory Coast and Jamaica surprising the group favourites Japan and the USA.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | Q | Ivory Coast | | 3 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 4 | 2 | +2 | 7 |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | Q | Japan | | 3 | 1 | 2 | 0 | 6 | 4 | +2 | 5 |

| 3rd | | U.S.A. | | 3 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 4 | 6 | -2 | 3 |

| 4th | | Jamaica | | 3 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 5 | 7 | -2 | 1 |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Thursday 8th June 2006 | | | | | | | | | | |

| | U.S.A. | | | 2 | : | 1 | | | Jamaica | |

| | Ivory Coast | | | 0 | : | 0 | | | Japan | |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| Wednesday 14th June 2006 | | | | | | | | | | |

| | Japan | | | 3 | : | 1 | | | U.S.A. | |

| | Jamaica | | | 1 | : | 2 | | | Ivory Coast | |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| Tuesday 20th June 2006 | | | | | | | | | | |

| | Japan | | | 3 | : | 3 | | | Jamaica | |

| | Ivory Coast | | | 2 | : | 1 | | | U.S.A. | |

</pre>

<LI>Group C - as human managers goes this was the group of death with the SI boys being placed in here together. The games were tight but in the end Ter and Duffy prevailed with ScottEvil going to make the tea, or going away in a huff one or the other icon_razz.gif.

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | Q | England | | 3 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 4 | 2 | +2 | 7 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | Q | Mexico | | 3 | 1 | 2 | 0 | 3 | 2 | +1 | 5 |

| 3rd | | Iceland | | 3 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 3 | 4 | -1 | 2 |

| 4th | | Belgium | | 3 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 5 | -2 | 1 |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Friday 9th June 2006 | | | | | | | | | | |

| | England | | | 3 | : | 2 | | | Belgium | |

| | Iceland | | | 2 | : | 2 | | | Mexico | |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| Thursday 15th June 2006 | | | | | | | | | | |

| | England | | | 1 | : | 0 | | | Iceland | |

| | Belgium | | | 0 | : | 1 | | | Mexico | |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| Wednesday 21st June 2006 | | | | | | | | | | |

| | Mexico | | | 0 | : | 0 | | | England | |

| | Iceland | | | 1 | : | 1 | | | Belgium | |

</pre>

<LI>Group D - Another Group where the AI threw up a surprise package. Either that or the Human managers were písh. How Holland never qualified instead of Honduras will become one of life's unknown mysteries icon_wink.gif

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> | Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | Q | Honduras | | 3 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 4 | 0 | +4 | 7 |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | Q | Argentina | | 3 | 2 | 0 | 1 | 6 | 3 | +3 | 6 |

| 3rd | | Holland | | 3 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 4 | 4 | 0 | 4 |

| 4th | | Uzbekistan | | 3 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 7 | -7 | 0 |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Friday 9th June 2006 | | | | | | | | | | |

| | Argentina | | | 4 | : | 0 | | | Holland | |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| Saturday 10th June 2006 | | | | | | | | | | |

| | Uzbekistan | | | 0 | : | 1 | | | Honduras | |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| Saturday 17th June 2006 | | | | | | | | | | |

| | Honduras | | | 3 | : | 0 | | | Argentina | |

| | Holland | | | 4 | : | 0 | | | Uzbekistan | |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| Wednesday 21st June 2006 | | | | | | | | | | |

| | Honduras | | | 0 | : | 0 | | | Holland | |

| | Uzbekistan | | | 0 | : | 2 | | | Argentina | |

</pre>

<LI>Group E - Your truly was in here with WCR's Italy. After a opening fixture humbling by WCR dogs recovered with the tournement's crappiest squad icon_wink.gif to hammer the two AI teams. Both human managers qualified with ease.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> | Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | Q | Italy | | 3 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 10 | 2 | +8 | 9 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | Q | Paraguay | | 3 | 2 | 0 | 1 | 12 | 6 | +6 | 6 |

| 3rd | | Cameroon | | 3 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 6 | 8 | -2 | 3 |

| 4th | | Zimbabwe | | 3 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 1 | 13 | -12 | 0 |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Saturday 10th June 2006 | | | | | | | | | | |

| | Italy | | | 4 | : | 1 | | | Paraguay | |

| | Zimbabwe | | | 0 | : | 4 | | | Cameroon | |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| | Paraguay | | | 5 | : | 0 | | | Zimbabwe | |

| | Cameroon | | | 0 | : | 2 | | | Italy | |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| Thursday 22nd June 2006 | | | | | | | | | | |

| | Italy | | | 4 | : | 1 | | | Zimbabwe | |

| | Paraguay | | | 6 | : | 2 | | | Cameroon | |

</pre>

<LI>Group F - Again no human managers here and again the AI throws up a surprise with Senegal and Belarus moving on at the expense of Brazil!

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | Q | Belarus | | 3 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 8 | 4 | +4 | 7 |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | Q | Senegal | | 3 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 6 | 4 | +2 | 4 |

| 3rd | | Brazil | | 3 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 4 | 4 | 0 | 4 |

| 4th | | Saudi Arabia | | 3 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 2 | 8 | -6 | 1 |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Sunday 11th June 2006 | | | | | | | | | | |

| | Saudi Arabia | | | 2 | : | 2 | | | Belarus | |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| Monday 12th June 2006 | | | | | | | | | | |

| | Senegal | | | 1 | : | 1 | | | Brazil | |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| Sunday 18th June 2006 | | | | | | | | | | |

| | Brazil | | | 0 | : | 3 | | | Belarus | |

| | Senegal | | | 3 | : | 0 | | | Saudi Arabia | |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| Thursday 22nd June 2006 | | | | | | | | | | |

| | Saudi Arabia | | | 0 | : | 3 | | | Brazil | |

| | Belarus | | | 3 | : | 2 | | | Senegal | |

</pre>

<LI>Group G - Another tough group with 3 human managers and 3 top teams. The games again were tightly contested but there can only be two winners and these were Spain and Nigeria.

| 1st | Q | Spain | | 3 | 1 | 2 | 0 | 5 | 4 | +1 | 5 |

| 2nd | Q | Nigeria | | 3 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 3 | 2 | +1 | 4 |

| 3rd | | Portugal | | 3 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 6 | 6 | 0 | 4 |

| 4th | | Albania | | 3 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 2 | 4 | -2 | 3 |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Monday 12th June 2006 | | | | | | | | | | |

| | Portugal | | | 3 | : | 3 | | | Spain | |

| | Albania | | | 1 | : | 0 | | | Nigeria | |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| Monday 19th June 2006 | | | | | | | | | | |

| | Spain | | | 2 | : | 1 | | | Albania | |

| | Nigeria | | | 3 | : | 1 | | | Portugal | |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| Friday 23rd June 2006 | | | | | | | | | | |

| | Portugal | | | 2 | : | 0 | | | Albania | |

| | Spain | | | 0 | : | 0 | | | Nigeria | |

</pre>

<LI>Group H - The final group stage saw two managers suffer mixed fortunes. Germany qualified in first place with Denmark being knocked out by Bulgaria. An interesting fact was that Bulgaria beat both human managers but lost to another AI team in Ecuador.

| 1st | Q | Germany | | 3 | 2 | 0 | 1 | 5 | 3 | +2 | 6 |

| 2nd | Q | Bulgaria | | 3 | 2 | 0 | 1 | 4 | 5 | -1 | 6 |

| 3rd | | Denmark | | 3 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 2 | 2 | 0 | 3 |

| 4th | | Ecuador | | 3 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 5 | 6 | -1 | 3 |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| Sunday 11th June 2006 | | | | | | | | | | |

| | Ecuador | | | 1 | : | 3 | | | Germany | |

| | Bulgaria | | | 1 | : | 0 | | | Denmark | |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| | Denmark | | | 2 | : | 0 | | | Ecuador | |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| Sunday 18th June 2006 | | | | | | | | | | |

| | Germany | | | 1 | : | 2 | | | Bulgaria | |

| | | | | | | | | | | |

| Friday 23rd June 2006 | | | | | | | | | | |

| | Denmark | | | 0 | : | 1 | | | Germany | |

| | Bulgaria | | | 1 | : | 4 | | | Ecuador | |

</pre>

The group stage was long and took up a fair amount of time to go through. The Second round matches went as follows.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>China surpising Japan 1-0 in an all AI encounter.

