AI always buys same players......

Hi, I posted this in the transfers/contracts section but it seems very slow in there compared to this forum so I'm hoping posting it here will get a response!

Anyway... Is there any way to change which players the AI always buy, or is it hardcoded? For example, everytime I start a game (doesn't matter what league I start in) Man City sign Luis Ernesto Perez, Yuri Zhirkov and Angelo Palombo within the first season. I'm hoping there's an .fmf I can play with to change this, but I've got a feeling it will be hardcoded and not something that can be fixed but it's really getting on my tits!!

When you start the game, shortlists are produced along with manager targets. So they will WANT the same players but there are random things that affect whether they join. In FM08 Arsenal USUALLY got Mutu but not always. In this game, though, Man City's finances are so huge that they can get pretty much whoever they want. Not Kaka, though, ha ha.

Thanks for the replies... I always tick that box anyway as I like to have the real squads until January (adds to the challenge + more realistic as new players already in squads) but City ALWAYS get Zhirkov and Perez at some point without fail.

Basically I just wondered if there was a way to change who are in the manager shortlists etc?

Thanks for the replies... I always tick that box anyway as I like to have the real squads until January (adds to the challenge + more realistic as new players already in squads) but City ALWAYS get Zhirkov and Perez at some point without fail.

Basically I just wondered if there was a way to change who are in the manager shortlists etc?

Its all about manager shortlists iirc so the only way to it would be to change the man city manager, but that doesnt sync very well with your realisim thing.:cool:

Archived