** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am playing as Australia with the 'Eagle' formation. I like the single striker formation. I started with V6 but it just didn't work for Australia. Luckily 'Eagle' does and I have won seven games straight now, qualified for the world cup and Asian Cup and am now looking to get to the second round of the world cup at the very least

without wanting to sound incredibly stupid, is there an article with information anywhere about piranha v6? all i can find is the link to the tactic on P1 of this thread. and even then, there's not really much information about eagle... what is an OP that many people keep talking about? can someone point me in the right direction?!

Using EAGLE tactic - finding defending a problem with goals - so in the posts there are mentions of what to do if 2 goals up (will try) and moving MC to DM.

Started with OGC Nice in France:

Season 1: 7th in league - QF in LC and R10 in french cup.

41 goals against in league!!

Season2 so far after 10 games: 3rd - still in both cups (early in LC and FC not started)

first XI:

GK Riou

DR Gassama

DL Berthod

DC Demidov

DC Apam

MC Hellebuyck

DM Zuculini

MC Sable/Borges

AMR Remy

AML Buonanotte

ST Gameiro

Hi Man..

I am trying your tweaked tactics with my Inter Milan team.. I'll let you know..

When I used this tactics with Juve, Marchisio and Ben Arfa did excellent in the central mid section.. As a matter of facts, Ben arfa can be played on CM, AMR, or AML... Zhirkov probably your best option on the AML.. AMR, I really enjoy what Marquinhos do.. Marquinhos can be played on FW too..

My main concern is forward position.. So far, the best one that I used using Chelsea and Juve is Robinho with his 31 goals.. Amauri is ok, Drogba is ok, but Robinho is fantastic ! Probably others can give any input.. Thnx

When I was playing with Udinese, Quagliarella was great. He became top league scorer with 26 goals, also pandev also is great!

@Redhotwax

I tried your EAGLE tweaked for a season using Inter Milan.. The only transfer that I did was only Zhirkov..

I won the league, got 100 points on it, scored around 60-something goals, and just conceded 8 !! Won champions league too.. Nice tweak man..

@Redhotwax

I tried your EAGLE tweaked for a season using Inter Milan.. The only transfer that I did was only Zhirkov..

I won the league, got 100 points on it, scored around 60-something goals, and just conceded 8 !! Won champions league too.. Nice tweak man..

Did you use this tactic both home and away?????????

@Redhotwax

Awesome! Great to hear it's working for you! :)

Whats the best teamtalk at half time,,,when i'm underdogs and drawing i would like to say pleased but saying pleased at half time seems to ruin the game,,what are ppls experience of teamtalks at half-time???????

2nd Season (Season 3) with Bristol City in the Prem and we are flying high in 2nd place with a notable 3-1 Away victory vs Chelsea on the opening day of the season. What I would like to know is would this tactic be suitable for teams in Leagues 1, 2 and all the way down to Conf South/North? If so what is the min requirement for stats for each of these leagues? I read on another thread that 11+ was about the avg for Leagues 1 and 2 but what would be the min stat for say the DC's Pace as surely 11 would be far too slow?

Did you use this tactic both home and away?????????

Yes.. This is really a plug and play tactics.. The only problem for this tactics is you gotta find the right player for the position.. Another thing that might help a lot is having the players learn the moves that Tyler said on the opening post..

For 1 season, I've been using Balotelli for my AMR.. He did ok.. Zhirkov rarely have off day on the left wing.. Everytime you put him in, Zhirkov always play superbly.. That's why even though Balotelli play crappy, we still won.. Now, I am using Ribery on my right side.. 2 games, and Ribery did 3 assist already..

3-0 against Roma for Super Cup

1-0 agains Juve for Euro Super cup... If not because of Buffon and Ibra missed pinalty, probably I will won at least 3-0 easily..

The thing that I observed with this formation is your team need times to get familiar with the formation. My first season, I just bought Zhirkov alone, so it doesnt take long for him to gel up with my team..