<LI>Ivory coast beating Greece easily 3-1 in another all AI game

<LI>Argentina beating England 2-0 in the first Human v Human game

<LI>Mexico easily beating surprise package Honduras 3-1, Human v AI

<LI>Senegal surprising Italy 2-0 in another 2nd round upset. AI v Human.

<LI>Belarus absolutely humping Paraguay 5-1 which actually highlighted our first bug where the dogmeister got knocked out icon_wink.gif, AI v Human.

<LI>Spain progressing on penalties against Bulgaria, AI v Human. 1-1 final score.

<LI>And finally Germany beating Nigeria 3-1 in the second of our Human v Human encounters.

On to the quarter finals then ad the draw looked nice for the prospective semi finals with all 4 human managers being drawn against AI opposition in the quarters. As it happens the quarter finals were a graveyard for the human managers as all but one were put out on their arse.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>China beat Duffy's Mexico 1-0 which was a surprise as he had been pretty stable up to then. AI v Human.

<LI>Surprise troops beat BlueDogs Argentina 1-0 to knock another Human out. AI v Human.

<LI>Senegal knocked out CovFans Germany 2-1 to continuethe Human manager demise. AI v Human

<LI>And last but not least Flying the Flag for the human managers PS23's Spain beat the "new eastern block Brazil" Belarus 2-1 to progress to the semis. Human v AI.

The Semis were unusual with none of the major seeded nations present.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Spain needed an extra time winner to see off a stubborn China 1-0, Human v AI.

<LI>Senegal put the Ivory coast out 2-0 in the other AI v AI encounter.

The third place playoff was contested by two AI teams China and Ivory coast.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>the Ivory coast running out 2-0 victors.

So on to the final at 0225 hours after almost 7 hours of marathon play we had played a month of fixtures and at last had reached the final.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>PS23 Spain ran out 3-1 winners in what was a bit of an anticlimax. With the AI being hard all game it was expected to a far closer game, or maybe PS23's tactics were spot on.

So there you have it. 7 hours of play and 14 players. It was a long session but hats off to the never say die enthusiasm of all that played. TBH i want to aim for a finish time of about midnight so some tweaks are necessary. Managers can utilise their time more effectively _ do your squad selection during the game prior to yours so when its your tunr to go you are ready to start. Maybe in the future we can condense the Human managers into groups together so we have more Human v Human games in the group stages instead of Human v AI. Another suggestion is to maybe have more hosts and smaller groups. Its been noted that PM7 had exactly half the numbers (7\14) that we did and finished 2 hours earlier. Overall tho i'm pleased at how smooth the game went and the users involved, and want to say a big thanks to all that were involved icon_smile.gif

Roll on next week.

Can you fix it so Wales can be in it for once? icon_biggrin.gificon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably not, after all CM is a realistic football management game and I think the in-game AI is way too intelligent to allow that to happen icon_razz.gif

I have been waiting for Mr X to post those results, for obvious reasons. icon_biggrin.gif

That was the 3rd time that i had entered into a DIGCMO game and it gets better every week.

1st Week Italy (Euro Champs, Semi Final)

2nd Week Denmark (Euro Champs, Qtr Finals)

3rd Week Spain (Won the World Cup) icon_biggrin.gif

As Mr X said, it was a marathon session but i dont mind that, the banter in the room is good and the online play is a great experience.

Just glad ive won one of the tournements now and i will be back on Friday looking to get another game and this time trying my luck at the African Nations Cup, which should be very interesting. Thanks again Mr X for hosting and to everyone who has been setting up the DIGCMO games.

Will there be more than one host available again, just incase there are too many people?

Archived