DIGCMO THREAD.

dogs

nice one guys, the natives were restless last night, so whilst the dogmeister was waving a black mamba about like a daftie and getting doors thrown at him, you guys were playing champo icon_frown.gif.

Thanks for covering Carl icon_smile.gif

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tim Howard is crap, Freidel wasn't much better and we had to wait 3 games to score a goal. icon_frown.gif

Drawn against Brazil in the Qtr finals didn't leave my bunch of fake players* much hope. We kept the scoreline respectable, only loosing 2-0 so I at least went out with dignity intact, but the dream of embaressing Powlay faded rapidly. Oh well least he escaped a whooping icon_biggrin.gif

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

* Admittedly not all of the USA side were fake :D

</pre>

My Paraguay side shocked the torunament by beating Argentina 2-0 in the opening group game. icon_biggrin.gif We experienced a let down of sorts against Colombia 1-1, and Peru 0-0. This meant we had to play Argentina again in the next round icon13.gif. This time it was a different game, they were wise to our counter atacking longball style and easliy dealt with us. icon_frown.gif

Not been able to play for the last two weeks which has been a shame. Last one i took part in was the World Cup. What competition is being run on Friday? I will almost certainly be back for that one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marlow:

Did Wales make it this time? icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CM tries to be as realistic as possible......so your gonna have to wait another 100 years to be Wales at the World Cup icon_biggrin.gif

Germany crash out of the group stages after UEFA rules are incorrectly applied and goal difference is counted before inter-team results, giving the plucky Turkish a walk into the quarter finals. We played rubbish though, and didn't deserve to qualify, but still, its a matter of principle! icon_wink.gif

My first time in the online game, and as a late joiner, my Denmark had already drawn the opener with Turkey. My first proper game in charge was against the Swiss, and after going up after three minutes,

I must admit I was a wee bit worried when their lot came back into it four minutes later. My Great Danes showed character though, and went on to win it 5-1, with the inexperienced Morten Skoubo coming on to hit the final goal in the last minute.

Needless to say, the papers loved the performance...

Switzerland hammered by Denmark

Switzerland 1-5 Denmark (European Championship Group A)

The final score of 5-1 didn't flatter Denmark as they totally controlled the European Championship Group A game against Switzerland at Estádio das Antas.

Speaking to a local newspaper, the Switzerland manager praised the Denmark players for the manner of their victory.

No time to dwell on that though with the crucial game against the

Germans in three days, and with a draw enough to take both sides

through, the Turkish manager was already becoming worried

that there may be some match-fixing taking place.

Delight for Denmark after 4-0 win

Denmark 4-0 Germany (European Championship Group A)

Germany's fans were left stupefied after their team slumped to a miserable defeat at the hands of Denmark

Germany could, however, have no complaints as Denmark were well worth their 4-0 win.

Allegations of match-fixing right out the window as the Turks follow my rip roaring reds in second place, but the Danes have a history of firing their ways through the group stages only to bottle it and crash out heavily in the knockout stages, and with twice-scoring substitute Skoubo banned for at least one match after a stupid shove with the game already won, the Danes already have some cracks appearing up front.

Italy 0-0 Denmark

Italy win 5-4 on penalties

A very dull encounter with few opportunities for either side. My Danes couldn't find the dazzling form that they'd showed in the two previous matches and were back on the plane home the next day as a result.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul Tays:

i'd like to know how it finished - i fell asleep at my computer and woke up again at 2am icon_redface.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you were put on holiday icon_biggrin.gif I(Holland) was knocked out in the semis off France, cant remember how you done though, and i didnt stay around for the final. so come on Deano, wheres the report? icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Er, just ignore the above message icon_razz.gif

Anyway, the game on Friday will again be the European Championship Finals. As host, I will be inviting the first nine players to join me in the quest for glory, with Deano acting as back up in case more wish to play (he just loves this so much icon_wink.gif )

Anyway one rule that I will be introducing is no DIABLO tactics will be allowed. For the uninitiated that means no 4-1-3-2 formation with your att mid hitting the box!! So if you use this, get working on something else!

Anyway apart from that, see you then 7pm in the usual place.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BelfastNiall:

Er, just ignore the above message icon_razz.gif

Anyway, the game on Friday will again be the European Championship Finals. As host, I will be inviting the first nine players to join me in the quest for glory, with Deano acting as back up in case more wish to play (he just loves this so much icon_wink.gif )

Anyway one rule that I will be introducing is no DIABLO tactics will be allowed. For the uninitiated that means no 4-1-3-2 formation with your att mid hitting the box!! So if you use this, get working on something else!

Anyway apart from that, see you then 7pm in the usual place.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why cant people use this tactic, whats the problem with it? dont use it myself, never heard of it. simple 4-4-2 usually for me icon14.gif

Hey everyone!

I have read the FAQ's but I'm still a bit confused as to what goes on...I had a few questions, so I thought I would ask here as it seems to be the most logical place. icon_wink.gif

Every Friday evening, someone hosts a game where the national teams play each other in EURO 2004 or WC 2006? What are the "endgames" that are often referred to in the FAQ? What time to the games usually end at and when can I declare my interest in playing? I know its at least 19:20, but can hoe close before?

Thanks in advance, Jonesy.

Matt,

yep every Friday there is a drop in game provided by a rotation of hosts for new comers and some old hands to partake in a bit of competition. If you read this thread from the start, you'll find all the relevant instructions re: time it KO's (7pm) - where to go (mirc) etc etc.

I'm hoping we'll be finished around 12:30 but really that all depends on how far people advance in the game. Check out the instructions sure , and hopefully I'll see you tomorrow evening.

