DIGCMO THREAD.

dogs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

There may be a couple of others that have been overlooked but I dont think so.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Algeria was the only other one i could find, Zimbabwe have about 100 players, most of their real ANC squad, but not quite enough, shame!

With the popularity of this format do you reckon SI could remove the 150 players limit for short term games like this? Maybe just pop up a warning; "there are only 87 eligible players in the database, proceed?"

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by exchampionsfan:

If it was confirmed that the game would be finished by midnight then I'd take part I think icon_smile.gif I usually have to do things on Saturday morning so I can't stay up late icon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately its not possible to say when the session will end because like any situation, anything can happen icon_smile.gif

Ok guys,

I am needing a little assistance with getting this African Game up and running, Has anyone got a ddt file which can get 8-10 managers playing. If not then I am afraid we will go back to Euro 2004

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wengermagic:

Ok guys,

I am needing a little assistance with getting this African Game up and running, Has anyone got a ddt file which can get 8-10 managers playing. If not then I am afraid we will go back to Euro 2004<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a .DDT file that you can use for 10 teams in the African Nations in 2004.

Just send me an email and I will send it to you.

Also anyone that wants a trial run for the African Nations im holding a African Nations tournament tonight at 6.20pm. So far we have 6 managers for this event. Add me to msn and speak with me there about it.

Ok All,

I have a game set up with 9 available slots plus the hosts, I am wondering if there a 2nd host to take another set of players making 18 places in total within 2 African nations games.

Please come forward early as places are sure to go early.I will be in #DIGCMO at 7pm and Team allocation will begin as soon as I enter. Game chug will be at 7:30pm

I will be absent, taking wife out. Thanks again Deano, PM7 and Dez for their assistance here. Ideally i would like all 4 hosts up and running.

Can the everyone liase with Paul to get the saved file before Friday evening. Thanks.

So my first DIGCMO outing and what a night.

Ghod was allocated...sorry chose to go the Egyptians and lead them to the promised land of Tunisia.

After arriving Ghod proclaimed his intention to smite allcomer including the mighty warriors of Cameroon adn the African Lions of Nigeria.The sceptical Egyptian couldn't believe this man could be as stupid to believe he could win the trophy. They put it down to the amount of wine consumed in the streets. Egypt started strongly against Mugabis die hard legions sweeping them aside in majestic form in a 2-0 victory. Both goals scored in the 1st 10 minutes before taking their feet off the pedal as their manager was called away to perform a miracle and resurrect Mali...alas this was one miracle too far as Mali were snubbed in the 1st round.

The second Game was against Algeria. Ateam in disarray after their manager walked out. A 2-0 defeat to eventual finalists Cameroon saw him walk away in disgust. Bad finishing and poor defending saw Egypt crash to a 1-1 draw. Ghod was quoted as saying it was all down to "charitable" beginnings as a carpenter in Jerusalem!! I think he was on the drugs as well as the buckie at this stage of the tournament! Egypt then went into their final game against Cameroon needing a win to top the group! Jammy-roon started well taking the lead after only 7 minutes. Ghod had a word wi his dad and needless to say the big man came up trumps assisting them to again come back to 1-1. Macaroons then took a 2-1 lead and looked unassailable as they pressed forward. But again Ghod brought his team back from the dead to make it 2-2. Disaster struck as a top defender was sent off. Holding on and down to 10 men.... Cameroon couldnt score. Which unfortunately lead to Egypt facing favourites and eventual winners Nigeria. A 4-0 drubbing ensued and even much gnashing of teeth and wailing couldnt help the lack lustre egyptians in this game. The ease of the defeat is put down to the 5,000 loaves consumed the previous evening at dinner. A great tourney and ghod then ascended back upstairs to his kip to look at teh master plan.

How did it go last night? Sorry i couldnt be there but i had my wisdom tooth taken out on friday and was in a fair bit of pain. After taking a few pain killers, i felt it would be best to sit this one out but i will be back next friday!

It ran smoothly, finished before midnight, even!

I think that was mainly because the games were scheduled simultaneously, not sure whether that was because there is no need to move for tv for the ANC?

The top teams easily dominated though, making it a little unbalanced, but I thought my Tunisians were a bit unlucky (although scoring some goals would have helped my case icon_wink.gif.

************ Game On ************

Anyone looking for a game, join #digcmo on irc, join the Quakenet network. Kick-off 7.30pm

Cheers Deano icon_smile.gif

I'm sure this weeks host, Bell, will post a proper update on the game, unlike some eh Paul icon_rolleyes.gificon_razz.gificon_smile.gif , although ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Originally Posted by wengermagic :

More to follow Tomorrow evening

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

they do say tomorrow never comes icon_wink.gif

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Qualifying Rounds:

Pos Inf Team Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag G.D. Pts

1st Q Turkey 3 2 0 1 7 1 +6 6

2nd Q Germany 3 1 1 1 4 3 +1 4

3rd Denmark 3 1 1 1 2 2 0 4

4th Switzerland 3 1 0 2 1 8 -7 3

1st Q Italy 3 1 2 0 1 0 +1 5

2nd Q Greece 3 0 3 0 3 3 0 3

3rd Portugal 3 0 3 0 1 1 0 3

4th Holland 3 0 2 1 4 5 -1 2

1st Q France 3 3 0 0 5 2 +3 9

2nd Q Sweden 3 2 0 1 11 2 +9 6

3rd Scotland 3 1 0 2 3 4 -1 3

4th Bulgaria 3 0 0 3 1 12 -11 0

1st Q England 3 3 0 0 10 2 +8 9

2nd Q Czech Republic 3 1 1 1 6 6 0 4

3rd Russia 3 1 0 2 3 6 -3 3

4th Croatia 3 0 1 2 1 6 -5 1

</pre>

Sweden start strongly with a 9-0 win, Bell also beats my Turkey side, but then slips up to the Swiss and crashes out. England and France looking strong as well.

[This message was edited by Marlow on 14 February 2004 at 1:01.]

In the quarters Turkey brush Greece aside, Italy fall to the now managerless Germans, and in the battle of the humans, France knock out the Czechs and England need an extra time goal after 25 other attempts to defeat the Swedes, missing Ljungberg badly.

In the semis Turkey steamroll England 3-1 with their revolutionary wingless tactic and some luck with a penalty save from the hapless Scholes at a crucial time by Rustu, the fulcrum of the Turks. The Germans and French battle and an extra time goal from Trezeguet seals a final matchup between humans.

In a tight final, characterised by France's domination and Rustu's determination, Anelka pounced on some hesitant defending and headed it past a gaggle of defenders watching him. It was all uphill from there, and with a gilt-edged chance for Basturk squandered, desperation set in, and a second goal was conceded after Rustu came up to take a free kick in a move copied from the Argentinians last World Cup, but he could not produce the magic and the goal was left unguarded to make it 2-0.

Another good DiGCMO, 10 managers, no crashes or major slowdowns, and all done by 1am or so. It should also be noted that the two finalists used tactics which didn't come from the forums! Thanks to Deano for stepping in at short notice as emergency host, catch y'all next Friday!

Bad luck Bluedog, final with the Turks is some achievement ! LFC, that goes for you too. Was hoping to see the Swedes v Turkey in the final.

Still, a smashing night out at DIGCMO, rather poor showing by me with the Czech's, but at least I lost to the eventual winners.

Thanks to Deano as well, the "no nosense" host ! icon_biggrin.gif

just did some testing and it seems that the Copa America could be a good DiGCMO game;

all 12 nations in the 2004 competition are playable, although the top nations might be a bit too strong, it shouldn't be as unbalanced as the African Nations. The DDT i used is:

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Brazil"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Paraguay"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Uruguay"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Venezuela"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Bolivia"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Chile"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Mexico"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "U.S.A."

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Argentina"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Colombia"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Ecuador"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Peru"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiaexz:

i hate using mIRC , its usually full of idiots trying to hack your pc with the "/whois" command<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rest assured anyone who does that in the DIGCMO chat room will not be treated too kindly icon_wink.gif

DIGCMO Friday 20th Febuary - Kick-off 19.30 - Copa America

Ok, the teams available are :

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Paraguay

<LI>Uruguay

<LI>Venezuela

<LI>Bolivia

<LI>Chile

<LI>Mexico

<LI>U.S.A.

<LI>Colombia

<LI>Ecuador

<LI>Peru

No, you are not mistaken, there is no Brazil or Argentina. basically I tried to weaken them but even an U23 side looked as though it could p**s on any other team, so I left them and they wont be allocated.

For this reason we could do with a backup host due to the fact there are only 9 places plus the host available. So if you are interested drop me a line on MSM and i'll send you the save game. If there are only 2 players for a second game then I'll allocate the two big boys, so those two can get a game.

Cheers Deano icon_smile.gif

Ok it was a good tournament for me yesterday despite Ive got Ecuador.

A poor team and a poor manager, nothing more to say. icon_smile.gif

Iam enjoy these game, så keep up the good work.

Ecuador didnt got into second round, a strong group, wher i have to beat Venezuela to get a chance- Draw 1-1 against them and next Uruguay. How in the hell i managed just to loose 1-0 is a wonder icon_wink.gif My last match against Brazil, loosing 5-0. icon13.gif

Nothing more to do. My keeper coundnt catch a fotball in a phonebox.

My Ecuador team would maybe have a chance in a World cup for old boys, because the average age was over 30.

I will be around next friday

After a thrashing by Brasil, my Uruguay stepped up and were able to sneak wins against Ecuador and Venezuala, but in a far from convincing manner. The major problem was the lack of confidence up front...

Quarters we faced Mexico and off to a quick start with a Forlan miskick for 1-0 but after 60 minutes we were 3-1 down, deservedly. Going on all out attack, we pulled one back and Forlan should have equalised when clean through, but shot where he meant to this time, the fool!

Mexico went on to face Brasil and had their chances, but went out to a last gasp shot, 1-0, the last human controlled team left. Next time we play we can get rid of all players who have only one name, ok? icon_wink.gif

Archived