"Don't Let Your Performance Drop"

Can somebody please tell me if they have ever actually used that option succesfully at half-time. Everytime I've ever used that option i've conceeded straight after. Comfertable 2-0 lead away at Leicster with Leeds, conceed within 2 minutes...

It really depends on your squad personality, your opponent, home or away, etc as well as whether you dominated the first half or was just more lucky then the opponent. Basically, the idea is that if you are up by 2 or more goals against weaker opponent, you may use this option. For example, it is a good option in cup matches when you play lower league teams away: they are very motivated in front of their fans and your players may think that they have already won. In your example it might be that your players are getting a bit nervous whilst the opposition is fired up by AI teamtalk.

it works for me but I never say it to all my players, or it will fail like above mentioned ^^

If winning 2-0 I would say it to my defenders and goal scorers, or anyone else having a blinding game, but if theres any player with a rating of say 7.0 or lower I would try to motivate them or give them a bollocking.

I didn't understand the meaning of team-talk till I didnt start watching games in TV mode and squad motivation. Your team talk should depend on how player is playing (good game, being complacent, having bad game, etc...). Also not every player reacts the same to your team talk. E.g. younger players tend to play better if applied 'no preassure' talk. You should monitor how the players react to your talk all the game.

Now ussually I use team based team talk + from 1 to 5 individual talk based on players personality and performance in that match.

It really does wonders!

Edit: So as for your particular question - surely not all players will react positively to 'dont get complacent'. Just monitor how it affects them.

Also if AI applies very good talk at HT(which happens but not so often), opposition could rise their play much, so it does not depend only on your talk.

Archived