Thx for a great evening, despite going out 1 round. Draw Denmark and ready to play some cm. Lost to Turkey in a close match, where the strikers do the the job for Turkey.

Next match a win over Switzerland , think fair enough, but they were down to 10 men early, so it maybe be the case. Germany next, held by 0-0, good result for Denmark. So it was a disapointed danish team who has to fly home, I was thinking let them do a Leicester icon_smile.gif, but no need for that.

Want to thx Niall for the job as host, and thx the other host, who spend their friday evening/ nights, just someone like me can play some online game. KUTHGW icon14.gif

I think I may have set a record; Switzerland in their three games scored zero, conceded 11 and received 5 red cards, including 3 in the last game. I thought i'd try to counteract the other team's skill with steel, but in the Portuguese heat it was more like ice and their brains just melted...

Good game tonight and if i can brag icon_wink.gif, the semi final line up was completed by three EPL Challenge players and the AI Scotland team who were easily defeated in the semis by Jesus Seba's Italy.

Ten players turned up tonight and yet again Holland failed miserably but this was to be expected with an EMA player in Jack Holmes in charge. Most of the others fell by the wayside pretty early (also including UCMIG's rep Bluedog) who managed to lose with Switzerland, and his second chance Germany!

The usual steady player Birk managed to go out early with his home nation Denmark in the group stage, which was a shock to those that have seen Birk in action and not just seen his saucy MSN Messenger pics icon_smile.gif. For me, player of the night in the group stage was Marlow's "mate", Wierdfish, who overcame a 5-0 defeat to my England side in his opening game to win Group D, before bowing out to AI team Scotland on the 103rd min Silver goal in the QF;s.

Portugal managed to beat England, victors over France in the QF, 1-0 in the semis turning EPL Challenge form on its head (int. footy eh? icon_wink.gif ) and lined up vs Italy in the final...However Jesus Seba proved to be a better international football manager than he was with Villa, easily winning the final 3-0 over the host side,

So congrats to Jesus Seba, commiserations to Spurs1979, and personally I fulfilled my role as an Irishman by taking England to the semis and then, just as they got their hopes up, got knocked out...Nice icon_wink.gif

EMA>>>>EPL Challenge

Anyway because im a bad loser icon_razz.gif i will defend myself by saying the final was played out by the two teams that defeated me in my group so...so...THERE!

Anyway thanks for the game even if it wasnt really for my liking. Good luck for future efforts.

One day Holland will be victorious! icon_biggrin.gif

"Denmark are underachieving poofs arent they"

Yes they are, that must be the case, no just need some the U 21 players, and maybe a better manager icon_smile.gif

"The usual steady player Birk managed to go out early with his home nation Denmark in the group stage, which was a shock to those that have seen Birk in action and not just seen his saucy MSN Messenger pics "

You cant live in the past,as Michael Laudrup said when he arrive to Barca with his Brøndby side last wednesday, I wish we culd icon_smile.gif

Niall, I have to put Jordan in my msn pictures, after your girl has deleated yours on the pc icon_smile.gif

Congrats to Italy-Portugal to reach the final, but I will hope that Denmark do better in te real Euros in Italy

lads my communication has been a bit wayward this week as a result of working 14hour shifts, bit of bother this week. Apologies.

Dez, Deano thanks for the offer, i'm sure you will come to an arrangement so that a game of some sort is hosted tonight. I'll speak to you on msn hopefully monday Carl icon_smile.gif

Arriving late into the game, I'd only known my Croatian lads for about 45 seconds before I was to send them to the frontline, but they did me proud and despite a couple of shaky moments in the first half, they contained the dirty Czechs well. I don't know what Ben Walton told his players at the start of the match. but they seemed hell bent on crippling my team, and with three of my players injured I had to end the game with 10 men, but the substitute Mihael Mikic scored on his debut to give my Croats the three points with just five minutes to go.

Second game against the Ruskis, and I'm feelin' confident after their hammering to the English. The game goes to plan and my lads come out with another three points and a 2-0 victory, but with the Czechs surprising England with a 3-1 reverse, I'm still not too confident of qualification.

England's one shot on goal was enough to send me out of the competition on goals scored, despite a victory against the Czechs, who go through. What a pìsser.

Hi it was a great tournamnet for me last night.

I should manage England and went on with first match against Russia. England beat Russia, but it seems that the " russian " manager always gets red cards in the matches. icon_smile.gif

Next match against Czech, where England lost 3-1. The Czech manager must have paid Sol Campbell lots of money, he had a bad game. But fairly Czech took their chances and England dont.

Third match against Croatian, I was outclassed, outplayed, but somehow I manage to beat them 1-0 with a goal of Alan Smith.

Quarterfinals came Scotland. Scotland was not managed by a human manager, and england beat them.

The Semi were Portugal-England and i have to manmark Rui Costa. Told Steven Gerrard to manmark him. It didnt doing well in the first half, where Portugal could have take a early lead, but England get 2 break aways and were up 2-0 at halftime. Portugal should have score some goals in first half, but Robinson did a good job. Second half England just have to do the contra attack. Another break away goal and the match was over. Owen was outstanding that day, with a little help of Cauto. icon_smile.gif

Finals against France and yet again manmarking do the job for England. Gerrard on Zidane, and Rio manmark Henry. It was a boring final, nothing much happen in that game. Lucky England beat France, and we could lift the trophy.

Wanna thx the host for doing a great job, and take the times to answer some of my silly ? to him in PM. icon_wink.gif

Summary of my games in Digcmo are that in Europe I can be along the others managers, but when we are managing outside Europe I struggle.

I have to be satisfice with 2 winns with Germany and England.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived