anyone know any players from fm...in real life?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know a few. For almost all of them i would say the stats are pretty accurate.

My sister has been going out with a footballer and the first thing I did was check his FM stats out - my sister then got excited about how much the game said he earnt (turned out he doesn't earn that much).

I was with a few pro clubs as a schoolboy then one year as an apprentice but this was in 1998 so I obvisley wasn't ever on any FM/CM game. Now a days with all the youth players on I probably would have been, which makes me gutted.

Being on an FM game would have been my greatest footballing achievement ever.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Number 7:

My friends cousin is Alan Hutton. I have played football with him a few times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was superb on Saturday

Guest STFCDude

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chasing Lamely:

Well, I work at Oxford United, so I know quite a few of the players down there... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is so unfortunate!!!!

You still selling bananas at half price!?

i grew up in the same town with freddy adu here in the states and he would always come to our high school football (american football) games with his friends, too bad hes not in MLS anymore

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chasing Lamely:

Well, I work at Oxford United, so I know quite a few of the players down there... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yemi Odubade he is quality used to play for my local :D

Eastbourne Borough

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klimowicz:

i used to go to college with Lomano Lua-Lua, now he's playing in the Champions League against Real Madrid ffs! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too, he then ended my Career at Essex Uni when i Trialled for the Uni Team with him (ok i might be partially responsible)

Liam Fox - Livingstone

Ian Black - Inverness CT

Eddie Malone - St Mirren

Stewart Devine - Stirling Albion

Liam Buchannan - Partick Thistle

Robbie Foy - free tansfer(ex Liverpool)

Either went to school or played for Hearts youth teams with them....I know Robbie from Under 10's Hutchison Vale :-)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I had a I had a close, intimate relationship with Gareth Barrywith Gareth Barry </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and stan collymore has had a few close, intimate relationships in car parks

Rhys Taylor, Chelsea Goalkeeper, he joined my school when he signed for chelsea, we got him to come out with us...he got hammered. Also chelsea have just nabbed anotehr youth player from slovakia, he goes to my school, and Steven Reid used to go to my school

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Benjaminoo:

My Dad is a fireman with Welsh league players Rhys Griffiths and Chris Summers.

Kaid Mohamed of Swindon is my mate's cousin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No i'm not moaning! Its sucks:

Leam Richardson - Accrington right back, friend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No way, are you from Accrington? My sister's friend is accountant or something similar for Stanley so I have met a couple of the players. The best story is when Rommy Boco signed for Accrington from France and had to live in Rob's (my sister's friend) spare room for about 3 months, then he had to move into Rob's parent's house because Rob's girlfriend had a baby.

I also played football against a player who now plays for Blackburn reserves, Keith Barker. Put three past my primary school team when I was marking him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flair:

My mates Ex-Girlfriend slept with Reo-Coker if that counts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used to go out with a chick from Borås who had slept with Anders Svensson.

I am good mates with Dario Vidosic at Nurnberg. went to school and played club football with him in australia when I moved from Greece. (qld roar).

Also am mates with a fair few guys in th aussie u23's squad and a few A-League players.

My uncle is a coach at panathinaikos, and was greece's captain at world cup 1994- Stratos Apostolakis.

A friend of mine is best mates with Ben Sahar of chelsea. they grew up in israel together, and he has known him since he was 6.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zebanumut:

i'm a retired international footballer(Turkey) so i know almost every player in the turkish league,and i met lots of stars from other countries,when i was playing in the champions league(i still cant speak english icon_smile.gif ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

really icon_redface.gif

How are you... or at least, when did you play CL?

Quite impressive icon_smile.gif

At high school I was in the same year as Ben Bowditch (ex-Spurs, now Cambridge City) and Kalam Mooniaruck (ex-Man U, now Thurrock - was on fm07, but not fm08 even though I believe he still plays there). And, I know of Dean Bowditch (Ipswich) as he is Ben Bowditch's brother.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived