FM 2009: Official Villarreal Club de Fútbol - El Submarino Amarillo

Wilson7

My main concern is that's easy to generate a lot money if you sell Nihat of Rossi. Once I saw Liverpool buying Nihat for 30 million. But your opion is that there's enough challenge with Villarreal? I also do not like playing Champions league in the first season but it is a fact that they do.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sold Nihat for £16.75m, I don't think I could have got more than that. You should probably keep Rossi, he's an excellent player. There is also challenge in keeping the wage bill low, Villarreal have a small stadium and generally do not generate a ton of income, so you need to keep expensives as low as possible.

I sold Nihat for £16.75m, I don't think I could have got more than that. You should probably keep Rossi, he's an excellent player. There is also challenge in keeping the wage bill low, Villarreal have a small stadium and generally do not generate a ton of income, so you need to keep expensives as low as possible.

I meant 30 million euro (22 million pounds?) and you're right about the low capacity of the stadium. I think I will give it a try. The Spanish competition has always been my favourite. I thing I definitely will try is to buy as much Spanish players as possible.

on the first year my objetive was to make the team as stronger as i can using almost all the money on the club

transfers 2008/2009

myscreenshot63.th.jpg

back then i made one of the very best bargain buys with gago only for 8 mill... madrid just wanted out ... no idea why

with rivaldo, i know his physical stats arent any good... but is skills were too damm good for the money .. and i am a fan of him ...he was a very good back up for mati fernandez

with orellana i gain a backup for nihat and cazorla.. orellana can play in both sides and as a forward.. he is fast and very good dribbler

with samba i made a stronger and more secure defense since cygan and fuentes were too slow for my taste

and micoli was my backup for rossi...

on the first season i made alot of rotations on the line up because of the champions and the copa del rey

on the champions i qualified 2nd on the group behind olympique lionnais the other two were basel and wisla .. pretty much an easy group

in the first knockout round got liverpool .. after an great match at home with a proud 3 - 3 .. i was 3 - 0 up winning on the first time.

on the away game i loss 2 - 5 and that was it for the team on the international competition... sadly i couldnt ask for more.

on the copa del rey the first game was at home ... we take it with a battled 2 - 1 but on the second game .. a loss away from home with a 1 - 4 .. and just 6 days before the painfull loss on the champions with liverpool (2 - 5) away...those were important away matches and i was just making my team look like a joke.

until there i was just playing attaking all the games with out rest with high presure getting good home results but struggling away with equals or greater teams... so i finally decided to make a tactic for those matches with tight deep defense, all lines trying to leave no space so the the opponents have to come forward leaving space behind for me and making them suffer with fast counter attacks...sadly was too late.

the league stats from 2008/2009

myscreenshot62.th.jpg

got a sad 5th place only 2 points from the 3rd place ...there was my team with painfull losses on the CL and copa del rey and no even qualified to the CL next year...

unleast i got one of my objetives that was making the team stronger ( almost all the team improved their stats insanely) got 2 good tactics and the squad harmony was great.

soon the season 2 .. 2009/2010

PD: very sorry for the bad english

Shame about your fifth position mate but its still good mate. Try to win the Uefa next season. :)

Interesting transfers tbh.

Why is the fifth position a shame? Barcelona, Real, Atletico and Sevilla all have equal or better squads and reputation. Fifth position in the first season looks good to me.

on the second season ... the team were strong but small ... i feel the need of making the team with more people capable of playing against the best teams of the league and europe... meaning making huge changes with the players that not showed a good level in the past season or even never got to play.

myscreenshot64.th.jpg

i sold almost every player that it was useless for my goals...the sales were on low prices upfront but with good percentages for later transfers

marquinhos to me ... is a young ronaldinho... is fast ... excellent dribbler .. high technical skills and can play in every position in the front of the attack ... winger, forward ...playmaker and even in both sides midfield and he was only 20 years then

vennegor of hessenlink, a huge forward from holland... 191 cm...with high finishing stats ... great heading and jumping ... strong for holding the ball and skilled in first touch and passing ...the job was make a target man to hold the ball and gain space in my counter atacking tactic... more a link player than a finisher .. but if he got the chance to shoot ...i knew there was skills to challenge

bayal sall...a tall and strong young defensive midfieler that could play also has defender ... with fantastic heading ... reading of the game ( anticipation, position, workrate, teamwork etc) and good aceleration for eliminate those fast forward that always can make a problem

keirrison i think he dont need the explanation ;)

diego buonanotte ...fast and skilled playmaker and winger ... the only thing that bothers from him is how tall he is ...only 161 cm and no even ask him to win a header .. :( .. but with the ball on his feet ... it can make wonders

filipe ... the replacement for capdevilla that i sold for 9 mill ...he was a solid left fullback but old...so i choose to bring a young replacement with great future and for less money

davide santon ... great future and good backup for now

giovani dos santos ... great future .. and great for rotations

on the copa del rey got albacete(won 7 - 1 ) ... levante ( rivals, 6 - 1 won) , at madrid (won 6 - 2) and in the semifinals got valencia ...was THE match of the season and a lost at home with a embarrasing 1 - 3 and then away 0 - 1 ... those damm f***** got me!