On my second season, I bought a lot of players.. That's why, I did 7-10 pre season friendly match tour to asia..

This was my formation for 1st season:

-----------------------Cesar-------------------------

Maicon -------- Cordoba --------- Chivu ------- Maxwell

-----------------------Vieira-------------------------

----------Stankovic ------------- Cambiasso ------------

Balotelly --------------------------------------- Zhirkov--

----------------------- Ibra --------------------------

2nd season formation:

Cesar

Maicon, Fazio, Chivu, Maxwell

Cambiasso

Toulanan , Modric

Ribery, zhirkov

Ibra

Awesome! Great to hear it's working for you! :)

Thanks for making this tactics even better !!

Hi Tyler,

First of all, thanks for the awesome tactic. I've been using it for 3 seasons now and its working a treat.

I felt that I was losing out on the full abilities of my wingers (Ronaldo and Silva) so I made the following changes and am finding that they are now a little more dangerous. Also, I'm having problems tracking down people who are naturals in ML and MR position so here is how I tweaked the tactic:

ML and MR Creative freedom no longer on team but on the first (lowest) notch of MUCH

ML and MR now have Free Roles

ML and MR now moved to AML and AMR

DL and DR passing style is now MIXED - middle notch (to compensate for the new increased distance between DL/DR and AML/AMR)

This is only useful IF:

You have some super 5 star creative wingers and you don't feel that they are pulling the strings in the way they are capable of.

Your DL and DR have good passing capability. (Vargas/Ramos)

Most of what I did was based on common sense but since I admit to being a tactical noob, please feel free to comment on my tweaks.

@Redhotwax

great tactic by RHW

but i lost 3-0 @ stamford bridge

with equal amount of chances from both side

i went back to V6 instead

might give it another try soon i guess

Hi, thanks Tyler for eagle tactic that is amazing.

I have just two questions for everibody.

Do you use the tyler training, is the best training?

If so do you give them a rest after every match or not?

And is good to give no training in shot for the winger?

THANKS!!!

I'm currently trying to modify this tactic to work in League 1 as obviously the players are less technical there and therefore I feel that short passing would not be good to use in that level. I have increased Pass to first notch 'Direct' and have lowered 'Tempo' by 1. I have pushed the 'Barrowed MC' back to the DMC role like 'Redwax' had tweaked. If any of you would like to become involved in the tweaking of this for a League 1 side (I'm using Bristol Rovers) please do as I am sure I will need help with this.

I have also been toying with the possibility of changing an 'MC' to an 'ST' so that we can play with 1 quick striker and either a tall target man or a poacher as the other striker.

I'm currently trying to modify this tactic to work in League 1 as obviously the players are less technical there and therefore I feel that short passing would not be good to use in that level. I have increased Pass to first notch 'Direct' and have lowered 'Tempo' by 1. I have pushed the 'Barrowed MC' back to the DMC role like 'Redwax' had tweaked. If any of you would like to become involved in the tweaking of this for a League 1 side (I'm using Bristol Rovers) please do as I am sure I will need help with this.

I have also been toying with the possibility of changing an 'MC' to an 'ST' so that we can play with 1 quick striker and either a tall target man or a poacher as the other striker.

I know it's counter-intuitive, but short passing actually suits less able players.

I use short passing in my Ternana game because to pull off a decent direct pass you need a fair amount of technique and vision, whereas a simple 10 yard pass is basic stuff.

Short passing doesn't always mean dazzling Arsenal-type, 22 pass goals ;)

Redhotwax, with your tweaked eagle version. do you win games confortable or with one goal. Im in my second season with Liverpool, i win almost every game, but only with one goal. The attributes in the positions. What level should they be on? Over 15?

Redhotwax, with your tweaked eagle version. do you win games confortable or with one goal. Im in my second season with Liverpool, i win almost every game, but only with one goal. The attributes in the positions. What level should they be on? Over 15?

Where is Redhotwax tweaked version??

Quote:

Originally Posted by matsnor View Post

On page 23

I know it's counter-intuitive, but short passing actually suits less able players.

