FM 2009: Official Villarreal Club de Fútbol - El Submarino Amarillo

Wilson7

:p

I've kept 12 clean sheets so far this season, unfortunately we've let 16 goals past in the other 7 games :(

Matty F is AMAZING. He's probably my favourite player on FM, and the reason I start games with Villarreal. 9 goals and 6 assists in 15 games with an average rating of 7.59 says it all.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

transfers up to now

vvvvvn.jpg

Kasper is back up keeper , asenjo will start :)

i just drew 0-0 in CL with chelsea at group stages and beat barca 3-0 in league which was a little shock , im now playin 4-3-3 and its working quite well

I've just finished my first season, finishing 4th. Valencia pushed us hard, but we finished ahead by just 1 point. Matty F topscored with 24, also had most assists with 11. Witsel, Bolzoni and Sakho are developing very nicely, Witsel is attracting interest from top clubs around Europe :( My two main transfer targets in the summer will be Camacho and Azplilcueta, I'll also be looking to pick up another CB, as I won't be renewing Fuentes contract.

Cazorla has been mixed , usually a rating of 6.98 i think , i was kind of disapointed with his performances as im a big fan in real life of him , but i thought i best keep him as he is a local boy home grown player ;) and its not like he was worse player ive seen

I made about £30m selling all the dead wood that comes back from loan at the start of season 2 :D I've manage to get Alexis Sanchez for £10m (£5m to AC Milan/Udinese), which I thought was a steal, Caceres for £5.25m from Barcelona which could be a great deal also. Other transfer so far are Aquino, Laurito and working on bringing Asenjo to the club. I was trying to bring in a RB, but my targets are all to expensive so I'll just promote Santon, who can hopefully step up to first team football. I've decided against bring Camacho in for the time being, I had a bid of £20m accepted (couldn't get him for any less :(), but I cancelled at the last minute. My scouts also found a pretty amazing Italian regen, stats are unreal for a 15 y/o. I'll post some screenies when the transfer window is shut.

Just started a Villarreal game. Changed a few backgrond staff. Bought Erick Delgado Peruvian GK for £775 to replace Juan Carlos who wants to go. Also signed Roberto Canella as a back up left back from Sporting for £5 mil. Board also gave me more money when I asked. Only done the friendlies so far.

Be interesting to see how things go. Planning to use 4-4-2 formation

I've just finished my 2nd season, finishing 3rd in the league. No silverware, again, hopefully my squad will stick together and have some success next season. Half of Europe are chasing my players though :( I might sell Rossi as I have a bit of overload in the ST position, Altidore and Paloschi have both come back from loan labelled as wonderkids, and their values have gone through the roof.

I gotta have a go as Villarreal once I do my Valencia game I am really hooked on Spainish football at the moment. Got a soft spot for these after reading about the town and the clubs players. Do you sell Nihat I have always wanted to buy him but he is a bit too old to splash the cash on him.

Mates, this weekend I'm going to start my first FM2009 game, my team will be Sevilla or Villarreal. Can you convice me that Villarreal is the best choice? It looks like a good team but is there enough challenge? I don't like to much money because it makes it to easy to buy a lot of great players.

You get ~£6m to spend in the first season, unless you ask for more. Though there are some great players in the squad there are some definite areas of improvement, CB being your main concern at the start. You also have a great chairman who (atleast for me) doesn't get involved at all and is prepared to back you in the transfer market.

Archived