on the uefa cup, the group stage was easy .. with stuttgart being the only strong team ... qualified second .. at that point i just wanted to qualify and didnt played with the best eleven on every game...the first knockout round got udinese .. there were playing good .. qualified first on their group with 6 wins and doing well in the serie A ... 4th if i remember well... that game was serius and my team responded well .. with a 4 - 1 at home and the away game won 0 - 1... they got one red card on the 21 min so their chances were close to zero.

next round got stuttgart ... was time for revanche for the games on the group stage ( i lost and tied ) ...won 2 - 0 at home and 3 - 1 away with great counter attacks

on the quarter finals got ajax ... i did a painfull mistake with a press conferense and my team were full of complacency the home game was a tie 1 - 1 .. on the away team tried to recover but lossed 2 - 1 and that was it ...the fault was mine and not of the team.

on the league

myscreenshot65.th.jpg

with madrid and barcelona lossing only 2 games ... there was very little chance that i could be any higher ... but the result is good .. a proud third place with 8 points from the 4th place ... with the CL next ... it was a good season ... with the objetive acomplished ...making the team stronger and with very good backups ...sold the old players .. and the team where younger with a promising next season

the transfers of 2010/2011

myscreenshot67.th.jpg

with my team strong in every line ... just need it two position to cover ...a cheap and strong DC .. and a better GK since the last season i had d.lopez injuried almost a month and viera conceded too mutch that was a factor because the past season i was so behind the first two places so ... got yohan pele ... he is better at every thing that lopez was good at.

gustavo cabral is a strong DC with similar stats to gonzalo rodriguez .. and the beautifull thing is that vilarreal has a transfer clause of 50% on him .. so i got him on half the price ( paid 10 mil )

yohan pele was another 10 mil so with the sale of cazorla i got two great players and leave 5 mil of cash ... at this point the club balance was really strugglin out of the red zone with all the transfers of the past seasons

sold cazorla who was giving solid performances but never was of my liking ... and had giovani dos santos on the bench who could easly replace him. latter at the end of the season cazorla signing on real madrid was the worst signing of the season, OWNED.

on the copa del rey got knockout on the quarter finals with barcelona with a global of 2 - 3.

on the champions league ....the group was olympique lyonnais, besikitas, saturn and us, qualified 2nd with 3 points behind. 4 wins 1 draw 1 lost.

the first knockout round got arsenal!... i said .. that it for the CL of this year ...and came the first match at home... i played the attacking tactic since i got nothing to lose against a huge and better team than me... was wrong .. keirrison scored at the min 5 and carlos vale tied in the 9. just 10 minutes and was a great match. it ended with us taking the advantage 3 - 2 .. in a entertaining game.

the away match the ambition has increased and i was going to take the game in contrast of the first game when i played especting to lose heavely.

in the first half of the second game was losing 2 0 ... in the half time team talk choosed dissapointing and anger to anyone below 6.4

at the minute 58 was already 2 - 2 and keep attacking until the end ... it ended 2 - 2 and we kicked out arsenal proudly.

the quarters i got real madrid ... nothing to fear since the last game with them i won 4 - 1 ... so there was going to be a even battle... won the first game at home with a narrow 1 - 0 on a corner that ended on goal of christopher samba. the game was extremely dominated by them ...they got 18 shots and 59% of posesion ... and we with only 4 shots .. take the win.

at the second game i started playing with a counter attacking tactic since the awfull performance of the first match...

they scored at 72 with guiza (19 mill on 2009) and on the minute 77 they got a red card on carlos cuellar (DC)

then i changed the tactic to full attack and couldnt get the goal necesary to avoid extra time.

on the first extra time mati fernandez scored a free kick and .. guiza scored on the minute 120 to then wining the game 2 - 1 .. but i got to the next round with away goals.

the semi final got chelsea ...the first game was away so i went countar attacking. at mintute 61 the got their second goal and that was a bad result .. so i changed the tactic to attacking to get an away goal and try to secure the leg at home. on the min 85 mati fernandez got a beatifull free kick in .. and there was my away goal. ended 2 - 1 we lost.

on the second game at home... told the kids to make it for the fans .. and they did .. won 4 - 0 and there i was .. on the final of the CL. defeating these 3 insane teams.

the final i got barcelona that defeated AC milan on the another semi final.

the game extremely close the last times i tried to win with counter attacks against then but with out good result i decided to go attacking and that the better team take the game. they got the first goal on the minute 20 and all the game was really even untill bayal sall got a corner in and tied the game ...not even extra time give us a diference playing evenly both teams .. on penaltys rossi missed the last shot and lossed 5 - 4. i didnt expect to get so high on this competition that year since the team was too young.

myscreenshot69.th.jpg

so then for second time i lost a competition against barcelona (CL and copa del rey).

on the liga i was first until the last game of the season .. and guess what!!! ... last game against barcelona away.. if i win, the league is ours.

it was an impossible game and they won 2 - 0 with two of messi .. those damm A******* got me for the third time on the season and real madrid took the league. i got a sadly 2nd place.

myscreenshot66.th.jpg

there is with out a doubt a progression of the team every season is better than before.

with a team doing better every season the next objective is .... make the club grow .. not just the team ... i want a bigger stadium, better training facilities, better young facilities and a big green balance of 80 mill unleast ...

at the end of this season got a kit sponsorship deal of 4.92 Mill per year. almost 2 mil more than the old one.

soon will make a resume of my current season ...that dont falls short of this one ;)

PD: sorry for making the post so long .. :p and sorry again for the bad english

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone still playing?

I've just finished my first season. It wasn't the best and to be honest, the less said about it the better...! Finished 5th in the league miles behind Valencia, Real, Atletico and Barca.

I somehow managed to finish 3rd in a relatively easy CL group so ended up in the UEFA Cup where I was eventually knocked out by Everton in the Quarters - I thought I had it wrapped up after a 2-0 home win in the first-leg so I stuck a weakened team out in the second-leg and got beat 4-1.

Transfers 08/09;

transfers1.png

League Table;

tableeym.png

Anyway, I'm currently in August in 2009 and have brought in a couple of new players but I could do maybe another DR/DL as cover for my full-backs. Everyone seems to be after my players and they're becoming unsettled, I've already rejected some huge offers for Nihat, Rossi, Rodriguez, Witsel, Defour, Lopez and Fernandez.

Transfers 09/10;

transfers2s.png

Squad;

squad.png

Bolzoni has been brought in as a long-term replacement for Senna who says he's retiring when his contracts run outs and the end of next season so I'll probably end up playing Defour instead of him more this season. I'll probably have a play around with the formation aswell so I can fit in Rossi up front with Nihat.

Any suggestions? I've got £23.5m to play with and I'm something silly like £230k under my wage budget!

I just started my Villarreal game. Will post some screens later. For now this is my squad:

Diego Lopez

Angel Rivas Rodriquez Capdevilla

Senna Veloso

Sanchez Mati Fernandez Cazorla

Cardozo

Man City offered 23.5 million euro for Nihat so I had to sell him! Any suggestions for my team? Hopefully my 4-2-3-1 system works in the Spanish competition. It worked very well in the Italian competition with my Lazio team.

I just started my Villarreal game. Will post some screens later. For now this is my squad:

Diego Lopez

Angel Rivas Rodriquez Capdevilla

Senna Veloso

Sanchez Mati Fernandez Cazorla

Cardozo

Man City offered 23.5 million euro for Nihat so I had to sell him! Any suggestions for my team? Hopefully my 4-2-3-1 system works in the Spanish competition. It worked very well in the Italian competition with my Lazio team.

you need a good DR .. angel is just average ... and capdevilla is fine for now .. try to sell him at the end of the season and bring a young DL .. like filipe.

Finnished my 1st season. Disappointing 8th in the league but won the Spanish cup beating Bilbao in the final.

Finnished 3rd in the Champions leage behind Arsenal and Fiorentina and qualified for UEFA cup but got put out by Schalke.

Nihat and Rossi were excelent along with Fernandez and Senna. For the second season I've bought Asenjo from Valladolid and one or two other fringe players. Sold Cygan and Franco. Hoping to bring in another young CB. Marcano or whatever his name is from Racing was my number one target but he went to Athletic Madrid I think. Thinking about Hedgwes Maduro although his pace isnt great.

Have to improve the league position or I'll probably be out of a job.

I've about £25 mill. Hoping to temp to Osasuna right back but they wont sell. Ended up getting Mikel Gonzalez from Sociadad. OK not a hugh star but will do a job. Giving some of the 1st season Loan players a chance.

Beat Real Madrid 2-1 at home at drew 0-0 away to win the Super cup

• 2 weeks later...

Ok two whole days off of work and what better way to enjoy them than being plastered infront of my computer and football manager... I was stuck between starting a game as Napoli or Villarreal, but thanks to Wilson7 it didnt take me long to decide (oh and the fact that the villarreal fans have set up a supporters club for my beloved Celtic. I will update my clubs goings on when i get to the start of the season... Cant wait

Just started as Villarreal and I'm trying to replicate their real life "pass and move" tactic.

Started with a 4-2-3-1 with wingers. Center backs press and wingers provide crosses while the wingers cut inside and attempt shots or through balls. the two deep lying center midfielders are there to win the ball and provide options. The lone frontman holds the ball up and gets on the end of crosses.

When everyone is fit I expect to line up like this

Lopez

Angel--------------Godin------Rodriguez----Capdevila

Senna-----Eguren

Nihat----Ibagaza----Cazorla

Rossi

Played a couple of friendlies:

A.D Laguna 0-11 Villarreal

Zarramonza 0-14 Villarreal

Wehen 0-3 Villarreal

Onda 0-13 Villarreal

Ascoli 0-0 Villarreal

Mouscron 0-1 Villarreal

Willem II 0-5 Villarreal

Villarreal 2-1 Genoa

Outstanding performers are Capevilla with 7 assists and Cazorla with 15 goals and an average rating of 8.94.

Brought in Angulo from Valencia for £350k and he got injured for three weeks so havent really had a chance to ook at him. Hes 31 and will be a good backup for a year or so. Even if he just gives Cani/Nihat a break in the cup.

I'm trying to create a similar sort of tactic.

4-2-3-1, pass and move style but I'm not having any luck with this sort of tactic.

If you don't mind me asking, can you give abit more information on your player/team instructions?

I started a game with Villarreal just a few days ago, great club. I'm playing 4-2-3-1 and finished 4th in competition behind Barca, Real and Atletico. Here's my starting eleven:

Lopez

Azpilicueta Fazio Rodriguez Capdevilla

Senna Veloso

Cazorla Fernandez Mata

Laurito

I highly recommend Fazio, this guy is a god, scored 15 goals in his first season (as a DC)

Did you guys find it hard to beat Barca and Real, I just can't handle them! Lost 6-1 away at Barcelona and at home I played very defensive but still 0-2.

Just started my second season and I'm doing great, except the lost game against...Real Madrid.

Today I've been inspired to start a game with Villarreal. Have never managed them before. Couple quick questions about their stadium. I read here that they don't own their stadium, but when I look in their information screen there's no indication that they pay any kind of annual fee to rent it. So do they own it or rent it?

The other question is has anyone managed to build a new stadium with them?

just started a new game with villarreal so far i have signed Asenjo( always buy him, an awesome GK) and santon good RB, im selling Gonzalo Rodriguez anyone know anywhere else needs sorting out. I wanted to sell Nihat but he is out for months so i cant i have 3.3m left but should have about 7m when i sell Rodriguez, Thanks in Advance

Finished 2nd season. Finished 6th in the league but won the UEFA cup on penalties against Udinese.

Nihat was brilliant. Got Azpilcueta coming in for the next season. Main concern is I'm losing alot of money. Don't really want to sell Nihat Rossi Altitore or Rodriguez but might be forced to.

• 1 month later...

Started a game as Villarreal a few days ago. Just about to start my second season. First Season:

http://img35.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ligabbvavil08.jpg

1st season transfers:

http://img39.imageshack.us/my.php?image=viltrans08.jpg

Balotelli and Hulk were bought in Jnauray after selling Rossi and a few others.

2nd season transfers:

http://img40.imageshack.us/my.php?image=viltrans09.jpg

As you can see, I invested heavily in players this season in a bid to seriously push for the title. Money is now a bit thin on the ground but progression in the Champions League would help that side of things.

My current squad:

http://img38.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vilsquad09.jpg

Very pleased with the squad and, in particular, the strength in depth of it. I've got a few capable players for each position. Any suggestions for improvements would be greatly appreciated :)

george94

Squad looks fine, you might need a long term replacement for Senna. :thup:

Bolzini or Zuculini for example.

Cheers mate, have been thinking about Bolzoni for a while. While I've got Javi Martinez coming through, I don't hold out hope of keeping Joao Moutinho much longer as he is wanted by all the big clubs. Bolzoni hopefully should be arriving in January or at the very latest, in the summer :thup:

Mid Season Update 2009/2010

I decided to sell Nihat during the January transfer window, looking to raise funds to keep the club in a healthy financial state. He went to Inter Milan for the huge sum of £27 million, a fee I was only too happy to take for a 30 year old who is being forced out the team by Balotelli. Coming the other way was Bolzoni at just £3.7 million, having been languishing in the reserves for the past few years. I also brought in Ezequiel Garay from Real Madrid, who was transfer listed for £3 million and should provide decent cover at DC. Sebastien Eguren went to Lecce for £3.1 million after Bolzoni came in.

The season has been decent so far and we're still realistically in with a shout at the title:

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/3836/ligabbvavil09mid.jpg

Archived