Threading Greyed Out

Bump! I think I only have one core running atm, someone has told me activate the other in the BIOS - how do I do this I cannot see an option?

I ran CPUZ and it said im only using one processor atm and task manager only shows one

• SI Staff
I ran CPUZ and it said im only using one processor atm and task manager only shows one

This is the key - FM is disabling the "Threading" option because it can find only one processor. This is backed up by CPU-Z and Windows Task Manager.

What version of Windows are you using (please include the full edition)?

• SI Staff
Yea its a pc problem, I need to enable the other core in the BIOS but I dont know how to do it, i cant see an option to do it

From what I can find out it is not possible to turn on or off individual cores on a Core 2 system, so if this is the case there wouldn't be an option to do this in the BIOS or anywhere else. What might be happening is that the processor power saving feature turns one core into a very low power state, effectively turning it off. What is your current power scheme set to in Windows (Control Panel -> Power Options -> Power Schemes)? (It's also possible that Dell comes with its own power management software installed, if so you should check this too)

Do you have a boot.ini file on the root of your C: drive? To check this you will need to make sure hidden files are visible in Windows Explorer (Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View -> Advanced settings -> Hidden files and folders -> Show hidden files and folders). If you do, can you post the contents of it (open it with Notepad, Select All, Copy to clipboard, then paste into a reply)?

Hi, cheers for the help, it has now been sorted. Brother came round and went into the BIOS and just had to enable it - When I was trying to do it myself lookin on websites most said you couldnt disable it like that but theres an option in the BIOS to do it, its the same on my HP work laptop, this one is a Dell.

Anyway im off for some high speed foot man at last wooo wooo!!! cheeeeeeeeeers

I certainly will...when I see my bro next - he doesnt live here anymore - When I tried to find it myself I couldnt.

On my HP laptop in BIOS theres something under power I think that just said Processor Dual 'Enabled' and you could toggle on and off so its probably similar to that

Archived