help me out ladz

i have taken team bath from blue square south to the championship on consectutive years. but i am now 29 matches into the championship and only won 3... is the step up alot bigger than the other leagues? or watelse could it be

I'm amazed you've gotten them to the Championship so quickly! Things were always going to get tougher eventually. If I were you, I'd just try and ride it out, try and set up a tactic that reduces your opponent's chances and if the worst happens, plan for next season in a division you know you can compete in.

it is a huge step up mate, think about it, you have alot of teams with premiership experience in it, and alot better quality players are willing to sign in hope to get to prem if no prem teams are interested, the best way (i found when i got there with chelmsford although it took me 9 seasons) was to buy experienced defenders and look to stay solid at the back. Turn your home ground into a fortress, get a few years of championship money and then build! It happens to alot of teams, they rise up too quick then cant handle it! Thats my tips anyway! im sure there are plenty others to follow!

Agreed, the wheels were always going to come off somewhere. Plan for next season in league 1.

Not bad advice actually. Assuming you're relatively secure in your job, and the expectations aren't too high (e.g. battle bravely against relegation), it might not be a bad idea to plan for relegation, and buy players on short 1-2 year contracts that you believe will get you out of League One. I did this with my Gillingham team in FM08 and it paid dividends.

ill simply echoe the advice given, spend january and onwards fighting for you lives and preparing for league one, use your current championship status to attract a few players who will be very strong in league one, go down and come back stronger, youll be suprised at the difference this makes, i done this with cardiff with the prem/championship, at crimbo i was 14 points of safety as i just couldent afford to compete for the players needed, took some tasty free transfers down with me and spent some pennies made from the prem and built a solid side that went on to finish mid table in the prem 2 years later

yh i thought the wheels would have to pop off at sum point. my common sense kind of pointed to those answers i was just hoping there was sumhow a mircacle cure for it. safe for the advice tho i guess il be off perhaping for league 1 then

play counter attacking footbal. Narrow, with direct passing and a pacey poacher up front. feed him balls to run on to adn you should be able to steal some wins. read the tactical theorems and frameworks and see how to utilise counter attacking, defensive and shot up shop tactics.

Good Luck!

Try to save your club from relegation to League One is m advice. I have gotten Maidenhead United in the Championship in our first season there we were 14 points from safety in January but I made some good loan signings from other Championship clubs to get my squad some more quality and we managed to stay up. But it wouldn't hurt to start planning for League One football either if all else fails. Good luck.

Archived