Technically poor Defenders

I was wondering about the length of passing that I should set my defenders to, I have two defenders with passing 15 or 16, and two with passing on less than 8, I set my high passing defenders to pass long, so that they could use their passing to cut teams open, and therefore I put my poor defenders to short passing, and low creativity and no through balls. which is against the defaults and suggestions on here, which are if a defender can't pass, put him on direct passing.

my idea with the short passing is that the por passing defenders just pass the ball short and simple to the closest player, who may have better passing and more freedom than the poor passing defender.

It seems to be working quite well at the moment, bu it would be interesting to find out which is better?

Long or short passing on defenders with no creative freedom and no through-balls?

for defenders who cant pass well i would think long passing would be the best as even if the pass didnt reach its target at least the ball has been cleared. i would not want a defender with poor passing passing it short as if they make a bad pass the opposition could get the ball off them and have a 1 on 1 oppurtunity

Archived