I use short passing in my Ternana game because to pull off a decent direct pass you need a fair amount of technique and vision, whereas a simple 10 yard pass is basic stuff.

Short passing doesn't always mean dazzling Arsenal-type, 22 pass goals ;)

I can see how it makes sense what you're saying and I may try this at some stage but what have you done with the Tempo regarding the short passing? Why I ask this is because with less technical players they will surely mis-place their short passes when playing against sides that use hig pressure which is how many sides in the lower leagues.

Do you think that short passing with a heavily reduced tempo (Tempo 1st notch Mix) would work in the lower league?

I can see how it makes sense what you're saying and I may try this at some stage but what have you done with the Tempo regarding the short passing? Why I ask this is because with less technical players they will surely mis-place their short passes when playing against sides that use hig pressure which is how many sides in the lower leagues.

Do you think that short passing with a heavily reduced tempo (Tempo 1st notch Mix) would work in the lower league?

Yep. But you can have a moderate to quick pace as well if you like, you won't misplace as many as you'd think.

I'd just stick with "Mixed" tempo and "Mixed/Short" passing.

Does anyone use the praise or say they are disappointed with recent form on the player interaction screen,,,,,i used to use it a lot on 08 but i'm not sure when to praise players on 09,,,,,can anyone let me know how they use this feature?????????

Hey tyler great work.

Got a question tho , where you say -

Preferred Move Training

DC: Stay back, don't dive in.

FB: Stay back, don't dive in.

MR/L: Run/Dribble with ball down right/left.

MC: Try long shots, shoot with power.

FC: Run with ball through centre, place shots/round/lob keeper, moves into channels.

When i go to tell my players this alot of them i dont see the options avalible (like my wingers i dont see the option to tell them to run/dribble with ball down left//right).

Why is this ?

Hey tyler great work.

Got a question tho , where you say -

Preferred Move Training

DC: Stay back, don't dive in.

FB: Stay back, don't dive in.

MR/L: Run/Dribble with ball down right/left.

MC: Try long shots, shoot with power.

FC: Run with ball through centre, place shots/round/lob keeper, moves into channels.

When i go to tell my players this alot of them i dont see the options avalible (like my wingers i dont see the option to tell them to run/dribble with ball down left//right).

Why is this ?

Because they allready have this PM.

I'm hopeless with this tactic. I have taken my Hyde United team from BSN to the Championship (using a my own tactic) but I have spent the last 5-6 years in mid table mediocrity. The last 3 years I have used this tactic with almost identical results of inconsistent play that eventually leads to 10th place.

First I tried Piranha and found some success but always lacked the ability to score. Had on two occasions strikers that go on 20+ hours without a goal.

This year I went to Eagle and even with the modification the first 15 games I won only 2 and still weren't able to score. Even with the DM modification.

I'm now back to V6 giving it one more shot, considering this season another wash. I'm now on a 4 game losing streak to otherwise mediocre teams. Every once in awhile I will look promising scoring 4+ goals but it is never consistent.

I have built a team around this tactic using the OP as best I can so I don't think it is that. Anyone else having difficulties?

Matsnor. It depends. Tbh, I often win by the odd goal. Create a decent number of chances, but my strikers don't always seem 'on'. This is something I've encountered with FM2009 in general, independent of tactic. My most common score is 2-0, but definitely with a large number of 1-0 wins as well. I guess you can call this a Mourinho type tactic; not always pretty, but it wins you matches and championships in the long run.

Most important thing for me is not conceding. I know that, when I have the right players for this tactic as mentioned in the OP, I can sneak that goal. In the long run, this tactic has brought me 2 league wins and a cup win in two seasons, so I'm quite pleased. As I'm still fine-tuning my side, I'm sure European success is just a round the corner. Haven't tested this with a top European side yet, only with AZ.

In the "player interaction" screen, right under " offer to clubs" or " offer new contract".

Yeah i know that,,,what i mean is how can you tell what preferred moves they already have?