DIGCMO THREAD.

dogs

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marlow:

cough Wales cough. icon_wink.gif

I may play tonight actually ! icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

shocker marlow in playing online game! icon_biggrin.gif

(aside what he trys to call plaing in UCMIG)

Bell's report must have gone missing in cyber space, or the cyber postman couldnt deliver cos of a virus! icon_biggrin.gif

Anyhow, if your a newcomer to the Online scene and would like to try an online game before joining a clan then join the DIGCMO game tonight, incase you didnt know then its on every Friday night. Of course Experienced players are also welcome too icon_smile.gif

The long awaited report

icon_wink.gif

The managers were allocated randomly and were as follows.

Jason Wallace - Germany

Dan O'Brein - Denmark

Terrence Wilson - Greece

Andrew Pitcher - France

Me - Czech Rep.

The group satges went very well with all managers qualifying for the latter stages.

GROUP A

Germany sat with maximum points in Group A with a 3-0 defeat of Switzerland and a late 1-0 win against Turkey.

Denmark matched them with a 1-0 vs. the Swiss and a2-0 against the Turks.

The decider in this Group was between the two human managers. Germnay took the Gorup with a goal in each half leaving Denamrk to qualify as runners up.

GROUP B

Greece had a really tough group. France, Italy and Portugal their opponents. The opened with a 1-1 draw against the hosts and were unlucky not to take all 3 points. The second game was an impressive 2-1 victory against Holland leaving Greece well place on 4 points. The final game was against Italy ended 2-2. That was enough to give Greece a place in the quarter finals with Holland topping the group.

GROUP C

France had the easiest Group with Sweden, Scotland and Bulgaria. However they made somewhat heavy weather of it. They opened with a hard fought 3-2 victory against Scotland. Goals then became hard to find as France stuttered to a 0-0 draw against Sweden. In the final game France bombarded the Bulgarians goal for the whole game. It took a 73rd minute Hnery goal to seperate the sides. Enough for France to top the group. Sweden went through as runners-up.

GROUP D

Czech Rep had an OK go group. Engalnd where the favorites and Croatia and Russia mde up the 4 teams.

Two Milan Baros goals gave the Czechs victory in the openeing game against Croatia. In the big game in the group Nedved stole a point in injury time. This left England and Czech Rep looking for wins to top the group.

It looked like Czech Rep might sneak the group on goal difference after a 5-2 to vs Russia and England goal late in the game gave England the group. Czechs were runner-ip.

QUARTER FINALS

In the non-human game Sweden beat England 1-0 with a silver goal.

Greece were pitted against Germany. Two goals from Klose helped Germany to a 2-1 win but Greece can consider themselves unlucky not to have taken more from this game.

Denmark faced Holland. Despite going behind early on to a Roy Makaay, Denmark hit back twice through Ebbe Sand to edge a tight game and go through to the semis.

Fancied France played Czech Rep. Despite the lion share of chances the Czechs saw off France with a single goal from Milan Baros.

SEMI FINALS

Germany played non-human team Sweden and largely dominated the Scandanavian side in a 1-0 victory.

Unfancied Denmark outplayed the Czechs and went through to the final with goals from Gravesen and Madsen.

FINAL

Denmark had the measure of Germany it seemed. However the Germans struck through Ballack and Deisler to take the win somewhat against the run of play.

Ok lads looking for a new crop of hosts to help aid with the constant running of this game. Credit goes to Deano and Pm7 for covering most fridays. unfortunately i'm having to step down as a host as the missus is moaning that i play champo all the time and my shifts are already wreaking havoc.

I also agree with Blued suggestion of redoing the saves to freshen up the draws and squads icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Powlay:

Whom is hosting this evening? And what game is being played?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You offering icon_smile.gif

I'll be there, from 7.30pm-ish, and as I will be the only one there with a save game file I suggest I will be hosting icon_smile.gif , unless of course someone else has a file they can use.

New files wont begin till next week at the earliest, once a new host rota has been sorted out.

So for this week, we will have to stick the old files, so I'll take a straw poll of the people in the chat room and they can decide whether it will be Euro Championships, World Cup or Copa America.

See you all there

Cheers Deano icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deano:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Powlay:

Whom is hosting this evening? And what game is being played?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You offering icon_smile.gif

I'll be there, from 7.30pm-ish, and as I will be the only one there with a save game file I suggest I will be hosting icon_smile.gif , unless of course someone else has a file they can use.

New files wont begin till next week at the earliest, once a new host rota has been sorted out.

So for this week, we will have to stick the old files, so I'll take a straw poll of the people in the chat room and they can decide whether it will be Euro Championships, World Cup or Copa America.

See you all there

Cheers Deano icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

am i offering, not tonight nope but i am offering to host sometime yeah icon_smile.gif

Depending on gfmilf i might well pop by

I am going to make a Euro 2004 for my own pleasure and for DIGCMO if I am required. I was just wondering what league is it best to run? I thought Denamrk as there are only 33 fixtures? Also must a large database be used, so the smaller teams have a decent squad size?

What date should I need to stop on?

The current game was created with small database but it uses a ddt file to inlude all the players from the nations that could qualify.

I would also start the game using Sweden as the base country as there is less time required to advance the game.

DDT File

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Italy"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Spain"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Germany"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "France"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Russia"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "England"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Sweden"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Bulgaria"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Denmark"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Slovakia"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Belgium"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Portugal"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Switzerland"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Turkey"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Holland"

"RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Czech Republic"</pre>

The ddt file need to be placed in the data/db directory within the CM install.

Then, right at the bottom of thr screen, you will see a heading "Custom Edit Files Settings" when you expand that section you should see your ddt filename and you just select it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fwastler:

yer, what about previous friday as well

*looks left to profile* icon_rolleyes.gif

Deano just cos your a big boy now, you can't slack icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just remembered about this - I didnt stay long enough to see my France beat fwastler's Holland (I hope icon_wink.gif)

**** DIGCMO Annoucement ****

Game On Tonight - 8-8.30pm Start

Apologies for the lack of updates, I got over zealous tidying my hard drive and deleted the last two weeks games, basically last week, Powlay beat myself in the Euro 2004 Final, and everyone else was rabbish icon_razz.gif

Anyhow, this week I will sort out a new hosts rota, but I will run the game tonight, although it will start late around 8 - 8.30pm.

We have two new games on offer as well this week these being Euro 2008 and World Cup 2010.

See you all later

Cheers Deano

Archived